AMC's plan for The Walking Dead

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-19/inside-amc-networks-plan-to-make-walking-dead-live-forever

Come on AMC.  Sometimes you have to kill your darlings.  

AMC plans on keeping The Walking Dead universe alive by creating a decade's worth of movies and spin-offs.  

Comments

• Wishful thinking. TWD's ratings have been in decline since season 5. Fear's have been going down since season 1.

• Isn’t Fear on life support?
  • The Morgan crossover as the start of 4A gave Fear a brief ratings bump, essentially delaying the decline for a half-season. 4B's ratings are back to being lower than ever before.
  • The Morgan crossover as the start of 4A gave Fear a brief ratings bump, essentially delaying the decline for a half-season. 4B's ratings are back to being lower than ever before.
    the only ratings bumb Fear got was that they made a very seamless transition from TWD finale to FTWD episode 1. i didn;t realise i was watching FTWD for like 10 minutes....
  • Lol amc. One day you are going to learn. I hate you for ruinning a once great adaption. I was watching ftwd today the newest episode and there was mistake after mistake after mistake with choices, dialogue ect. Such shitty writing. And they made Morgan look stupid. There's also a bit where they should have easily killed a walker on a door and every single character walked passed it. This tv franchise needs to die. But amc isn't just going to milk the cow there gonna fucking bleed it too. Lennie and the big twd cast deserve better 
    Kela15
  • Lol, in your wildest dreams AMC, I’m sure people are interested in the same shitty product minus any actors they actually care to watch. 
  • i'll be a little surprised if there are any vestiges left in 2021.
  • Man there is nothing good on Sunday nights anymore.  I rarely care about the late NFL games. 

I’m scared I’m going to get sucked back into TWD :(   
  • I’m scared I’m going to get sucked back into TWD :(   
    Please don't. Be strong. We're here to help.
    NervousRhino
  • You’re right.  I was weak. I’m sorry. Thank you 
  • NervousRhino I was just thinking the same thing about  Sunday nights!

TWD has become a self-Meta-analysis on a lack-luster apocalypse that promises exciting adventures but ends up being Trump jerking it too himself in the bathroom mirror because Fox News has been cancelled...
    NervousRhino
  • edited September 24
    Ohhhhhh!!!!!!! Damn lmao!