13 Seasons!

https://screenrant.com/game-thrones-ending-13-seasons-george-martin/

Cant blame the d&ds for wanting to end it but they definitely took major shortcuts and I wonder what would have happened if all the books were done or at least the treatments were done. 

Comments

• I think anymore seasons would have killed this show. 

Most of what was was cut for the show was the slow and boring bits from the books. 

If George would get off his ass and write the damn books like he should, maybe there would be more stuff for D&D to make. The show took a steep downward turn when they ran out of book material. It’s not their fault. They ran out of book and had to start winging it because George got distracted by football, or squirrels, or whatever-the-fuck. 

I would not not want to see GoT floundering through trying to write George’s books for him for 5 more seasons.  

STFU and write, George.  Or STFU and don’t write. At this point, I have no expectations. 
  • The only way this show would have made it 13 seasons is if they didn't make season 1 = book 1 and season 2 = book 2.  If they had decided that books 1 and 2 would be told through like 5 seasons, then perhaps you stretch it out.  But I don't think they should have done it that way.  Think the way they did the show was acceptable with trying to make each season 1 book (with the exception that book 3 almost had to be stretched out between 2 seasons just because so much happens in the 2nd half of that book).  But even when I read books 4 and 5 i thought to myself at how they can stretch these books out into multiple seasons because i thought the overall story of those book could be told in about 5 episodes give or take.

I guess the only way the show gets extended is if nothing was cut from the books and they just used the book stuff verbatim (like Lady Stoneheart or Faegon, etc.).

• edited September 18
    Wow. This article is one of the more ridiculous things I have read in a while. GRRM has moved from eccentric to crazy. 

George, I get it. If you don’t want to finish the books fine but to critique the show like this is...well I have no words. 
  • I get it. GRRM has let all the fame and prestige from the show get to him. He is now accustomed to red carpets and travelling to all the places he ever dreamed of going. Sitting at his DOS computer and writing a story that can no longer be built or gardened, but must simply be tied up and ended is boring for him.

But Christ Almighty, George. Stop with the excuses. They are going to give you nearly 80 hours to tell the story. A 10 hour season should be more than enough to tell the story of 1 single book, even one that is 800 pages. GRRM is writing 7 books and there are 8 seasons. Do the math.

This is prestige TV on HBO, not The Simpsons, man.
  • Number of years on the air is not a measure of quality, that’s some old-school thinking George.
    DummyKingKobra
  • I get it. GRRM has let all the fame and prestige from the show get to him. He is now accustomed to red carpets and travelling to all the places he ever dreamed of going. Sitting at his DOS computer and writing a story that can no longer be built or gardened, but must simply be tied up and ended is boring for him.

But Christ Almighty, George. Stop with the excuses. They are going to give you nearly 80 hours to tell the story. A 10 hour season should be more than enough to tell the story of 1 single book, even one that is 800 pages. GRRM is writing 7 books and there are 8 seasons. Do the math.

This is prestige TV on HBO, not The Simpsons, man.
    Go back 10 years or so and this TV series would have been made into a trilogy of movies.  How would he have felt then having all his books boiled down to about 9 hours total.  It would have been awful and I'm extremely grateful for the coming of the golden age of television where companies are dumping as much money as they are into TV and not just into movies.