806 - "Return to Murder House"

Directed by: Sarah "Misty" Paulson
Written by: maybe Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk? 

All that aside, how excited is everyone for this episode?  We are so excited.
hisdudeness915Michellecdrivealina_macElisa

Comments

• alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    Did anyone else feel like last week’s Stevie Nicks solo was like Family Guy throwing in a Conway twitty clip? I love that Jessica Lange is back - Yas Queen! - but hopefully no musical numbers in her one and only episode!
    djcaudle01
  • alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    The other black pope is Pepper the Pinhead!
    MichelleElisa
  • alina_mac said:
    Did anyone else feel like last week’s Stevie Nicks solo was like Family Guy throwing in a Conway twitty clip? I love that Jessica Lange is back - Yas Queen! - but hopefully no musical numbers in her one and only episode!
    but...but...but......IS THERE LIFE ON MARS ?!???!
    alina_mac
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Well, they did it.  They finally created a scene so horrific and sickening that it ties the Cricket disembowelment scene in the Roanoke season for most gruesome.   The whole scene with the satanists killing, then ripping the heart out of that girl - then Michael taking a bite of it -  made me wince and cover my mouth as I gasped and cringed.  I’m still a little nauseated just thinking about it. 

Aside from that though, despite the dialogue feeling very expositiony, I really liked this episode.  Loved being back at the Murder House with all of the season 1 main players.  And yaaaaassss, Queen Jessica! 

A_Ron_HubbardElisa
  • So in season one when Langdon was still in Vivian’s womb and with his other stillborn brother, Vivian’s doctor said that Langdon was the alpha of the womb and he was killing the smaller fetus, is it a coincidence that in season 8 they are hailing him to be the alpha. 
    gguenotElisa
  • Why is it that every time a TV witch needs blood for one of their rituals or spells, they always slice open the palm of their hand with a knife?? It seems like the least practical place to cut oneself if one needs their own blood for a spell. It's going to take a long time to heal, and in the meantime you would have very little use of your hand. In fact almost any other place on the body would cause less discomfort and inconvenience afterwards.

I can't tell you what a kick I got out of Dylan McDermott saying he had to go look out the window and cry while he masturbated. I'm willing to bet the actor never lived down that infamous scene from Season 1 so it's nice to see he's at least got a sense of humor about it.
    alina_macElisa
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited October 18
    The MH ghosts are probably lucky Michael left when he did. He wouldn't have been very far from systematically going through the house and soul-burning all of them, which we're assuming is likely a fate worse than death (aka the 'real' hell)

Even surprised the world's worst Seal & Klum got out relatively unscathed. As we know from the Hotel season, witch beats vampire, but ghost beats witch in the supernatural game of rock-paper-scissors  :)  .

alina_macElisa
  • In the last episode, Myrtle said that Mallory had healed that deer as if it had never been injured in the first place. Now we find out that Michael Langdon can “kill” ghosts. I am starting to get on board with the Mallory is an angel theory... 
    Elisa
  • Jamie91Jamie91 Pennsylvania
    edited October 19
    Can we break it down really simple and slow? We shall. This was the first episode I didn't immediately want to rewatch. This was a slog. A nostalgic, mildly amusing, and momentarily breathtaking slog. There was literally no action but one entropic, hopeless story of pain right after the other. So..much...pain. Save Moira, Tate and Violet. I guess that's fitful though since this is a story about evil's adolescence. This episode disturbed me in ways I never thought possible. It made me contemplate the nature of true evil. That. Fucking. Black. Mass. 

I mean the look of glee/ joy on their faces as they ripped that girl's heart out. I mean...shit. People doing evil, nefarious shit to other people is slowly becoming a slog for me. 

Sigh. Guys maybe I've always secretly always just watched it for SP and the hot shirtless men? Or maybe I don't like Murder House? But let's get back to the witch feud.
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Jessica Lange is a national treasure. I was expecting a cameo, like Mina Suvari, and instead we got some amazing scenes with Constance.

I really liked how we got closure on Murder House. I would expect we'll never see that house again.

I love this show, and this is quickly becoming a favorite season for me. I can't believe we're still in a giant flashback. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I've never seen a show spend multiple episodes in a row with a flashback.
    ElisaMichelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Michelle said:
    Well, they did it.  They finally created a scene so horrific and sickening that it ties the Cricket disembowelment scene in the Roanoke season for most gruesome.   The whole scene with the satanists killing, then ripping the heart out of that girl - then Michael taking a bite of it -  made me wince and cover my mouth as I gasped and cringed.  I’m still a little nauseated just thinking about it. 

Aside from that though, despite the dialogue feeling very expositiony, I really liked this episode.  Loved being back at the Murder House with all of the season 1 main players.  And yaaaaassss, Queen Jessica! 

Aw man I miss Cricket.  My favorite AHS character...I think it'd have to be a dance off between Cricket and Russel Edgington as Liz Taylor.

Speaking of Liz Taylor, I hope that Myrtle Snow & Liza Taylor sketch happens. And hopefully something has to be settled in the sketch by a round of Vampire Witch Ghost. *fingers crossed in West Side Witch sign*

My favorite seasons in order
    (about to be 8)

MichelleElisa
  • AnominalAnominal San Francisco Bay Area
    My first season was Season 2, without having seen it since it aired, it's my favorite season. I heard the hype around the show, and I heard 1 and 2 weren't connected. All I knew was that it was a horror show, and then when I watched it, the revelation hit me. "OH! This is why it's American Horror Story! It's every horror trope in modern American lore all mashed up into one! How great is this!"

I watched Season 1 and was disappointed that it stuck to just one thing. A haunted house. I watched Season 3 and stopped halfway, and didn't watch the show again until Hotel because I finally caved in to giving the show another chance because it's a baldmove show.

I was not impressed with Hotel, but I wanted to listen to the podcast. I accepted that Asylum was really going to be the only horror mashup season and accepted the others were going to be more focused, and simultaneously binged the older seasons. When I accepted that Coven was going to be bright and sunny and a competition, and not so much dreary, oppressive, and haunting... that it was basically just X-men... I thought it was a lot of fun and great entertainment. It's a good season.

I'm all caught up now.

My favorite "horror" seasons, are Asylum and Roanoke.

My favorite "fun" seasons are Coven and Freak Show.

Unimpressed with Murder House, but it's fine.

Dislike Hotel and Cult.

I'm liking Apocalypse quite a bit right now.
    MichelleElisa
    cdrive said:
    Aw man I miss Cricket.  My favorite AHS character...I think it'd have to be a dance off between Cricket and Russel Edgington as Liz Taylor.
    To me he'll always be Beverly Leslie from Will and Grace.  :grin:
    cdrive
    I saw a photo on Facebook of Tate with who the posting person said was his older brother.  Did I miss this in season 1?  Is this the cut scene I think I’ve heard about?  He appeared to be at least a few years older than Tate, had light blonde hair styled very 20s-era, and was wearing a brown fur coat & a strand of pearls.  I searched YouTube and couldn’t find anything.