Rick’s final episode BIG SPOILERS INSIDE!!

OK so The Spoiling Dead Fans Army Facebook group has put up some info about Rick’s last episode. I have always said I was ride or die with TWD, despite the tremendous shitshow that it is now. I need to see how this all plays out, but it’s looking like I’m going to have my Sunday evenings free once again. 

Here’s the goods!!

Does Rick Die?
NOOOOOO!! HE LIVES!!!!! He will experience another close call on the bridge and everyone will believe he’s dead. However, we’ll learn that he actually survives and Jadis calls in the helicopter to take him UP UP UP far far away...

bnelson78lengmo

Comments

• Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 2
    What the actual fuck. Get ready for Sunday y’all cuz if true then it’s gonna be a real banger......for me shitting on TWD. I can’t wait, this will be so much fun. 
    TaraC73DeeBrandonTheBardbnelson78
  • edited November 2
    Please be true. I haven't watched the show in YEARS, but I love watching the shit-show online after it does something colossally stupid. 

Is the helicopter hiding under a dumpster? 
    CretanBullTaraC73
  • edited November 2
    I KNEW IT!!!

Get ready for the "Who will be the next Rick Grimes???" recasting hype in 1--2 seasons.
    TaraC73
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited November 2
    I haven't watched it in years, but I don't get it...

So people are going to think that he's dead, but he's going to be alive but someone will realize that he's alive and somehow call in a helicopter (where did that come from?!) so he'll make it out alive - but abandon his friends and family and be whisked off to some unknown location never to be heard from again? 

• No, just no. This has to someone trolling TWD because they must have learned that trolling their viewers has consequences.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Of course. I don't think we will ever see anyone but Andrew Lincoln play Rick Grimes. But I'm sure once they heard he wanted to leave, they figured they could do this without actually closing the door all the way. In a season or two, we'll get "THE RETURN OF RICK GRIMES" on all the ads because there are no secrets anymore and AMC has no self control. Assuming some time away will let him be ready to either briefly come back or completely assume the role again.

I wish they weren't so spineless though. I want to see Rick get out of that rebar, have whatever visions he has of his past to make him realize what he's gone through and some "sage wisdom" for the future from some past characters and then a hard cut back to him getting his fucking guts eaten out and it was all a vision and they just straight up kill him. And even though he'd probably be devoured in that moment, I'd love to see walker Rick.
    TaraC73
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I don't buy it.  There's no way Rick would knowingly abandon Michonne and especially Judith.
    He'll be unconscious or they will lie to him or something like that. Because you're right, Rick wouldn't knowingly do that.

Also since we are in spoiler territory here anyway, @TaraC73, have they said anything about how Maggie leaves? Rick is getting all the attention but she's done too, right?
    TaraC73
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    That is hilarious. They should just end the series on this scene and then like a loony toons that's all folks
    TaraC73bnelson78
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    He'll be unconscious or they will lie to him or something like that. Because you're right, Rick wouldn't knowingly do that.

Also since we are in spoiler territory here anyway, @TaraC73, have they said anything about how Maggie leaves? Rick is getting all the attention but she's done too, right?
    There is some mention of a trip to see Georgie (why can’t I place who that is? They keep mentioning him/her in letters??) she’s not at all dying though. Just going on a trip <span>:neutral:</span>
    Murderbear
  • I assume Maggie is going to go off with the lady who wrote the how-to-rebuild-civilization book.

So potentially going full #Heath x2 with characters to potentially return in a future season, spinoff, or even maybe FTWD.
    MurderbearTaraC73
    Georgie

I wonder if this is going to be a result of her trying to kill Negan? Maybe Michonne bansishes her? I just don't really see a good reason why Maggie would just abandon the Hilltop.
    TaraC73
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Oh gawwwwwwd.  I haven't heard "Georgie" in so long it sounds like a made up word like "Flibbershticky."  Or...."clumphh".   Or "moisture."
    DoubleA_RonTaraC73Michellebnelson78
  • If they were going to bait-and-switch a death to keep options open, it would have made more sense strategically to do it with Carl.

Story is really his story, actor didn’t have other offers on the table, could have maintained the fiction that he’s taking a “break” from the show to go to school and looked less like a bunch of greedy bastards, would be more believable that he could be held against his will by mysterious helicopter parents, good source of future conflict in the show, and could better get away with recasting him after a time-jump if Chandler didn’t want to come back eventually.
    TaraC73
  • Oh I have to finish this mid-season now if this is true because I really need to see what a shit show the finale will be. I’m so happy that my poor decision making in giving this show another chance has payed off and I get to send this show off on yet another low note. Honestly this is really the best way things could have possibly resolved. 
    @Murderbear ah yes. Georgie. Such am
    awful character I erased her from my mind.

Since it’s mentioned above, here’s some Maggie info and other stuff in a SPOILERY RUNDOWN OF WHOLE EPISODE NEXT COMMENT:
    Murderbear
    edited November 3
    Q&A Episode 9.5 “What Comes After”

The time has come. Are we ready? Big thanks to our fantastic source! PLEASE be mindful about sharing spoilers. Posting this on social media where unsuspecting fans can stumble across these spoilers is not the place for this information... Just leave it be and stay in your spoiler lane. Here we go!!!

1. Heath's RV was spotted during filming of this episode.  Will we see it and/or get a reference to Heath this episode? 

There's no mention of Heath. 

EDIT: We will actually see the RV. Jadis is driving it in the beginning, but it breaks down and she abandons it. 

2. What happens with Maggie & Negan?

It's straight from the recent comics. Michonne allows Maggie to enter Negan's cell & Maggie is prepared to kill him. Negan isn't surprised and says he can't believe she waited this long. He gets on his knees and tells her to kill him, which surprises Maggie. He finally starts begging her to kill him, and when she asks why, he says so he can be with his wife. Maggie finally decides leaving him alive and suffering is a better punishment. 

3. Which previous TWD characters will we see? 

Shane, Hershel, and Sasha. 

4. Can you describe Rick’s interactions with the characters from the past? At least one of them? 

The scene with Hershel is back at his farm. Rick apologizes for what happened to him, Beth, and Glenn and also for what he put Maggie through. Rick then says he's looking for his family. Hershel says that Rick's family isn't here. Then he tells Rick to wake up. Rick says the same thing to the other characters - that he's looking for his family. But he's told they aren't there. We are meant to assume he means his Lori and Carl family. But we realize that he is referring to his Michonne, Judith and the rest of the group family, and that's why Hershel said they weren't there. 

The one with Shane was back at the scene where Rick was shot in the pilot episode. Shane is just being a dick, asking how his daughter's doing, etc. Shane then confesses that he's an asshole, but he had hoped some of it rubbed off on Rick, if only to harden him. Then Shane starts yelling that Rick needs to do what needs to be done.  (So cryptic. Bet Gimple wrote that part.)

5. Does the bridge hold? 

Yes. Rick finally remembers what Daryl told him and leads the herd back to the camp (which has been vacated) with the hope the bridge will collapse. It doesn't.

6. How does Rick exit the show? 

When the bridge holds, Rick notices a case of dynamite on the bridge. By this time, Maggie, Michonne, Carol, and several others arrive to help, but Rick thinks they're a delusion since he had a hallucination about them earlier. Rick fires a gunshot at the case of dynamite, and the bridge goes up in a fireball, while everyone looks on in horror. 

7. How does the episode end? 

It ends with Jadis finding Rick near the bridge after the explosion, and she takes takes him with her on the helicopter. 

8. Do we learn anything else about the helicopter people? What A and B mean?

No, not really. Jadis tells the guy on the radio something along the lines of, “I have a live one.” She might have also called Rick an A.

EDIT:  Jadis actually tells the helicopter people that Rick is a B and asks if they have a deal. Then the helicopter lowers to the ground. So Rick is no longer an A, he’s a B? Hmmmm 
    9. Anything else you want to share with us about it? 

Massive time jump at the very end. Magna and her crew are introduced, and they are saved from a herd by a stranger. That stranger is revealed to be Judith Grimes (now around 10 years old), toting a shotgun and wearing Carl's hat.
    DoubleA_RontelephoneofmadnessMurderbearbnelson78lengmo
    If anyone wants to reformat that if it isn’t hiding spoilers fee
    free to - I don’t see the spoilers but then I see them so not sure?? 
  • What a coward ass way for Rick to exit the show. 
    TaraC73
  • Man so glad we spent all this time on the Magginsurection only for it to go exactly nowhere. Oh man every new piece of info just makes this episode sound worse and that’s fantastic. 
    TaraC73
  • LMAO at yet another time jump and Judith becoming the new Coral
    TaraC73
  • TaraC73 said:

There's no mention of Heath.
    Cold.
    TaraC73
  • It would also make sense for older Judith to have comic book Carl's psycho personality, since she has big lobes like her dad.
    MurderbearTaraC73
    edited November 3
    What a disappointment. We'll see if all this info is right but I'm sure it will be. Spoiling Dead seems to have a pretty damn good track record. If the last thing we see of Rick is an ambiguous helicopter flight away, that sucks. That sucks real bad. Oh, and then we're going to jump ahead SIX years immediately after? No thanks. But I am confused though if Maggie, Carol, Michonne and others arrive to help Rick at the bridge, they just let him get on a helicopter and fly away forever? That doesn't make sense. Still holding out a tiny shred of hope they will actually kill Rick and not do this ambiguous bullshit.

They really must have not liked Chandler Riggs. I do genuinely like the idea of The Adventures of Lil Ass Kicker but why wasn't this Carl? I'm not saying he was the best actor in the world or anything but he was certainly good enough for this shit show.

The only one of those spoilers I didn't finish reading was the one about Rick's visions. That sounded like the only one that has some potential to be interesting. The Maggie thing seems reallllll dumb. Like, cool, so we're back to square one? Awesome. Good journey y'all. What did we learn? Nothing? Ahh, perfect!

The fact that the RV is still running seems dumb to me but maybe it's just in context with the list of all the other dumb shit and I don't know why, but it annoys me.
    TaraC73
  • Wow, they can't even manage a decent send-off for Rick if this is accurate. They're really going to Dexter this up, aren't they?! I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 
    MurderbearTaraC73
    TaraC73 said:
    If anyone wants to reformat that if it isn’t hiding spoilers fee
    free to - I don’t see the spoilers but then I see them so not sure?? 
    You have to do a [ spoiler ] and [ / spoiler ] (no spaces between brackets] for the whole thing, not just for the edit part.  

Aside from that, omg.  Freaking Jadis.  I never liked that woman.
    MurderbearTaraC73
    Yeah, I figured with the title of the thread being what it is, those spoilers were fine too. You know what you're getting yourself into if you keep reading this! Ha
    TaraC73
    edited November 3
    @Murderbear that’s why I wasn’t overly concerned about spoilers because of the post title :)

im going to edit it now though, just for my own OCD tendencies. Thanks @Michelle I couldn’t remember the formatting and like I said I saw my stuff but then it was hidden then not again :confused: fuckitall now it’s just hiding first paragraph despite my putting the spoiler stuff where it should go. So, tough titties LOL

im going to hold off judgment til after the show; but it’s not looking good for
    this episode to turn out interesting or logical  :angry:
    Yeah, I figured with the title of the thread being what it is, those spoilers were fine too. You know what you're getting yourself into if you keep reading this! Ha
    Oh. Yeah.  Ha... much coffee needed this morning.  :wink:
    MurderbearTaraC73