Rocketman (2019) - trailers, etc.

MichelleMichelle California
edited November 2018 in Movies
Last night prior to Bohemian Rhapsody, they screened the trailer for Rocketman.  This is a biopic about Elton John, focusing on his early life through his '70s glam years, etc.  ARon might be right (as stated in the BM Movies review they did last night) in that with the hype around Bohemian Rhapsody (and huge success, I predict - that movie was f'ing amazing), we might be witnessing a new era, the influx of biopics about major rock stars.  And this movie looks like it might be a big hit.  I'm super excited about it, as I *love* '70s Elton John's music - Bennie and the Jets, Rocketman, Daniel, Crocodile Rock, Your Song, etc.  Anyway - has anyone else seen this?

Comments

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    These two aside (Freddie and Elton) I cant think of anyone else with the right combination of interesting AND kickass music that I would want to see a movie about their life... hmmm.

i am super excited about Elton <
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I think a Bowie movie would be interesting.  I also think a Kurt Cobain one would be good too.
    TaraC73
  • TaraC73 said:
    These two aside (Freddie and Elton) I cant think of anyone else with the right combination of interesting AND kickass music that I would want to see a movie about their life... hmmm.

i am super excited about Elton <
    Jagger and/or The Rolling Stones
    Michelle
  • Actually, a really good movie could be made from Eric Clapton's life.  He's had some troubles.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Bowie YES!!!

Rolling Stones/mick jagger no thanks, I hate them with the fire of a thousand suns

clapton I love his music, don’t know much about his life honestly. I’d check it out probably :) 
    Reviving this!  Last night before When Harry Met Sally started, they showed a new, longer trailer for Rocketman.  i seriously can't wait to see this at the end of the month.  I'm so there opening night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa8fQTmSHy0

And also, there is a trailer with the creators, etc talking about the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD9h4wEzNgE
    bazjenster
    I just saw this vid.  Apparently Taran Egerton did all of his own vocals for this movie.  They didn't mix Elton's in with his at all.  I'm impressed and can't wait to see the movie!

MattyWeaves
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I've been anticipating this movie for months now. I love the fact it's rated R, and Taron is actually singing. There's another video out there of him singing with Elton that was fun to watch.
    Michelle
    @Jim & @A_Ron_Hubbard, will this be a Bald Movie?
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    I'm a big fan so I'll be seeing this one for sure, but it annoys me that the actor is singing some of the songs in the wrong key.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Michelle said:
    @Jim & @A_Ron_Hubbard, will this be a Bald Movie?
    Have to, right? They did Queen, and everyone knows Elton John is better than Queen. 
    Teresa from ConcordMichelle
    Freddy said:
    Have to, right? They did Queen, and everyone knows Elton John is better than Queen. 
    Debatable, but I do think they should cover it!
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    Elton John (and Bernie Taupin) were better song writers, but Freddie was the better singer (by far!).