903 - Warning Signs

Written by: Who Knows (Corey Reed)
Directed by: Who Cares (Dan Liu)

I see this show can’t even sustain a thread anymore.
Luckily enough I’ve decided to watch this episode because I hate myself and also because Aron decided to cover it so here you go. 

Also this is a full spoilers thread because if AMC doesn’t care about spoiling the fact that the main character of the show is dying then I don’t care about anything else. 
BrandonTheBard

Comments

• Jesus this show still can’t get good licensed music. 
  • I see poor man’s Christopher Walken is still around. 
  • Man you’re calling back to T-Dog?! You motherfuckers didn’t even give him a real name!
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited October 22
    Wow they’re really leaning hard on making Rick the Messiah of TWD right before they get rid of him. 
  • Walkey Talkey Man sounds a lot like Mark Hamil but there’s no way in hell they managed to get him. 
  • Why post if you're just gonna complain? How embarrassing it must be to live like that....
    Deek_Fasay
  • Well, that was a decent episode of TWD, I’d be impressed if I didn’t know it would all go to shit again in two episodes once Andy Lincoln is gone. 
    edited October 22
    Lol ok mister 4 comments total. I don’t see you making the threads. 
    DeebazjenstermichielterlouwmwspiakDemicFlukesTaraC73gjulleen
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Why post if you're just gonna complain? How embarrassing it must be to live like that....
    You must be new here.
    lengmomwspiakiMatty94mtron32FlukesTaraC73
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    This is such a great thread. Alkaid having a conversation with himself and then getting told off for it. 

MichellebazjenstermwspiakMurderbearAlkaid13Kela15DemicMattyWeavesPangsFlukesand 3 others.
  • It’s my curse, I come back to a decent episode and now there’s not even people who want to talk about it. 
    DeeTaraC73
  • AMC fucked around for so long with this show and it turns out all they needed to do was actually try and make a good show. Go figure. 
    GruffyWinters
  • Is it worth jumping back in?
    Michelle
    edited October 22
    I mean...ethically I don’t want to encourage people to watch TWD because I can’t in my wildest dreams imagine it will maintain this level for very long, but if you’ve invested this far I suppose it wouldn’t hurt you to watch “The End of Rick Grimes” as the marketing team likes to remind us at every opportunity. 
    TaraC73
  • MichelleMichelle California
    gguenot said:
    Is it worth jumping back in?
    Kinda, yeah.  I feel on one hand that some people are predisposed to hate watch the season with the expectation of getting another Gimple-style season, but on the other hand there has been some not-so-great stuff that’s been written in the past.  That said, I think Angela Kang is doing a pretty good job.  I feel like there is a noticeable difference for the better this season.  It’s not perfection and never will be, but I can say I’m interested again in the series.  
    gguenotGruffyWintersTaraC73
  • edited October 22
    I'm still in.
    A really  good ominous episode, basically a whodunit - and who the perps were was a big 
    surprise to me. And we got their backstory. We also got some Anne/Jadis backstory too.
    Good stuff. And hey..Who for a second thought that was Glenn riding with Maggie ?

I'm also beginning to think that maybe Maggie and Daryl are responsible for the big death thats coming.

MichelleTaraC73
  • That was some good storytelling right there. I liked it. Some questioned were asked and answered (Who's killing the Saviors? Who will follow Rick's new approach and who won't?), some new questions were asked (What do these helicopter folks need "A" people for? What will happen to Negan?), nobody did something inexplicably stupid, and the main story-line tied in well with the past of the characters involved.

More of this, please.
    MichelleTaraC73
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    Dare I say the first 3 episodes are some of the best of the series? Very low bar that they have to clear if you think about it.

the problem is they already killed their show w the Carl decision and now Rick. I don’t think they can come back from it

Did anyone notice AMC is going full Ryan Murphy when they talk about Ricks final episodes?
    TaraC73
  • I mean I know I like to hate on TWD, and rightfully so, but the fact they’ve managed to turn around from complete dumpster fire last season to three good episodes in a row is impressive enough that I’ll probably end up watching some more. The problem of course is that AMC has already made too many critical errors with the show, even if this entire half season is good it will never make up for the years of betraying the fan base and the flagrant loss of so many good actors, including the main protagonist. They can say  all they want that it’s better than ever, and maybe that’s even true, but losing Rick and Carl was an unforced error that’s probably going to prove to be fatal to the show’s longevity.
    edited October 22
    This entire franchise will soon be held together by Darryl and Michonne and odds are pretty good that Danai Guerrera isn’t going to stick around that much longer given her meteoric rise in the film industry lately. Which means they have to somehow sustain this show with Norman Reedus as the lead and as much as I like the guy, I’m just not buying it. TWD Season 10 starting Darryl Reedus could be the best season ever but they have to be always on point because if they ever have another string of terrible episodes they’ll lose their already dwindling audience, there’s just nothing to keep them anymore. 
  • Oh yeah
    Weeks in which TWD has not devolved into a total dumpster fire: 3
    NervousRhinoMichelle
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Dare I say the first 3 episodes are some of the best of the series?
    [...] three good episodes in a row [...]

These three episodes were sent to reviewers early, so they may be ringers.  If the next three maintain real forward momentum and don't become slow-motion talkfests, I'll be more willing to believe the show has changed for the better.

Really would like the show to be working well before the next bad guy from the comic shows up.  Unlike the Saviors, there's a couple seasons worth of good, tense storytelling possible with them.
    mwspiak
  • The actress that plays Cindy (sic) was on Talking Dead last night; towards the end of the show she thanked the fans "for hanging in" "the last couple of seasons"(with a sort of knowing nod to the audience.) It was the first time I've seen/heard any acknowledgement of any kind from cast or crew about the annusses horribilis. 
    And so of course they will revisit the museum, where Cindy will enter an exhibit room and immediately be crushed by a 2-ton petrified elephant.

I am really enjoying this season. It's not perfect but hey, when the show's over I don't immediately yell "dammit!' and for me, that's an A+ 
    I don't know that I ever thought I'd say I like the new Walking Dead shows more than the new Dr. Who shows (which I admire and respect so far but not quite enjoy.) We live in strange times.

-AND-
    I knew we'd see *spoiler*again. I had a feeling he/she/it would be involved with the thing and I always thought all that stuff that was just camouflage and I hope to hell this year we get to see for WHAT finally. And now that we know other things, it makes the "wtf???" between he/she/it and he/she/it make sense.
    (Hope that wasn't overly cryptic.)

MichelleAlkaid13Kela15
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I thought the episode was pretty good. Though after these first three, I don't want to hear anymore about how "the walkers aren't really a threat anymore" when they clearly are. The show wants us to believe that but almost every time they show up, the characters act like idiots who haven't been fighting them for two (?) years or so. Ep 1 we lost our old beloved pal Kenny, last week Aaron lost an arm because people lost their shit when they saw a few, this week with Cindy on the porch was laughable. Not a big deal, it's a zombie show, I guess you have to have them for tension sake but the longer the show goes on, it feels like the harder it is for them to sell these people not acting like killing zombies is the one thing they should be very good at doing.
    MichelleAlkaid13Kela15Pangs
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    Alkaid13 said:
    Wow they’re really leaning hard on making Rick the Messiah of TWD right before they get rid of him. 
    lol, yeah.  I started getting Dale vibes already

• -AND-
    I knew we'd see *spoiler*again. I had a feeling he/she/it would be involved with the thing and I always thought all that stuff that was just camouflage and I hope to hell this year we get to see for WHAT finally. And now that we know other things, it makes the "wtf???" between he/she/it and he/she/it make sense.
    (Hope that wasn't overly cryptic.)

Little meta-question: this is not supposed to be a spoiler-free thread, is it?
    It's going to be quite hard is we all have to write (and read) our comments like that.

@Alkaid13 : As the officially unofficial guardian of TWD-threads, please clarify.
  • I don’t think anyone actually cares about spoilers at this point so go ahead. 
    Pangs
    I've enjoyed it so far, it's been pretty good.
    Really wish the fellas were covering it, damn I miss those live watches
  • I was disappointed at the beginning. It seems like they are backsliding with the stupid decisions. Why wouldn't Maggie and Cindy wait for backup before going after the walkers at the cabin? There was no rush....they could have still had Cindy fall through the porch to keep the tension up. It didn't make sense. I liked the group working together to try to track down who was killing the saviors and i REALLY like the way they resolved it. It felt realistic and in tune with what i feel Daryl and Maggie would do (and they didn't stand around and morgalize the decision to death). Two things....I couldn't see what was happening in the pre-credits scene. It was so dark...what was going on? Also who wants to speculate on what that was that Michonne wiped off her arm. Was is blood? Is she sick?
    Murderbearmtron32Kela15Michelle