902 - The Bridge

2»

Comments

• Ironically it seems like their stunt of hyping up Andy Lincoln leaving has had a negative effect on the ratings as people no longer have a reason to watch. 
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe

Goddammit!
    Alkaid13telephoneofmadnessMurderbearNancylyn
  • Just wanted to drop by and say I'll be joining Jason on The Walking Dead 'Cast next week! 

http://www.walkingdeadcast.com/
    This is great news!  I really miss you guys' commentary on the episodes.  I feel like the show has gotten better, or at least enough for your guys to come back and have fun with it again.  However, I understand that you want to move on and use your creative energies and time on new projects.
  • man, that whole log zombie attack scene overall was some of the genuinely tense bits of TWD I've seen in recent memory. Very well done compared to many of the "zombie attack" sequences in the series.
  • I swear to Guy Ferrari if I come back to this stupid show only for it to suck again I’ll never forgive myself for watching it. 
    Kela15
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Alkaid13 said:
    I swear to Guy Ferrari if I come back to this stupid show only for it to suck again I’ll never forgive myself for watching it. 
    That's like moving to Seattle and saying "I swear, if it rains here ONE MORE TIME, I'm done!" You know it's coming. It's not if but when.
  • I'm actually kind of impressed with these first two, there's been very little bullshit and the editing seems decent too. So ironic that the season that Jim and Aaron bounce that they are actually exploring the most interesting things about this world, laws/rules/trade. 
    GruffyWinters
  • jleav382 said:
    I'm actually kind of impressed with these first two, there's been very little bullshit and the editing seems decent too. So ironic that the season that Jim and Aaron bounce that they are actually exploring the most interesting things about this world, laws/rules/trade. 
    Agreed, and my guess is that A.Ron might be down with it (guess we'll find out after his guest spot next week) but I think Jim was very done with the show a while ago.

Curious to see where they go with Michonnes idea around setting up a constitution or other similar laws. Seems like the kind of thing they would dive into, then just never mention it again and pretend like it never happened. 

• Just wanted to drop by and say I'll be joining Jason on The Walking Dead 'Cast next week! 

http://www.walkingdeadcast.com/
    Interesting, how come? 
  • hitmy said:
    saw it last night, quick takes:

• Obviously the missing sanctuary folk are rallying together to go guerrilla, or make some commando raid on Alexandria to rescue Negan. The long-haired "give me more water kid" guy is obviously gonna live, and is going to give us an introduction to this group next week or the week after 

Naaaah... my take is that somebody (Darryl?) has been playing judge, jury and executioner.
    Killing the saviors that misbehave.
  • It would be an interesting to development to have Darryl turn bad like that but since he’s ostensibly their main protagonist for the next however many seasons this show has left I doubt it. 
  • edited October 2018
    I still think it's pretty bad. I do agree that some of the topics are of more interest, building, trade, development of law, but the show still does a lot of things wrong. They're really pushing hard to manufacture tension.

Some scenes are just god awful. Remember that scene last week where that kid gets killed trying to let the horses loose? The one where everyone watched him run off and then watched him die to a handful of zombies that they quickly killed after he was dead? I mean seriously, our gang panics over a group of 20 zombies and lets a guy die because they didn't want to just clear out the zombies. Seems ridiculous. Especially when they clear out the zombies rather effortlessly after the guy gets bit and half of them are trying to help cut off his arm. 

I wouldn't call it good by any stretch. 

• I think the few dumb scenes are far outweighed by the other changes. We're getting lots of dialogue, character development, acknowledgment of the changes one runs up against in the zombie apocalypse. I love it. Honestly, way back in the beginning (season one) i quit watching because i thought the characters made stupid decisions and were generally idiots.  Later I heard good things about season 4 so i started binging until i was caught up (I started listening to Bald Move at that same time) and the character develoment was what kept me interested. In 7 and 8 they stopped any sort of character development and the whole thing was just idiocy again. Having people talking to each other again is such a breath of fresh air...i just can't tell you how happy it makes me. 
  • I agree the most interesting parts are them investigating the city and moving away from the woods. So tired of The woods scenes. It’s been like that since season 4. It was Super cool to see them walking through DC. 
    GruffyWinters
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Ironically it seems like their stunt of hyping up Andy Lincoln leaving has had a negative effect on the ratings as people no longer have a reason to watch. 

It would figure that they actually figure out a way to salvage this show and make it watchable again and then it gets cancelled after season 9 because ratings.

So - Darryl and Aaron are going to be a thing, right? Or just really really good buds? 
    Kela15
  • I really miss your commentary every week. Even when you kinda hated on it. Wish you woulda stuck it out. 
    GruffyWinters