Bad Times at the El Royale

Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
edited October 18 in Movies
I enjoyed this film quite a bit. It is over long and the "chase the McGuff" story could have been deeper, but the sense of style, world building and overall direction and production design make it worth it.

The El Royale, half in California half in Nevada, is based on a real place: the Cal-Neva Lodge in north Lake Tahoe. Used to visit it with my folks and actually spent the night there in the 90s.

A_Ron_Hubbard

Comments

• Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Doh...double cutnpastery and now I can't edit for some reason :)
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    What hotel or lodge is the El Royale based on in real life, and where might that be located?
    RyanReesemanmylifeaskirkNatter Cast
  • I really enjoyed it too. It is too long by a good bit. I think you could cut this thing to a real strong 85 minutes, but the last act is just a ton of fun and exactly what I wanted out of it. 

It’s all very purgatorial- wayward souls meeting at a place between heaven and hell sort of thing, and I’m always a fan of when one moment acts as a centerpiece for a bunch of different perspective shifts. Really fun.
    Natter Cast
    What hotel or lodge is the El Royale based on in real life, and where might that be located?
    My memory...isn't...what it used to be. I don't want you to think I'm being rude :)
    Ah ha! Found the sneaky edit button