DC/Warner's Wonder Woman Will Be Developed and Directed by Michelle Maclaren.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/michelle-maclaren-signs-develop-direct-752055
According to insiders, MacLaren will work with the project’s writers, which remain unnamed at this stage, to lasso together a script for the project, which would star Gal Gadot. Gadot will make her debut as the heroine in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
On one hand, DC's movies haven't really had a great track record. On the other, it's fucking Michelle Maclaren. So... IN, I guess.

Comments

• hypergenesbhypergenesb Atlanta
    edited November 2014
    I couldn't care less about Woman Woman, but Maclaren will get my $$ every time. Hells yeah!
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    I just heard about this today. OH FUCK YES.
  • @hypergenesb‌ @aberry89‌ I like Wonder Woman. :) I don't typically enjoy DC movies. Batman movies don't hold up well for me, and Man of Steel was BAD (imo.)

I do have faith in Michelle Maclaren though! :smiley: :
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Very interesting. I wonder what budget they're giving her?
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Shortly before interest in MacLaren surfaced, Lexi Alexander made some interesting comments about why she would not want the pressure of directing this movie.

"Imagine the weight on my shoulders,” she told Fast Company. “How many male superhero movies fail? So now, we finally get Wonder Woman with a female director; imagine if it fails. And you have no control over marketing, over budget. So without any control, you carry the f—ing weight of gender equality for both characters and women directors. No way...I don’t see at this point why anyone would say yes. There is huge pressure…. If [a female director] does fail, then all of a sudden it’s ‘All women suck at directing.’”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-why-lexi-alexander-748147
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    Yikes, yeah, I cannot imagine the pressure. A lot of things have to go perfectly for a movie to be great, not just a director, I hate when Hollywood, the place that makes movies, forgets that! As long as the movie is NOTHING like that horrid show that came out. I want Wonder Woman to be a strong "character" not a just a strong "woman."
    Yeah, she's fairly brave to take the task on, because even though super hero movies come out and fail all the time, the narrative on this one would be "see? No one wants to see a female superhero movie".
  • edited November 2014
    I hope this thing is good so bad.
  • I don't know that it's bravery A.Ron. More likely it's a very good payday, and a chance to flex her skills on biggest international film stage there is: superhero movies. She'd be a fool to pass it up.
  • Mike SnowMike Snow Portland, ME
    I guess if anyone can do it, it's Michelle Macleran.
    In general I think it's brave when women try any high profile thing. Look at the shit so many women get when they do, specifically in television, in video games, in movies. Like, I don't know if I could keep podcasting if 20-30% of my feedback was "OMG, you're a worthless waste of oxygen plz kill yourself." I'm certainly glad there are strong people with thick skins or else society would never change or move forward.