NBA 2018-2019 Thread

just kick starting a new thread for the new season. My god defense is gone. Every game is now like the all star game. We’re only like 3-4 games in the season per team and there’s been a hell of a lot of 130 to 140 games. 

Also as a Bulls fan everybody was hating on the $80mil Zach Lavine contract but the dude is balling. 30+ points every game while being Super efficient. One more year of tanking and getting either RJ Barret or Zion and the Bulls are in business.

Comments

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    My adult son Luka Doncic has looked pretty good so far. Still a lot to work on, but man does he have to potential to be a franchise guy.
    HatorianTravis
  • Is there still an “eastern conference”?
  • Yea. It’s called the Boston Celtics conference now...
  • Wizards are getting killed on the offensive glass giving up roughly 17 off boards a game. Dwight Howard cant get there soon enough, but Im not sure he can close that glaring deficit.
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Hatorian said:
    Yea. It’s called the Boston Celtics conference now...
    Don’t sleep on the Raptors now. Kings of the regular season!
    CoryTravisHatorian
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited October 24
    I'm kicking myself for not getting to Vegas to parlay the overs for the Pelicans, Clippers, and Bucks. I've always wanted to lay down a few season long over/unders. Sounds like a fun lens to track the season through. I think those are good bets too. Maybe Cleveland over too.
  • Hatorian said:
    That's a weird autocorrect, you meant to type Toronto Raptors and it came out Boston Celtics!
    Hatoriancdrive
  • edited October 25
    Hatorian said:
    That's a weird autocorrect, you meant to type Toronto Raptors and it came out Boston Celtics!
    Maybe it defaults to teams that have been in the finals?  :D
    CretanBull
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited October 25
    Man I love this game.  

CP3 serving his last game of his 2 game suspension.  I’ve watched this gif exactly 3 million times:

Worth it. Oh and Anthony Kiedis got kicked out of that game while looking like Geraldo Rivera. 

We’re playing the Jizz tonight. I hate that team for Rockets History bad blood reasons, but Donovan Mitchell is lowkey my favorite player to watch right now not on my team.  Dude is special. 

• Curry's shot chart last night:

• ^ Looks like he should stay out of the paint!
  • Kind of surprised that Minnesota would turn down it down.  Then again, if Houston is going to be good for awhile, it's not like when Brooklyn traded the picks to Boston and then went into the tank after a year or so.
  • The 2023 and 2025 picks would be Super valuable. by 2023 Paul and Melo are probably retired. Harden and Butler would be 34. Plus they would be cash strapped so no free agents and they would only have 2 first round picks in the next 4 years to really improve the team.

the problem is Thibs wants to win. He could care less that the 2025 pick will probably be a top 5 lottery pick. He won’t be around for it. 
  • Toronto Raptors are undefeated going 6-0 to open the season and are in first place of the Boston Celtics Toronto Raptors Conference :)

HatorianNoelcdrive
  • Hatorian said:
    The 2023 and 2025 picks would be Super valuable. by 2023 Paul and Melo are probably retired. Harden and Butler would be 34. Plus they would be cash strapped so no free agents and they would only have 2 first round picks in the next 4 years to really improve the team.

the problem is Thibs wants to win. He could care less that the 2025 pick will probably be a top 5 lottery pick. He won’t be around for it. 

Depends on if there are protections on those picks.  Morey isn't a fool and would probably have some sort of protection like top 3 or 5 or 10, who knows.  If all of the picks are flat out unprotected, then I have a hard time saying no to this deal.
  • https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-cavaliers-fire-coach-tyrone-153756199.html

So after 6 games, Cleveland is firing Lue.  Does this now close the book on "he's a good coach"?  Because I mean why else would he be fired after 6 games without some sort of massive scandal?  Just seems like Cleveland is adding to the whole "LeBron was really the coach and Lue was just a puppet" storyline or "without LeBron, Lue isn't that good of a coach" storyline.

• Can't be all Carmelo's fault that the Rockets are 1-4. Actually, it can be. In fact, it is. Goddamn it, Melo. 
    cdrive
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited October 29
    Hatorian said:
    The 2023 and 2025 picks would be Super valuable. by 2023 Paul and Melo are probably retired. Harden and Butler would be 34. Plus they would be cash strapped so no free agents and they would only have 2 first round picks in the next 4 years to really improve the team.

Depends on if there are protections on those picks.  Morey isn't a fool and would probably have some sort of protection like top 3 or 5 or 10, who knows.  If all of the picks are flat out unprotected, then I have a hard time saying no to this deal.
    I Don’t think they can put any protections on the picks that would mean the pick doesn’t transfer. The pick needs to be given up that year. Cuz you can’t trade 1st round picks in back to back years. So if they trade their 2023 pick and put a top 10 protection and they end up at lkme 8 then it would go to 2024. But if they traded their 2025 already then it would brake the rules. Pretty sure the picks would need to be unprotected for any trade they included future first rounders. They can protect the 2025 but they wouldn’t be able to protect the 2023, 2021 or 2019
  • Considering GMs figured out loop holes like pick swapping, that they could figure out a way to have protections and if a protection happened, figure out how to make it work.  But, good point nonetheless.
  • Dummy said:
    Can't be all Carmelo's fault that the Rockets are 1-4. Actually, it can be. In fact, it is. Goddamn it, Melo. 
    Appears that Houston is preparing to cut Melo (or so speculation has begun).  If true, can't say I blame them for taking a flyer on the vet minimum for him.  Have to wonder if another team signs him (someone probably will, maybe he tries to join LeBron in LA or Wade in Miami).  Not sure what's left in the tank with him and if he should be thinking of this being his last season....
  • Dummy said:
    Can't be all Carmelo's fault that the Rockets are 1-4. Actually, it can be. In fact, it is. Goddamn it, Melo. 
    Appears that Houston is preparing to cut Melo (or so speculation has begun).  If true, can't say I blame them for taking a flyer on the vet minimum for him.  Have to wonder if another team signs him (someone probably will, maybe he tries to join LeBron in LA or Wade in Miami).  Not sure what's left in the tank with him and if he should be thinking of this being his last season....
    I think he just needs to accept who he is. He isn't a winner. He's a guy that loves shooting and scoring 40 points. Maybe they get some wins, but that isn't the priority. He should join the Cavs or the Suns or something. You are right, though, Houston didn't really lose much and it was worth a shot to see if it worked. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Philly looks good on paper. i'm not oppose for the East to get better.
    Underwood
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I’ve been playing the All Time Rockets roster on 2k in this horrible start for my Rockets. I go Calvin Murphy Harden McGrady Malone Dream. Back up unit is CP3 Drexler Rudy T Elvin Hayes Yao.