Bi-opics

DrKenDrKen Chicago
Is this an inside joke that I as just not in on?  I've never heard anyone pronounce it a "bi-opic" as opposed to a "bio-pic" as in "Biography-picture".

I just find it weird that both Jim and ARon are doing it.  I live in the Midwest.  I don't think it is that.  

I'm going with inside-Bald Move joke.
hisdudeness915MrXrkcrawf

Comments

• Isn’t it “bi-optic” since you have 2 eyeballs watching the bio-pic?
    MichelleMurderbearMFG
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    I'd like to see a Lee Majors bi-opic focusing on The Bio-nic Man.
    gguenot
  • Or a Paulie Shore one on Bi-odome?
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeah, it is one of those things I heard Aron pronounce and I was like...what? It is like biography except with "pic." 
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Yeah, it is one of those things I heard Aron pronounce and I was like...what? It is like biography except with "pic." 
    I thought it was just an ARon thing also for a while but Jim is doing it now too.

I don't know what the hell is going on.  They're all up in my head, man.  I'm messed up!!
  • Could the Bald Move community go forth and spread the mispronunciation and change it globally??
  • DrKen said:
    I thought it was just an ARon thing also for a while but Jim is doing it now too.

I don't know what the hell is going on.  They're all up in my head, man.  I'm messed up!!

ARon must have corrupted Jim's pronunciation sub-routine. He just needs to unplug Jim for 10 seconds then plug him back in.
    tom_gJimMurderbearhisdudeness915MFG
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    tom_g said:
    Could the Bald Move community go forth and spread the mispronunciation and change it globally??
    Yeah, let's Mandela Effect the shit out of it!
  • It was the Silence of the Lambs Podcast that made me learn to stop worrying and love the mispronunciation. You know The Silence of The Lambs directed by Johnathon "Dem" .
  • Dont be so biopic.  :/

Dee
    OpusWho said:
    It was the Silence of the Lambs Podcast that made me learn to stop worrying and love the mispronunciation. You know The Silence of The Lambs directed by Johnathon "Dem" .
    Pierce Bronson is the worst James Bond.
    gguenotOpusWho
  • Wow, I swear I've heard it pronounced bi-opic many times from many sources.  I believe Merriam but that Webster guy is a real schmuck.
    gguenotMichelleDummyMurderbearhisdudeness915DrKencdriveaki
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    I just asked my wife if she'd ever heard of a movie biography term.  She had not.  I didn't want to say it out loud so I spelled it out for her and she said "you mean a bi-opic?"

So, nevermind.
    hisdudeness915Michelle
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    DrKen said:
    I just asked my wife if she'd ever heard of a movie biography term.  She had not.  I didn't want to say it out loud so I spelled it out for her and she said "you mean a bi-opic?"

So, nevermind.
    This is really throwing me for a loop. 
    Is it cause of the word myopic? Is that why someone would want to pronounce it bi-opic?
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Is it cause of the word myopic? Is that why someone would want to pronounce it bi-opic?

I'd say it's more because of the prefix bi-. You see bi-, then you pronounce the rest of the word as you would if it were standing alone 
    Maybe that's the problem. The prefix is bio
    JaimieT
    Maybe that's the problem. The prefix is bio

Exactly.
    Murderbear
  • I've always said bi-opic and it sounds weird otherwise. Are people saying bi-oh-graphy?
    Dee
    Bi-oh-pic. Bi-ah-graphy. For me at least
    I've always said bi-opic and it sounds weird otherwise. Are people saying bi-oh-graphy?

They do say biographical. Bioidentical. Biosphere. Bioshock. ... oh sorry, been watching a Let's Play. 
    Murderbear
  • JaimieT said:
    I've always said bi-opic and it sounds weird otherwise. Are people saying bi-oh-graphy?

They do say biographical. Bioidentical. Biosphere. Bioshock. ... oh sorry, been watching a Let's Play. 
    Well, shit, I did not think this through fully. Probably why I say bi-opic.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I say biopic also... 

because when you shorten biography you say bio and bio and pronounce it that way (I recently read a great bio of Martin Luther King jr) 
    JaimieT
  • I say Bi-opic.  I'm British.  I've lived in America for over a decade.  I don't even know any more.
    Mark Kermode says bio-pic and I cut my teeth on movies with him.
  • TaraC73 said:
    I say biopic also... 

because when you shorten biography you say bio and bio and pronounce it that way (I recently read a great bio of Martin Luther King jr) 
    Me too, but I think it is great the way our podcasters say it.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited November 11
    I would like to see a documentary about really shitty biopics, and why in the stupid bloody dead deer hell they get made. The title: "Ohmyopic"

Also, we need more auto-biopics. Are their any? If not, Trump will be the first. "Trump on Trump"
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Freddy said:
    Also, we need more auto-biopics. Are their any? If not, Trump will be the first. "Trump on Trump"
    It might be the first to have a zero turnout.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Michelle said:
    Freddy said:
    It might be the first to have a zero turnout.
    You severely underestimate the power of GOP grade heroin.