Halloween (2018)

WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
first off, did the guys watch it?

second, what did the community think? I had a blast. Wouldn’t say it was that scary but more of a thriller. Definitely was nice to bring back those Halloween vibes. The score was fantastic. Couldn’t have been a better pick for this month.

Comments

• I loved this film. The best since Carpenter’s original. I definitely got scared several times.
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I thought it was okay, not bad but not great either. I really loved Jamie Lee Curtis in the Linda Hamilton T2 vibe though. Without her talent and connections to the original it would have felt like a straight up direct to video sequel IMO.
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    I thought it was very good but was a little disappointed they didn't show a bit more restraint with the kills.  A big reason the first movie worked as well as it did and is still regarded as the pinnacle of the genre is how matter of fact and to point the kills are. I was hoping they'd go back to that since it was throwing away everything that happened after the first movie. Instead, a lot of the kills were overly gruesome and sometimes silly like you usually find in later sequels in a horror franchise. It felt a lot more like a Friday the 13th movie than a successor to the first Halloween.

I thought
    cop's head turned into a jack-o-lantern
    was especially egregious. But hey, it was the most successful October movie ever. What do I know?