• MichelleMichelle California
    Yes, yes it could be.

Cecilycdrivexulsolar22cathyElisa
    One more.  I'm so loving this episode title.  lol

CecilycdriveElisaalina_mac
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @Michelle
    so excite! get hype!  I’ve been anticipating this evening all damn day! 
    MichelleElisa
  • xulsolar22xulsolar22 Houston, TX
    I really just have to say the Hebraization of Leatherman/Rubberman, as ARon and Cecily now call the rubber suit AHS guy, is the best thing since they started calling all of Denis O’Hare’s AHS characters, no matter what season, Russell Etchington.
    Michellecdrivestargaryen333A_Ron_Hubbardalina_mac
  • Nice little GoT nod. 
    stargaryen333
    edited October 4
    Watching live on the FX website so that I can see it early.  @KingKobra, I must have missed the GoT nod. What was it?
    Love the Hotel tie-in!
    xulsolar22Elisa
  • Michelle said:
    Watching live on the FX website so that I can see it early.  @KingKobra, I must have missed the GoT nod. What was it?  

And also, apparently Kathy Bots wasn’t given Constance’s memories.  She must have been just someone close to him?  They need to explain this further.
    It was a reference to Fire and Ice being the end of the world. Also BD Wong is in the mother trucking housseeee. 
    Michellexulsolar22Elisaalina_macNervousRhino
    edited October 5
    Any speculation as to what the building was that stood above ground, above the Outpost?  It can’t be the murder house, there’s no streets/sidewalks/neighboring homes.  Was it the Roanoke house?  Do we for sure know what state the Outpost is in?

Edit:  Portishead!  :heart:
    KingKobrastargaryen333xulsolar22Elisa
    Were those Twisty the Clown heads at each end of the chain that Michael was wearing in that final scene??????
  • Michelle said:
    Were those Twisty the Clown heads at each end of the chain that Michael was wearing in that final scene??????
    They looked like Devil/Demon heads when I went back and rewatched that scene. 
    Michelle
    KingKobra said:
    Michelle said:
    I wish they were Twisty heads!  He freaks me out but that would have been a cool nod to Freak Show.
    KingKobra
  • Loved this episode. I guess I’m all in for the craziness since almost everything seems to work for me. We still don’t know who Kathy Bots is, although it still a possible that it’s Constance (ride it until they say differently). We do see more of her, but Michael never mentions her name. 

Michael’s entrance into hell kind of reminded me of when the Devil showed up in Constantine (focused on shoes). Im with @Michelle in really liking the Hotel tie in. I guess EP gets to play more than 2 characters this year. 

Really liekd the scenes with the Warlocks and the power struggle they are having with the Coven. It seems that their hubris might have been their weakness. The Warlocks obviously fell somehow (or maybe some are in service of Michael) which is why the safehouse is being used as a shelter now. It would be a shame to have BD Wong for such a short period though. 

This for sure set up the second act being the Coven (and possibly remaining Warlocks) vs Michael. He’s already proven to be more powerful than them and there are at least two who could easily defect. 

This is episode went by really quickly for me, that usually doesn’t happen with this show. 

Michellestargaryen333Elisaalina_macNervousRhino
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Portishead at the end with the slomo shashaying in all that fancy black leathah and threads was doooope.  

KingKobraMichelleElisaalina_mac
    edited October 4
    cdrive said:
    Portishead at the end with the slomo shashaying in all that fancy black leathah and threads was doooope.  

Best part of the episode!  :star:
    Elisa
  • Michelle said:
    Any speculation as to what the building was that stood above ground, above the Outpost?  It can’t be the murder house, there’s no streets/sidewalks/neighboring homes.  Was it the Roanoke house?  Do we for sure know what state the Outpost is in?
    Btw, this department store is definitely Bed Bath & Beyond.  Their blue vests & towel wall looked exactly like that.  I have hours of towel folding hell logged with that wall in their Pleasant Hill store.  :neutral:

Edit:  Portishead!  :heart:
    I think they are still west of the Mississippi. They didn’t fly very long when they left LA and it seems this may be close to there for them to do The Cortez trip quickly. I’m not sure now it’s one we’d know since the Warlocks seem to have started it. 
    Michelle
    I think we need to go back and see who was featured in the paintings on the walls.  Were they just nobodies?  Or maybe people we’d recognize.
  • Michelle said:
    I think we need to go back and see who was featured in the paintings on the walls.  Were they just nobodies?  Or maybe people we’d recognize.
    Or to see if things changed between when Michael and the “cooperative” took over from The Warlocks. 
    MichelleElisa
  • edited October 4
    OK first reactions, first viewing ... Witches AND Warlocks vs Evil??!!?? THANK YOU RYAN Murphy (and all the other writers). 

(I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass in another couple episodes when shit really starts to go chaotically WTF? ) 

So Kathy Botts wasn't the demonspawn-sitter OR Grandmama...

Madison is a mole... Queenie realizes what's up and ... Dies for real? 

Mallory is an Angel... The one "witch" who can stand up to Michael, as long as she doesn't "fall" ... Like Lucifer did... 

Lots of "men vs women" / "feminism vs patriarchism" in the season... Cordelia made the wrong choice when she arbitrarily decided Michael shouldn't be tested... Then they all - Witches and Warlocks - would have realized what they are up against.

In the end, polarized views won't make anything "great again"... Coming together is what we need to do.

Loving this season thus far.
    MichelleElisaalina_mac
    I love how there’s an AHS creator (or 2 or 3) out there who also thinks the store Ross is one of the dimensions of hell.  The long checkout lines, the sad grey carts, and terrible lighting...  That pan across the line through the store - yeah, I knew exactly where they were at. 
    stargaryen333KingKobraMichelleElisa
    Michelle said:
    YUS!  I feel like one was Edward Mordrake!
    Michelle
  • I’m loving this layer of wanting power so badly that folks will back the literal son of satan. It feels so sage and timely. 

Okay okay  they don’t know his identity but they sense there’s something dangerous or evil and still want to assend him. 

Hmmm. 
    Elisaalina_mac
  • Ok, so I'm really glad the whole Kathy Bots is Constance Langdon thing is dead. I hated that theory. It made zero sense whatsoever to cast Kathy Bates as a character based off of Jessica Lange. As a side note, what do we think the possibility is that Michael actually killed Constance? He does say that Kathy Bots is the one person who never betrayed him and we also know Jessica Lange is only supposed to be in like one episode.  

Also, it'll be interesting to see what Mallory is. Michael seemed really freaked out by her last episode. The leading theories on the AHS subreddit seem to be that she is either a direct descendent of Scathach, who is confirmed to be the original Supreme, or that she is some sort of angel or Nephilim, which could be an interesting contrast to Michael. 
    alina_mac
  • I have to say that Instant Take May be the instant take of all instant take podcasts. 
    MichelleA_Ron_Hubbardmostlywright
    edited October 5
    I love how there’s an AHS creator (or 2 or 3) out there who also thinks the store Ross is one of the dimensions of hell.  The long checkout lines, the sad grey carts, and terrible lighting...  That pan across the line through the store - yeah, I knew exactly where they were at. 
    Yeah, I have to withdraw my claim that it's Bed Bath & Beyond.  I just realized that the store had clothes racks.  I think it's just supposed to be some hellish retail store, which having worked retail, BEEN THERE!  lol  
    KingKobra said:
    Michelle said:
    I decided to screen shot, zoom in, and then screen shot *that*.  It’s a bit blurry, but here it is:

alina_mac
    Btw, we missed a definite Freak Show mention!  In the beginning at the warlock academy with the boys, the one who was tardy was warned that he could always “join the Magic Castle and do card tricks with Neil Patrick Harris”.
    rickfurd23alina_mac
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Michelle said:
    KingKobra said:
    Michelle said:
    I decided to screen shot, zoom in, and then screen shot *that*.  It’s a bit blurry, but here it is:

Medusa? That would tie in with how snakey things have been...
    Michelle
    Michelle said:

Medusa? That would tie in with how snakey things have been...
    Now that would be interesting!

To me it looks like a cross between a demon and an evil court jester.
  • ARon asked why the Devil would want to kill everyone, I think the “obvious” answer is souls ;)