901 - A New Beginning

Seems weird the guys aren't covering it.

I think the show sucks but I'm still going to watch it.
russkellyTaraC73SlayJay17MichelleDanijleav382

Comments

• very appropriate title considering no coverage. going to continue watching until XXX leaves and then will decide to stay on if its good(doubtful)
    TaraC73
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Full disclosure...I gave up after about 10 minutes.  Watching the Texans/Cowboys.

I'll watch it later.  

Fuller disclosure...if the guys were doing a podcast, I'd be watching it now.  Makes me realize it was more like a job so I could enjoy the BM 'cast.
    laceyjohnsonFlukes
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    Gregory being alive and well is infuriating.
    TaraC73Michelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    DrKen said:
    Full disclosure...I gave up after about 10 minutes.  Watching the Texans/Cowboys.

I'll watch it later.  

Fuller disclosure...if the guys were doing a podcast, I'd be watching it now.  Makes me realize it was more like a job so I could enjoy the BM 'cast.
    Full disclosure I’m watching Cowboys Texans too. I forgot to cancel my AMC premiere so we watched it last night but I don’t remember much. It was meh as you’d imagine. 
    TaraC73
    I'm not an axman or whatever, but the position of that ax on rick's belt is, well, fucking ridiculous.
    TaraC73
    edited October 8
    They couldn't even give us a straight satisfactory Gregory death. This fucking show...

TaraC73
  • I’ll watch it after the game. I’ve given it 8 seasons so prolly watch til the end. Don’t really have much non on demand shows going atm.
    TaraC73
  • Was it just me, or was it kinda...  boring?

I actually ffwd through a good chunk of it. Don't season premieres usually have a bit more excitement?
    rustywright4
  • At least they finally killed Gregaory after giving him chances and him costing lives. It was about the only real positive thing I remember from the episode. 
    MichelleNervousRhino
  • This guy says about everything I'd want to say 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited October 8
    Brett Butler plays a great redneck.

Full disclosure, I was on the edge of my seat when they were trying to get the wagon across the glass floor.  And I totally thought Ezekiel would be bitten.
    NervousRhinorusskellyTaraC73
  • The Variety recap lol. What a crock of shit

>Angela Kang came in with a bang in her first outing as the showrunner for “The Walking Dead.”

>The Season 9 premiere was an impressive mix of action, horror, comedy, and genuine emotion, hearkening back to some of the best episodes in the show’s history.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walking-dead-season-9-premiere-recap-spoilers-1202969494/

• It wasn’t great but I did like that they gave the characters dialog and they put some effort towards showing some of the challenges of a post apocalyptic world. The making corn fuel was excellent and using horses instead of everyone driving everywhere. It was dumb that the horses couldn’t pull the wagon out of the mud but the people could though. Also why don’t they just move those people out of the sanctuary and split them up between the other communities. They can’t support themselves in that location obviously.
    NervousRhinojtmy92GruffyWinters
  • Ehh ok...ok...  I see some signs of improvement. I’ll take it. 
    russkellyjtmy92MichelleTaraC73
  • I quite liked it - The tone, style, dialog and editing seemed different - in a good way.
    It's good to see people talking to each other. And Daryl did more talking than the last two 
    seasons combined.

russkellyNervousRhinoMichelleGruffyWintersNino
  • It was a fine episode. Better than we have got recently. Also hanging Gregory was a great way to kill him. Not sure why anyone thinks they stuffed that up 
    russkellyrhcoopNervousRhinoMichelle
    Hatorian said:
    It was a fine episode. Better than we have got recently. Also hanging Gregory was a great way to kill him. Not sure why anyone thinks they stuffed that up 
    It was the kid thing that pissed me off. Also, Maggie's "I don't want to do this" talk. It's the tiring walking dead "finding jesus" moment that happens every five minutes. There was no need to question whether or not to kill Gregory.
  • @russkelly  I agree but now there’s probably going to be some drama on why it was ok to kill Gregory for attempting to kill someone but not kill Negan when he murdered many, many people.  

I think that Michonne has the right idea on organizing a sort of constitution. 
    russkelly
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    That's what THEY would do. And we ain't them! And they ain't us!
    MichelleNervousRhinoLordByTaraC73telephoneofmadnesscdriveFlukes
    That's what THEY would do. And we ain't them! And they ain't us!
    This is the world we LIVE in now!  This is how the world IS!
    NervousRhinoMurderbearLordByTaraC73telephoneofmadnesscdriveFlukes
  • jtmy92jtmy92 Independence, MO
    I thought the episode was ok, which is more than I can say for the majority of recent episodes. I too am kind of interested in them tackling the challenges of supporting society in a post apocalyptic world. That's much more interesting to me than another annoying group they have to defeat (although I'm sure that's coming). 
    I actually enjoyed the episode (gasp!  Clutch the pearls!)  I was ready to call some bs when 45 minutes in, we hadn’t heard mention of or seen Maggie’s baby, but then there little Herschel was in all his cuteness.

I can see the difference in storytelling and direction between Gimple and Angela Kang.  They’ve said the show is returning to the style and feel of the older, first few seasons and it did seem like it to me.  I think I’m all in on the season but we’ll see how it progresses.
    TaraC73Kela15
  • edited October 8
    Hatorian said:
    It was a fine episode. Better than we have got recently. Also hanging Gregory was a great way to kill him. Not sure why anyone thinks they stuffed that up 
    It was almost like "oh, and we're throwing this timewaster out, too! (you're welcome.)"*

After a few minutes of realizing The Doctor wasn't going to appear (long tv day...) it really felt like I was watching something new. After many a Sunday evening of sheer misery, this was a nice revisit. 

(Fun Talking Dead, as well.)

Really missing the podcast.

(*edit: not calling other now-dead characters 'timewasters;' I meant it as storyline.)
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited October 8
    Weeks TWD has not collapsed into a garbage fire: 1

I will in fact be keeping track of this. 
    DoubleA_RonGruffyWintersTaraC73NervousRhino
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    @iMatty94 what’s the name of the podcast so I can find it?
    GruffyWinters
  • TaraC73 said:
    @iMatty94 what’s the name of the podcast so I can find it?
    The walking dead UK 

Or search entertainment talk 

Why couldn't you find it? 

• https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/09/walking-dead-season-9-premiere-ratings/

And they’re down to 6.1 million viewers. For the season premier. Down almost 50% from last season’s premier.

Even if they are beginning to start to maybe correct some of the problems, you can’t just take a dump on your audience for 3+ years, while lecturing them about how they they would see that the steaming pile of shit is really creme brûlée if they’d just look at it the right way, and not expect some consequences.

They sure saved some money when the gravy train was really rolling though, didn’t they? Aren’t they clever.
    iMatty94telephoneofmadness