A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Director: Steph Green
Writer: Chris Yakaitis

Comments

• kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Anybody catch that Westworld reference? 
    A_Ron_HubbardFreddyDani_Armindorusskelly
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Have not watched this yet, but I know and hang out with a lot of career criminals and prostitutes. Pretty sure this one was good. Ha ha
  • Watching this show reminds me of an episode of Guys We Fucked podcast where the hosts interviewed a former pimp. They're a very specific type of predatory con men, almost like a cult leader with a few female believers. I guess that's why I always wince a little when @A_Ron_Hubbard comments on how much swag CC has. Underneath the velvet jacket, the fancy cane, or even the violent temperament, there's only a shadow of an insecure, unsophisticated man who's afraid of flying. 

The part about him being a pimp starts at around 1:04:20 mark if anyone's interested.   
    Freddy
    edited September 25
    CC is easily the villain of the show, but fuck me if that guy isn't entertaining as all hell. "We go back in time!?"
    edited September 25
    The craziest part about this show is that for the most part it paints the mob in a good light. Or at least not in an awful light, at any rate.
    Best episode of the series.
    @Demic Good looking out. That is a hell of a podcast episode. One of those that I'll listen to multiple times and recommend to friends.
    Jim hit the nail on the head with how the show feels. Very much in the same vein as Jackie Brown, where you just feel like you're in the room with the characters. Just sort of hanging out with them.
    edited September 25
    @A_Ron_Hubbard If Leon kills Rodney, I'll be convinced its in Anwan Glover's rider. "Sure, I'll work with Method Man, but I better get to shoot him at some point."

Dummy
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    edited October 3
    So did Black Frankie get an HJ from a minor? Little unsettling how they are so matter of fact about that...