American Horror Story rocket rewatch suggestions

Against all odds, cecily and @A_Ron_Hubbard cast for AHS has me interested in watching the season.  What, of seasons past, should i watch to catch up?

Personal hx with AHS.
I love horror and watched the first season pretty enthusiastically. However, it honestly made me uncomfortable - as solid horror can - particularly the ghost (?) in the body suit. I'm not usual squeamish but man the atmosphere of that season got under my skin. I may have watched a few episodes after, but I think season 1 was about it for me. So...

Suggestions?! 
End of last week's cast, Aron and Cecily suggested some tips but I'm asking forum for a more detailed crowd sourced eps list... What MUST I watch to catch up? What episodes from season one are the most narratively important to refresh the season without a full rewatch and THEN, what episodes from each anthology set up the biggest developments of their season and/or paid off (SO FAR) the biggest reveals, twists in this season. if it helps  i don't love body horror. NOTE: I already plan to watch Coven in full, as I live in nola and it was shot here - plus it has the most interesting premise to me.

Conclusion. 
Aside from Coven, what key eps do i need to catch up in the shortest time possible to this season? 

Thank you so much for any input (including, if appropriate, that this is not a realistic endeavor)!

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Watch seasons 1 and 3 if you want to be able to follow the history and storyline for the current season.  

Aside from that, all of the seasons are great (4 and 7 are my least favorites though.  Not a fan of clowns & circus stuff.)
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Season 2 is scary as f*** to me. I would try and squeeze it in after 3 and 1. But not necessary for the current season. I enjoy Murphy’s bizarre humor and satire so I enjoyed all of the seasons. But classic horror is definitely seasons 1-3. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I think the first half of season 2 is really good but then it gets pretty silly and peters out, as AHS can sometimes do. Coven is obviously my favorite, but I also really like freakshow because the "Freaks" themselves are very interesting and human, but the show kind of fucks up the social commentary on them in very True Blood sort of fashion. Hotel is a LOT of fun, because Evan Peters was kind of born to play a psychopathic old timey hotelier, Angela Bassett is stunning as an imortal Foxy Brown type, and Liz Taylor, my god. Peak Russell Edgington.

But if you've already got season 1 under your belt, Coven is a pretty easy watch. It's fun, it's genuinely scary in places, and it's probably one of the more coherent seasons in terms of world building and plot.

ElisaBhorten1
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Other than S1 and Coven there really isn't much to catch up on, you can watch any season without having seen anything else if you want and you're not going to get anything out of watching just a few episodes of any of them.  Coven and Asylum were my favorites but its going to vary depending on what you want to get out of the show. Hotel I thought was terrible outside of the She Wants Revenge song they played in one of the early episodes but people seem to really like that one. Roanoke is just bland which is a shame cause the premise and the setting are awesome and they barely did anything with it.