Comments

• Not that it was ever great....season 4 greatness is good though.
  • Believe it when I see it....
    telephoneofmadnessNervousRhino
  • One of their biggest mistakes was nerfing the fast Darabont zombies that could climb over fences, etc.. Like, when Shane and Otis were trying to escape the school there was real tension, because spraining your ankle or carrying a heavy bag was basically a death sentence. Or Rick and Glenn being chased through the streets in S01E02 -- so tense!
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I’m not falling for that again.
    telephoneofmadnessNervousRhinoFlukeshisdudeness915Kurtblacksunrise7
  • Nobody's actually buying this, right?  They've seen the first 3 episodes and say that the show seems to be acting like it's not losing its 2 most important characters in just 3 more.  That sounds like the Walking Dead I know.  They say that the show got a new showrunner but that the man who ran it into the ground for the past 5 years has been promoted to overseeing the entire Walking Dead universe.  That sounds like The Walking Dead I know.
    KingKobratelephoneofmadnessMattyWeavesDummyDoubleA_RonAnominalDuckofdoomFlukesKurt
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    The author’s bread n butter over the last 2+ years has been writing a steady stream of puff pieces for TWD.  Stick a knife in the temple of this show cause it’s dunzo. 
    telephoneofmadnessDummy
  • They’re bringing Shane and Glenn back
  • This show is a meta analysis not of the apocalypse that we see in movies and on tv, but the real life apocalypse that we always hear about from conspiracy theorists (CT)

The CT apocalypse is always just about to really take off....like TWD

The CT apocalypse is always just about to get crazy good and exciting...like TWD

The CT apocalypse is full of empty praise and broken dreams of a new and better world...like TWD

The CT apocalypse is going to take down our terrible class of rich leaders like Trump but instead they promote him to president...like Scott Gimple 

And finally the CT apocalypse started years ago with fans and followers in the millions and millions and has now dwindled to a few nut jobs who just can’t let it go promising that “this is the year it’s all gonna happen”...just like...well you get the picture

This is the TWD ends, this is the way TWD ends, this is the way TWD ends, not with an apocalypse, but with a fart (a silent and not even deadly one at that)
    DeeMattyWeavesAlkaid13blacksunrise7
  • KingKobra said:
    Believe it when I see it....
    Are you going to give it a shot or nah? 
  • KingKobra said:
    Believe it when I see it....
    Are you going to give it a shot or nah? 
    I didn’t stop watching last year. I’ll at least stick it out for the couple of major deaths this season. I have friends that watch the show religiously and haven’t balked at any of the moves yet. 
  • Yeah I’ve been back and forth but I guess I’ll go ahead and watch it since there isn’t anything else on Sunday’s atm and some of my friends
    and family want to keep watching it together. 

I’m not interested but eh what the hell maybe a new showrunner can somehow make this show tolerable. 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    I still watch. It's not great or maybe even good but as something to background watch, it works.
  • From the very beginning I said the story would be over (for me) when they wrote Rick off the show. So I'll stick it out until that happens. I really don't see any reason to continue after that. It's always been Rick's story - it began with him, and it will end with him. They can keep going after he's gone but then it's just some other story. That wouldn't have had to be the case if they hadn't killed Carl, but there ya' go.
  • color me veeeeeeeeeeeeeery skeptical
    Flukes
  • Trololol gotta make those click bucks somehow eh Indiewire?

On a more serious note the first few episodes of this half season might actually be good and it still wouldn’t matter because I know that the rest of the show will never keep it up, at the end of the day it’ll still be the same garbage show it’s always been for the past few seasons and a few good episodes won’t change that. Even most of TWD subreddit doesn’t buy this bullshit anymore and that’s supposed to be the most positive place on the internet for this fandom.

AMC has burned too many bridges to get back what they’ve lost, at this point it probably doesn’t even matter if TWD has an amazing season because who the fuck is going to watch it and who the fuck is going to believe the people who do watch it? They’re losing main cast members like flies and all the perfect writing in the universe can’t save this show from hack executives who consistently undermined any effort to make the show better in the name of preservering their dwindling profits. It’s no longer about the show getting better because it’s too late, this show has finally become the emblematic representation of its themes and the only thing left now is to wonder when someone will have the decency to put it out of its rotting, stinking, misery. 
    djcaudle01
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited October 3
    FTWD did a reasonable job in the 2nd half of this last season of stringing together several good-ish episodes. Of course that lead up to several WTF/Why TF is this happening moments that derailed everything, and the first half of the season I didn't think was good. 

Not sure what my point is other than they should be able to have some good episodes in there if by nothing other than dumb luck. 
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    redlancer said:
    FTWD did a reasonable job in the 2nd half of this last season of stringing together several good-ish episodes. Of course that lead up to several WTF/Why TF is this happening moments that derailed everything, and the first half of the season I didn't think was good. 

Not sure what my point is other than they should be able to have some good episodes in there if by nothing other than dumb luck. 
    Fear at least developed John Dorrie who is a decent new character that is interesting, fun to watch and I didn't want to see get eaten like most of the other WD or FTWD characters. 
  • What was the point of Fear? I thought it was supposed to be a short spin-off showing how society collapsed at the beginning of the outbreak. Instead, they time-jumped past all that and just turned it into another TWD in a different location, even bringing Morgan over from TWD to link the two shows. They should have either used Fear to reboot the franchise, or ended Fear after 1--2 seasons and rebooted with a third show. It's really weird how they keep doubling down on their bad decisions.
    blacksunrise7