Reigns: Game of Thrones

FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
Has anyone else played the new Reigns game? It's GoT-themed and I've really been digging it.

For those that aren't familiar, Reigns is a mobile game where you swipe left and right making decisions as the ruler of a kingdom. The decisions you make affect your influence/approval with various factions. The goal is to explore the options, adding cards (decision points and dialogues) to the deck while keeping the factions' approvals from getting too high or low. If things go too far out of balance, the ruler dies (in one of many creative ways) and you pick up again as your successor.

The Game of Thrones variant adds a neat wrinkle.. you can choose which character you want to sit the Iron Throne as each time. The individual reigns are imagined as visions Melisandre sees in the flames - not as succession like in the other games. They've done a great job of writing story lines for each option. I doubt that there are any real spoilers - but there are some intriguing possibilities explored.

For example:

If you unlock Arya, you start your rule by assassinating Cersei and taking her place on the Iron Throne.

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I picked this up as I had and enjoyed the first Reigns. (Though I do find the mechanics a tad bit frustrating, I can never really tell if the faction is going to approve or disapprove, which maybe is the point). I have yet to spend much time on the GoT version, I definitely will this weekend though. 
  • i picked it up on my iphone. havent had a chance to play it yet but im excited for it. i like strategy games but i also don't like super in depth strategy games. this seems right up my alley. 
    Flukes
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I managed to figure out one of the "endings" over the weekend. So far Daeny is the easiest ruler for me to string together a 50+ moon reign with. It turns out a fire-breathing dragon is the solution to a wide variety of problems.