Empire strikes back

am i crazy? Doesnt the original cut end with luke and leia looking out the window at the galaxy? Because the vhs i just bought has that iconic shot, but it ends in space looking at the fleet take off. And I hate it.
JaimieT

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    This is the original 70mm theatrical ending. https://youtu.be/cmbl8tLOfFE
  • Now comes that feeling you get when you find out that your brain has been lying to you for years.
    MurderbearTaraC73
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    But honestly as I read your post, I don't think I remembered the fleet flying away. It's been a VERY long time since I watched Empire but if you would have asked me the final shot, I think I would have said Luke and Leia looking out the window. It's definitely the most memorable bit in there.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited October 24
    I do remember the fleet taking off now that you mention it. I saw these first around age 13 and wasn't allowed to watch them often, though. My dad made me wait a few weeks with that cliffhanger lol.
  • Ugh! Lucas always finds a way to screw up a masterpiece! Luke and Leia looking out that window is the perfect inverse of the final shot of Star Wars when Han, Chewie, Luke and Leia looking at the crowd after the medal ceremony. I’m cutting that last shot out of my version of Star Wars!
    CapeGabe