Thank You Andrew Lincoln

Although I haven’t watched the Walking Dead for a couple years now, I still feel obligated to watch this Sunday for Ricks last episode. Andrew Lincoln was such a big reason I got hooked onto the show. As most of us know, the show lost its way in the later seasons and the writing got progressively worse. But for some odd reason, I feel kind of sad about Lincoln leaving. It almost feels like a little part of me is moving on. I was single, living in a small apartment when the Walking Dead first aired. As I type this comment now, I’m currently married with two kids living in a house. How times have changed! So I’ll be watching this Sunday, thinking of the good times of the Walking Dead and remembering the better days of the show. It’s the end of an era.
russkellygguenotMurderbearMichelleAlkaid13

Comments

• Great post.
     If you haven’t been watching for a while you really want to check out this season. Best since season 4. Check out ARon on Walking Dead Cast episode 330 Warning Signs.
     ***Spoiler - Aaron bust outs his trademark Daryl impression. 

Murderbear
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Holy shit, I didn’t realize how much I could relate to this comment. Started watching this in high school when I first started dating my wife and now here we are expecting our first kid. Shame I couldn’t stick with the show after season 6 but I gotta admit, rick leaving hits me in the feels. It does indeed feel like a family member is leaving. 

To Rick! 
    gguenot
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 3
    The fact that this thread even exists right now is proof positive of how much AMC has fucked around with this series, but I’ll pour one out for my favorite Brit with a mediocre Georgia accent that became almost passable by the end. Hopefully he goes on to bigger and better places. 
    Murderbear
  • Same, I had a girlfriend and now a wife and a 1 year old since I saw the first season. Shame what happened to the show, but it wasn’t Andy Lincoln!
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    gguenot said:
    Same, I had a girlfriend and now a wife and a 1 year old since I saw the first season. Shame what happened to the show, but it wasn’t Andy Lincoln!
    Was your girlfriend mad when you got a wife?
    MarcigguenotMichelle
  • Dee said:
    gguenot said:
    Same, I had a girlfriend and now a wife and a 1 year old since I saw the first season. Shame what happened to the show, but it wasn’t Andy Lincoln!
    Was your girlfriend mad when you got a wife?
    Hahah I kept trying to edit it to see how I could convey that properly and finally I was all “fuck it, hopefully they get it”
    DeeMichelle
  • AnominalAnominal San Francisco Bay Area
    Chetan said:
    Great post.
     If you haven’t been watching for a while you really want to check out this season. Best since season 4. Check out ARon on Walking Dead Cast episode 330 Warning Signs.
     ***Spoiler - Aaron bust outs his trademark Daryl impression. 

But I said I was going to quit the show! And I've succeeded in not watching this season at all. Don't tell me it's actually good. Ugh.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited November 5
    Was watching football then I noticed they were showing the back episodes. I haven't seen any so far this season until now. Looks like I watch them and the new one tonight. I thought I was out....

edit the Rams tied it this is a hard one.
    Now that the show has aired, do you really want to say thank you or fuck you Andrew Lincoln? 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 5
    Can we please not turn this thread into another hatewatch rant?  Not directing this at anyone, but just trying to get out ahead of it now because I left the other thread with a fucking headache.

I will still thank Andrew Lincoln.  He's a very talented actor and did an amazing job with the scripts and direction he was given. 
    rhcoop
  • kingbee67 said:
    Now that the show has aired, do you really want to say thank you or fuck you Andrew Lincoln? 
    Not Andrew Lincoln but definitely AMC and Scott Gimple. This show is so offensive to me on so many different levels. 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 5
    I mean I have no problems with Andrew Lincoln whatsoever, he’s great and this thread should remain focused on his successes as an actor. All of the actors do great work and are in no way the problem with TWD as it currently stands. AMC is the problem as noted numerous times. But Andy Lincoln killed it tonight with what he was given, this thread should continue to be a positive thread about the great work he’s done. 
    Mostly I'm just messing around.
  • Did someone change the title of this post?
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 5
    gguenot said:
    Did someone change the title of this post?
    Briefly, then he changed it back.  
  • Michelle said:
    gguenot said:
    Michelle said:
    gguenot said:
    Michelle said:
    gguenot said:
    Sorry guys, that episode really irked me the wrong way. 
  • Oh don’t worry, there will be plenty of other times to excoriate AMC for this, just not here. 
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    edited November 5
    Just heard the news on Facebook... so glad I didn’t give in and watch this episode. You almost had me AMC, you almost had me
  • You should watch. It had me on the edge of my seat a bunch and crying in a few places. So what if there are some dumb parts? It was really engaging and wrapped up a bunch of stuff so we can start fresh with new storylines and new characters. 

Michellerhcoop
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Missed the ep. Did he become a lumberjack?
    Murderbear
  • He's sunbathing naked in the Alps.
  • TWD had the potential to turn him into a major actor. At this point maybe his career is too badly tarnished for him to do anything worthwhile, so he'll take the money and go down with Titanic TWD.
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    Michelle said:
    Can we please not turn this thread into another hatewatch rant?  Not directing this at anyone, but just trying to get out ahead of it now because I left the other thread with a fucking headache.

I will still thank Andrew Lincoln.  He's a very talented actor and did an amazing job with the scripts and direction he was given. 
    Thank you, I made the same point in the other thread.  I get that a lot of people don't or didn't like it, but repeating that 30 times isn't going to change others opinions. 
    Michelle