Rocketman (2019) - trailers, etc.

MichelleMichelle California
edited November 2 in Movies
Last night prior to Bohemian Rhapsody, they screened the trailer for Rocketman.  This is a biopic about Elton John, focusing on his early life through his '70s glam years, etc.  ARon might be right (as stated in the BM Movies review they did last night) in that with the hype around Bohemian Rhapsody (and huge success, I predict - that movie was f'ing amazing), we might be witnessing a new era, the influx of biopics about major rock stars.  And this movie looks like it might be a big hit.  I'm super excited about it, as I *love* '70s Elton John's music - Bennie and the Jets, Rocketman, Daniel, Crocodile Rock, Your Song, etc.  Anyway - has anyone else seen this?

Comments

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    These two aside (Freddie and Elton) I cant think of anyone else with the right combination of interesting AND kickass music that I would want to see a movie about their life... hmmm.

i am super excited about Elton <
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I think a Bowie movie would be interesting.  I also think a Kurt Cobain one would be good too.
    TaraC73
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    TaraC73 said:
    These two aside (Freddie and Elton) I cant think of anyone else with the right combination of interesting AND kickass music that I would want to see a movie about their life... hmmm.

i am super excited about Elton <
    Jagger and/or The Rolling Stones
    Michelle
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Actually, a really good movie could be made from Eric Clapton's life.  He's had some troubles.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Bowie YES!!!

Rolling Stones/mick jagger no thanks, I hate them with the fire of a thousand suns

clapton I love his music, don’t know much about his life honestly. I’d check it out probably :)