NBC - Manifest

Anyone else interested?

I hate that its on NBC, or any of the major networks bc I feel like the majority of entertainment on those networks are filled with agenda and brainwash

But the show doesssss sound interesting imo.

A full 737 plane goes missing over the ocean and one day they land Some 5 years later.

Of course each passenger has no idea of this time slip and is interviewed etc.

I havent watch the 1st ep yet, but itd be nice to get started with Bald move on a brand new show.

Comments

• I want to check this out, mainly because I used to be a sucker for these mystery box type shows, and a part of me still can't resist, even though rationally I know it probably won't live up to my expectations. Also I have a lot of free time and not that many shows to watch at the moment. I'm not too familiar with any of the actors or creators, but I'm willing to give it a couple of episodes to see if it's any good!
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I watched this last night. I thought the premise was intriguing, but it did remind me a bit of Lost (not complaining, but it’s not super original) in that you’ve got a plane full of passengers, and it just disappears off the radar to parts yet unknown, and the passengers re-emerge some years later.  Also, there is a little twist on numbers – the numbers 828 feature in different ways and tie together, just as both ‘the numbers’ and 815 did in Lost.  Also, these returning passengers are finding that they have some new abilities (I won’t say what, so as not to spoil anyone). All in all, I liked it for the most part but I am curious to see what they will do with the second episode and how they dive deeper into the mystery.
    Frakkin T
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Michelle said:
    I watched this last night. I thought the premise was intriguing, but it did remind me a bit of Lost (not complaining, but it’s not super original) in that you’ve got a plane full of passengers, and it just disappears off the radar to parts yet unknown, and the passengers re-emerge some years later.  Also, there is a little twist on numbers – the numbers 828 feature in different ways and tie together, just as both ‘the numbers’ and 815 did in Lost.  Also, these returning passengers are finding that they have some new abilities (I won’t say what, so as not to spoil anyone). All in all, I liked it for the most part but I am curious to see what they will do with the second episode and how they dive deeper into the mystery.
    I was wondering if you were interested in this, @Michelle --I might check out the first episode but the networks stopped trying mystery box shows after the first dozen Lost clones failed. I don't expect NBC will support this show through enough to keep a savvy fan interested. 
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Frakkin T said:
    Michelle said:
    I was wondering if you were interested in this, @Michelle --I might check out the first episode but the networks stopped trying mystery box shows after the first dozen Lost clones failed. I don't expect NBC will support this show through enough to keep a savvy fan interested. 
    Funny, I was also thinking of the other big supporters of Lost here and if they watched it/what they thought.   I'm really interested to see what they'll do with the second episode to move the mystery forward.  Have you watched it yet?

On the topic of the Lost clones, did you ever watch The River on ABC?  It was maybe the only one I was really into, but it was cancelled. :confused:
  • I gave in and watched the first episode since some people at work were praising it like crazy. 

The acting was kind of meh but it was interesting. I’ll definitely check another episode. 
    Michelle