805 - Boy Wonder

Director: Gwyneth Horder-Payton
Writer: John J. Gray 
Michelle

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    The return of the silent movie, Stevie mf'ing Nicks, and the Murder House all in one episode?  *passes out*

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.  Cordelia getting ripped apart by walkers in the cold open was gruesome.  All in all this really felt like I was watching another season 3 episode, right back to Coven and I loved it.  Next week is the return of one Queen Jessica of House Lange and I am SO HERE FOR IT.

Now - a little quibble - wouldn't Cheyenne Jackson have been able to sense that something was awry at the gas station when Kathy Bates acted like she couldn't pump her own gas?  I mean, you look at the woman and not being able to pump gas isn't something you'd associate with her.  I'd have thought she could pump her gas *and* my gas, change my oil, change my plugs *and* give me a tune up all in the time it takes to write this comment.  Also, he's a warlock.  Doesn't he have some kind of ability to read minds, see into the future, *something*?  It just seemed like the scene was thrown in just as a way to easily and conveniently get rid of Cheyenne Jackson.  I mean, really?  
    gguenotcdriveElisa
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I laughed so hard when BD Wong was playing Gypsie on piano and then he looked up all slow n sly with that smile.  They had to move some plot in this episode but it was still so fun.  
    Elisa
  • Jamie91Jamie91 Pennsylvania
    edited October 11
    I enjoyed this one a ton...  I must say. I do not think Cheyenne Jackson is dead--one of the witches will revive him. Overall though, I love that the lines are being more clearly divided between Michael's camp and Cordelia's camp. It should make for a very fun showdown. My one criticism is the left-turn of Cordelia  outsmarting Langdon by "getting all her girls back together." That didn't really add up for me. However, I loved the episode. I'm super excited for Billy Porter and Emma Roberts to go on a field trip to Murder House. I love that this season is fun and mostly coherent...so far.

But one important thing, @Cecily and @A_Ron_Hubbard, you guys make a really fun podcast for AHS. I know you 've both made jokes before about more Bald Movers checking out this show than AHS fans checking out your podcast. I must admit I fall into the latter. I listen to about three AHS podcasts, and this one is my favorite. However, there is one crucial thing I must point out: the actress who plays Misty Day/ Sister Mary Eunice/ Shelby is Lily Rabe. The woman's name is pronounced the same way you would say the guy's name Gabe, except with a r. I've listened to past episodes and I just HAD to bring it to your attention. And this stuff matters, because you never know... a distant relative of hers might be listening to the podcast LOL. 
    Elisa
  • Misty Day coming back, and then Stevie Nicks??!  I loved this episode so, so, SO much!!!!
     :)  :) :)
    Elisa
  • Cecily puts smack down on A.Ron’s theory like Mike the Man-trout telling Kai to make his move...

(5 seconds of silence, we all be like, do it A.Ron, do it!!)

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited October 11
    For some reason this episode title got the "Small Wonder" theme song stuck in my head all morning but of course with "He's a boooooooy wonder" instead of she's a small wonder.  k. cool story bro.  

I loved the many versions of Misty Day.  Why don't I just go eat some Misty Hay, make things out of Misty Clay, Misty Lay by the Misty Bay? I just Misty May! What'd ya Misty Say?

Also A.Ron cosplay Myrtle totes needs to happen!  The mental image, man...

Unsettling.  Down a dark alley I'd turn right the fuck around!

TBINKANSASMichelleA_Ron_Hubbardhisdudeness915Elisaxulsolar22
  •  @Cecily and @A_Ron_Hubbard, perhaps you noticed that Cheyenne Jackson's car had a California license plate! That does seem to support the idea that the Warlock School/Outpost is indeed in California. Maybe somewhere in the middle of rural California, since Coca & Co. took an airplane to get there in the premier, but California nevertheless. That would make this the third season to take place (primarily) in that state.

However, you can definitely put to rest that the Outpost is located beneath the Murder House! We saw this episode that both structures existed simultaneously 4 years before the bomb.
    Michellecdrive
    Michelle said:
    Now - a little quibble - wouldn't Cheyenne Jackson have been able to sense that something was awry at the gas station when Kathy Bates acted like she couldn't pump her own gas?  I mean, you look at the woman and not being able to pump gas isn't something you'd associate with her.  I'd have thought she could pump her gas *and* my gas, change my oil, change my plugs *and* give me a tune up all in the time it takes to write this comment.  Also, he's a warlock.  Doesn't he have some kind of ability to read minds, see into the future, *something*?  It just seemed like the scene was thrown in just as a way to easily and conveniently get rid of Cheyenne Jackson.  I mean, really?  
    @A_Ron_Hubbard & @Cecily, there was *nothing* sexual about this - trust me.  :lol:
    A_Ron_HubbardCecily
    cdrive said:

House Snow.  "Bitch, we know a lil' suttin' suttin'... *wink* "  :wink: 
    cdriveCecily
  • What was with the weird silence? 
  • Who is this gino cecily is referring to ;)