Need recommendations- Mildly entertaining- Netflix, Hulu, YouTube or Amazon!

edited October 6 in Other TV
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Ozark (Netflix)
    Godless (Netflix - I loved this series)
    Harlots (Hulu - love this one also)

KingKobra
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    If you haven't seen Mad Men or even if you have I just did a rewatch of the entire series on Netflix
    Halt and Catch Fire (netflix)
    The British series Luther starring Idris Elba is really good. (netflix)
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I know this is a food show, but I think Nailed It (netflix) might fit the bill. It's entertaining but not engrossing.

• Michelle said:
    Ozark (Netflix)
    Godless (Netflix - I loved this series)
    Harlots (Hulu - love this one also)

I second Ozark but it may get too exciting ;) 

Here are some that can be background watched:
    The 100
    The 4400
    The Last Kingdom
    Broadchurch
    Joel McHale show (it’s Talk Soup on NetFlix) Shameless
    The Magicians
    Continuum

• edited October 2
    Too bad you don't have HBO.  I just binged 3 seasons of The Leftovers and it was a nice, light-hearted show - definitely no heavy concepts which will have you questioning the meaning of life and your very existence . . .

In all seriousness, I'll be watching this thread for some suggestions to balance out my soul after watching that show!
    Flukes
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Do you have Last Tango In Halifax on any of those? It’s a show about an old couple who dated as teenagers and then meet up again. It’s not as twee as it sounds and it has some great actors in it (Derek Jacobi, Nicola Walker, Sarah Lancashire from Happy Valley). And there’s a few seasons so it would keep you occupied for a while. 

Otherwise, Call The Midwife if you want to ugly cry through every episode. 
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited October 3
    A Top Chef retrospective?  

Longmire

Star Trek TOS/TNG/DS9 

KingKobra
  • I just got caught up on Wrecked from TBS on YoutubeTV, but looks like it streams on most platforms. 

If you're looking for something light and fun but still adult oriented it's quite a hoot. Essentially a parody of Lost but has quite a few laugh-out-loud moments. Plot moves along quick and you can tell the actors are having fun with it.
  • @KingKobra
    Thanks for your The 100 recommendation. I've watched the first season and it's perfect for what I needed. If I paid too close attention or thought too much about it, I would probably pick it apart, but it's very entertaining when paired with knitting, haha
    Glad it worked out for you :) the CW shows tend to all be that same type (pay too close attention and it will drive you mad). I gave up on most of the DV shows but they have a stable that might fit the bill (once you get used to the repetition of events/action). Easy to have on in the background (IMO).