Game of Thrones prequel casts it's lead role

Game of Thrones prequel casts Naomi Watts to star. The actress will play a character described as “a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret.”

https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/30/game-of-thrones-prequel-naomi-watts/
Alkaid13ElisaMichelle

Comments

• MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Oh. That's, neat...I guess?
  • I think I already know who will get killed in season one. Big stars don't tend to last long in this universe. 
    DeeElisaA_Ron_Hubbard
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited October 30
    Dummy said:
    I think I already know who will get killed in season one. Big stars don't tend to last long in this universe. 
    Sean Bean clinging to a headboard, before gracefully sinking to the bottom of the Gods Eye?
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    "its"
    Kate23
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I do love Ms. Watts. It would be awesome for them to hit another home run, because I love the World of I&F and I'd love to get more lore!
    ElisaMichelleiMatty94
    This casting news broke yesterday. My guess is that he's our proto-Azor Ahai

British actor Josh Whitehouse will lead the cast alongside Watts in Jane Goldman’s spin-off, whose pilot is expected to begin filming in February. You may know Whitehouse from Poldark, and he’ll also appear in The Happy Worker, an upcoming film by director Duwayne Dunham and executive producer David Lynch.

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-prequel-casts-josh-whitehouse-lead-role/
    ElisaMichelle
  • 1 of 5 spinoffs in the works...
    1 of 5 spinoffs in the works...
    Yeah, but this is the one they selected to go forward with and film a pilot. HBO just had 5 writing teams write 5 scripts for DC offerrmt prequel ideas. The other 4 havent ber greenlit for any production.

I'm guessing HBO will only revisit the other 4 prequel ideas if the pilot for The Long Night doesnt go well.