First Man - Has anyone seen it? Is it possible it will be a First Run Bald Movie? Made for A-Ron!

I took my 11 year old son to see First Man this past Saturday, and really liked it.    With all of A-Ron's love of Space Exploration, I am surprised this didn't make the cut.    It was really like walking through a Time Portal back to the 60s Space Program.   I live (grew up) about 40 miles west of DC, so have hit the Air and Space Museum during the course of my life, and it has never been my favorite.    I am always shocked at how rickety and primitive that Era's Aerospace Machinery/Rockets etc are.     This movie gets that part of it, 100% right.   It also shows how 'simple' life was in the 60s....your house had a tv, phone, an oven and some horrendous wallpaper.   I was born in 1969, so didn't grow up in this era, but that life simplicity certainly made it to the 70s.    When I did grow up.       The movie is a really moving character study of Neal Armstrong (I had no idea about his personality), if it doesn't make you tear up at least 3 times, you may be a host/replicant.     It was really good, and I would love for this to get the Baldmove Treatment.    We saw an 11AM showing, and it had about 10 people in an RPX theater.   My son was the youngest person at 11 Years old, and at 48, I was the second youngest by about 20 years or so.    Two Reviews to juice my recco.

Comments

• The marketing on this movie was terrible. The preview that was in heavy rotation made it look like a completely stock suspenseful drama complete with characters yelling empty platitudes at each other. There's a freaking scene of a guy writing "MOON" on a chalkboard too. Jesus. 

90% on rotten tomatoes and yet it's 3rd in the box office on its opening week. When are people gonna learn that how you cut previews is freaking important! It completely turned me off to the movie. 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited October 16
    The trailer work in cinema has been particular poor lately I gotta say. I don’t know why people can’t just cut together a competent trailer these days without either misrepresenting the film or spoiling most major plot twists. Also I feel like I remember Aron and Jim mentioning something about this movie on a lunch or a first run cast once but I can’t be sure. 
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    I seem to remember them planning on making this a podcast movie until it came out at the same time as the sexier Bad Times.
  • I went in blind to this movie and loved it. It was a very viseral experience and watching in IMAX was definitely worthi t!

I sure hope they do it as bald movies!