AT&T's WarnerMedia plans to launch new streaming service in late 2019

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/10/media/att-warnermedia-streaming-service/index.html

'The product will build on the success of HBO Now, which streams live and on-demand HBO programming through apps and smart TVs. 
"Our service will start with HBO and the genre defining programming that viewers crave. On top of that we will package content from Turner and Warner Bros. with their deep brand connections that touch both diverse interests and mass audiences," Stankey said in an internal memo.'

Their service is scheduled to launch next summer.   Another streaming service...

Comments

• If they do it as an expansion of HBO Now instead of a separate service it wouldn’t be as bad.

I’d wager they go that route, but not make it optional and jack the price up a bit with this as justification. That would be annoying as those who want to pay for Deadwood, The Wire, GoT, etc, don’t necessarily want to pay more for ER reruns and The Big Bang Theory.
  • LordBy said:
    If they do it as an expansion of HBO Now instead of a separate service it wouldn’t be as bad.

I’d wager they go that route, but not make it optional and jack the price up a bit with this as justification. That would be annoying as those who want to pay for Deadwood, The Wire, GoT, etc, don’t necessarily want to pay more for ER reruns and The Big Bang Theory.

Did you really just lump ER in with The Big Bang Theory?

aki
  • I liked the first couple of seasons of ER.   Haven't seen the show in a long time, but I liked it enough to buy season 1 & 2 on  DVD when it came out.