"Gods of Thrones" - Introduction

I figured I'd start a thread for the new podcast series. We'll be talking about my new book, Gods of Thrones for a few weeks, then we'll be hosting a book club for GRRM's new Fire and Blood, and we'll be taking questions and feedback the whole time. Hope you all enjoy!
Alkaid13MurderbearcdriveRoseMichelle

Comments

• Got the Kindle Download Yesterday, looks great!
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited November 1
    aww yeah aww yeah!

A_Ron_HubbardMichelleMrXCecily
  • Was there going to be a Hard Copy available on Amazon or is it Kindle only? 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    edited November 1
    Paperback is coming soon. Soon = before Thanksgiving.
    Michelle
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    How much do we need to raise to get Paul Giamatti to read the Audible version?
    MichelleTravis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I might have missed this, but how do I pick up my digital copy?
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 1
    Backers were sent a email with details, otherwise it’s on Amazon currently. 
    I'll have to dig through all my emails - thanks!
    How much do we need to raise to get Paul Giamatti to read the Audible version?
    Ha! How much ya got? I'd want to pay extra so he does the whole book in his "I'M NOT DRINKING ANY FUCKING MERLOT!" range.

MurderbearCecily
    Michelle said:
    You can see the update on Kickstarter, too. You just have to login first!
    Michelle
    Michelle said:
    You can see the update on Kickstarter, too. You just have to login first!
    Sweet, thanks!  Congrats again!  This is beyond cool.
    edited November 1
    "Sir Kory of House Boogerlip" hahhaaha
    nice!
    Haha, c-drive, no less than three people verified along the printing process that "C:\" was what was actually intended to be printed and not a mistake!
    MichellecdriveTravis
    Haha, c-drive, no less than three people verified along the printing process that "C:\" was what was actually intended to be printed and not a mistake!
    Ha!!! Yeah Anthony even emailed me all like "Is this right???"  
    Travis
  • I don't think the book is in Google play. I have some credit there and I will not hesitate to buy the book if it is there
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Loved the podcast! Can't wait to dig into the book!
    I don't think the book is in Google play. I have some credit there and I will not hesitate to buy the book if it is there

I'll look into what it takes to do that. We're not Amazon exclusive, so once we get the Kickstarter rewards shipped we'll make a paperback available on Amazon, the ebook at other outlets, and I'm going to be recording the audiobook between December and January.
    waterresist123Kate23Michelle
  • By the way @A_Ron_Hubbard is the beginning to the Ned Character Study supposed to be “There Is Is”?
  • The intro podcast was a great warmup for the book; just read the first chapter today. I'll definitely write up something on Amazon, it's an enjoyable read and I'll probably sail through it tomorrow in one shot.
    Coincidentally I listened to the latest Imaginary Worlds podcast today, "Faith in Fantasy." It made me realize for the first time, I have no real obvious idea of "afterlife" in the GoT religions from the show (haven't read books). A.Ron and Anthony mentioned it briefly at least once in the first chapter re:greenseers so I hope to read more (in vol 1 or 2) if it's addressed by canon.
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Good money says the one star review is from one of the banned former forum members...

As for me, I'm holding out for the paperback. 
    Michelle
    Alkaid13 said:
    By the way @A_Ron_Hubbard is the beginning to the Ned Character Study supposed to be “There Is Is”?
    Nope! I'm keeping a list of wild typos. Although I just checked in the kindle and hardcopy, and I'm not seeing that one?
    Good money says the one star review is from one of the banned former forum members...

As for me, I'm holding out for the paperback. 
    Hoo boy, yeah, that's a pisser. Ah, well, what can you do. I think that particular review speaks for itself. Paperback should be available for order late next week!
  • Maybe just my copy but that seems odd.