Bald Move NES Side-scroller

JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
edited September 22 in Gaming
Alright,

The gaming talk at lunch today got me thinking. Someone *needs* to develop a Bald Move (Mario / Megaman style) NES side-scroller. I would commit many, many dollars to the kickstarter for this. Here are just my initial ideas.

1. Both Jim and Aron are playable characters. Their gameplay is roughly the same with a little modification (think Super Mario 2). Maybe one can throw farther, another can jump higher, etc.
2. Cecily is a playable character as well, but possibly only if you have the right code to unlock her (you can't just give away the Cecily for free; it's Cecily!).
3. Power-ups are (of course) burritos. 
4. Level bosses? Off the top of my head... Paul Giamatti, Jeff Bezos, Pete Campbell (from Mad Men), maybe some "rival" podcasters. I'm not sure who else.
5. Levels? I'm not sure on this one. Possibly there is one for some of the major shows they've covered, but I think we can maybe do better.

Share your thoughts. Who are the level bosses? What are the levels? What is the general premise of the game? What other fun / obvious details am I missing?
MattyWeavesMurderbearFreibergFreddy

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    The Pete fight would obviously be in a pit. It can't be anywhere else. 

Other bosses? David Chen of course. Maybe the pink teddy bear from the end of S2 of Breaking Bad. Aron could hulk out to take that fucker on while Jim dodges debris. 

I think Jim powers up with burritos, as you said, but Aron powers up with Jim Beam.

A level where Aron captains a boat needs to be in there and Jim can be fighting off Westworld hosts who are on the boat. Why are they on the boat? "Who knows? who cares?" which is what I am pretty sure they said plenty in the Westworld writer's room. 

On the "Continue?" screen it naturally has to have "Save Bald Move!" as the title. 
    MattyWeavesMurderbearJoshuaHeterdarwinfeeshy
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    There has to be a mandatory "ride something" level, where they both fly on dragons as White Walkers chuck ice spears at them.
    JoshuaHeter
  • One boss is definitely Rick from Walking Dead voiced by ARon.
    JoshuaHeter
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    That's a great idea. A long time ago somebody made an 8 bit style RPG game where all the NPCs we're members of a forum community I was part of and it was so cute I could die. There was a JRPG dev kit that was easy to use and they just went to town.

I wonder if there is a side scroller type engine sdk available?
    JoshuaHeter
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    I'm a little rusty with my Unity knowledge but I feel like this would be a doable thing within that framework, especially if someone were to go through the trouble of creating all the sprites and textures for me  :D
    JoshuaHeter
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited September 22
    I'd go TCG like Magic if I had a choice. Or hell, even a one off Magic set with a Bald Move theme (although, creating rules for a game is half the fun). The Paul Giamatti card would definitely be a "search deck" card. "8 Hour High Concept Board Game Rage!" would be the "Wrath of God".
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    MrX said:
    One boss is definitely Rick from Walking Dead voiced by ARon.
    Okay, so clearly @Carter is in charge of inserting the voice clips, right? Because there is no way any of the rest of us can remember exactly when Jim did his impression of Nolan Batman Alfred saying "some people just want to watch the world burn...", and I'll be long dead in the cold ground before I play an 8 Bit Bald Move video game that doesn't have that somewhere in it. Long dead!
  • The princess could be Carrie Coon. When you  get to the end and rescue her you get to shoot her in the bullet proof vest , then she sets the room on fire.
    Freddy
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    I feel like there definitely needs to be a Fishnado level somewhere in there.
    JoshuaHeter
  • The Pete fight would obviously be in a pit. It can't be anywhere else. 

Other bosses? David Chen of course. Maybe the pink teddy bear from the end of S2 of Breaking Bad. Aron could hulk out to take that fucker on while Jim dodges debris. 

I think Jim powers up with burritos, as you said, but Aron powers up with Jim Beam.

A level where Aron captains a boat needs to be in there and Jim can be fighting off Westworld hosts who are on the boat. Why are they on the boat? "Who knows? who cares?" which is what I am pretty sure they said plenty in the Westworld writer's room. 

On the "Continue?" screen it naturally has to have "Save Bald Move!" as the title. 
    This right here proves that the collective mind of Bald Move could really make this pretty awesome.
    Freddy
  • Just cataloging ideas...

- The Villigan and The Weiner need to be involved somehow. They don’t seem like they should be villains / obstacles, but maybe.
    - Collecting pennies could be a thing (from the Amazon / copper syndicate days).
    - I don’t think there should be any major JW aspect of the game, but maybe include a teeny tiny Easter egg.