How is there not a Wire Rewatchcast?

So listening to Jim and A Ron go on and on about their favorite shows Breaking Bad vs. the Wire inspired me to do a rewatch of the Wire.  After settling down to get started I uncovered the great conspiracy of 2018.  Someone had deleted all if the Bald Move coverage of HBOs the Wire? Must be as i can’t find anything but one commissioned episode about Omar.  Guys isn’t it time we demand a rewatch coverage of their supposed “favorite” show of all time?
russkelly

Comments

• edited October 29
    It's because A Ron wants to make sure they do it justice and have not had time to do the super re-watch with analysis the way he wants to. He's mentioned this from time to time. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, two things happened to The Wire podcast. When I had the time and the mojo to do it, my being a perfectionist made me wait until I could do the "perfect" podcast. Now I'm busy and it's hard to justify spending the time, since I know what The Deuce is pulling in, podcast rating wise, and I'm pretty sure a The Wire podcast would pull in less.

I think the best bet for a Wire podcast is the 20th anniversary, since I missed the 15th. 
    Flukes
  • Count me in as a listener for a Wire cast. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    @A_Ron_Hubbard if you do go back and cover this, would you do it in your standard format? Or would you consider doing an extra long podcast for each season? I can the latter being exhausting and probably not ideal to cover the minutiae of the season. But also going episode by episode would be a huge commitment. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @A_Ron_Hubbard if you do go back and cover this, would you do it in your standard format? Or would you consider doing an extra long podcast for each season? I can the latter being exhausting and probably not ideal to cover the minutiae of the season. But also going episode by episode would be a huge commitment. 
    The proper format would be a podcast episode for each individual character and their storyline. EACH INDIVIUAL CHARACTER. That goes for all the Horses and Kenards and what not (Some episodes might only be 5 minutes long). And of course Baltimore itself would get an episode. Ha ha.
    Dummy
  • This would definitely bump it to the top of my cue of tv / movies I need to get to.
  • Freddy said:
    The proper format would be a podcast episode for each individual character and their storyline. EACH INDIVIUAL CHARACTER. That goes for all the Horses and Kenards and what not (Some episodes might only be 5 minutes long). And of course Baltimore itself would get an episode. Ha ha.

Hell yes to this. I can't wait for the podcast about Little Kevin. There will be at least a 10 minute conversation about rubbing your hands together while you talk.