905 - What Comes After

Directed by Greg Nicotero (Warning sign #1)
Written by Scott Gimple (Warning sign #2) and Mathew Negrete (Warning sign #3)
cdriveDeeFlukes

Comments

• Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 4
    Welcome to RICK GRIMES’ LAST EPISODE a fact that AMC is sure to remind you at every possible opportunity, and boy oh boy what a stellar team we’ve assembled for this episode. As I’m sure everyone knows Scott Gimple is the man who was at the helm of the complete devastation of TWD as a franchise, Greg Nicotero has directed some real bad episodes, and Matthew Negrete has been a writer since S4 and doesn’t have a sterling history of work on this show to say the least. Really AMC has just assembled the absolute Z team to bring about the end of our main character and I cannot wait to see what evils they can accomplish. 
    Kela15gesualdo
  • I hate to be negative but Greg Nicotero is the Hue Jackson of Directors. He’s just terrible in creating any kind of genuine emotion from the viewer. He’s all about the blood and guts and not the storytelling. Ugh what a let down he’s directing this episode.
    MurderbearKela15TaraC73mwspiak
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited November 4
    Yeah, Angela Kang has been doing a fine job this season of righting this ship as best as anyone could given what she was given. I have a feeling the dunces in charge decided to step in for this important episode and I have a really bad feeling it ain't gonna be pretty.
    TaraC73
  • Based on previous evidence, it appears that Gimple, Nicotero, and the Big Wigs at AMC proper simply cannot allow any TWD property to be competent for very long. 
    Kela15
  • Well alrighty then here we go. 
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Well well well... it’s almost time for Rick Grimes’ last episode to start. And maybe my last episode as well. Time will tell. Waiting on my sister and 9:20 to start the show. God, they’re making a huge mistake in every way: the spoilers I’ve read if they are true - are a shorty send off, putting nicotero in charge of the episode, and getting rid of Rick!! :angry:

• Oh God we’re starting with this A and B shit already. 
  • Oh wow they actually called out those lobes. 
    TaraC73xulsolar22DemicmwspiakDeek_Fasay
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 5
    I get that not everyone still likes the show, but the consistent weekly hatewatch play by play is just...  well, ok then.  We can agree to disagree on some things. 

I just got home and am tuning in now.  Watching Rick and Herschel's scene.  It's touching, especially given that this was Scott Wilson's last scenes ever.  
    gguenotMurderbearblue_sleeverusskellyTaraC73jtmy92CodyHarris821Deek_Fasayrustywright4
    Bulllllllllllshit. Thought they actually did it but how did he survive?
    russkellyTaraC73Kela15
  • You know what, 8 minutes out from the ending and this is a great episode. There was some silly ass shit as usual but imma overlook all of it for the death of one Rick Grimes. Oh wait, that’s not the end?
    TaraC73GruffyWinters
  • Oh God Dammit. 
    BrandonTheBard
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    WTF?
  • You just couldn’t do it huh Gimple? You just couldn’t leave well enough alone. You had take one of the rare opportunities where we get to say goodbye to the MAIN CHARACTER and you had to go and FUCK IT UP AS USUAL. I knew this shit was coming and I’m still angry about it. 
    JTKIIITaraC73gesualdoped185
  • “Oh hurdy durr we sure got you with that RICK GRIMES FINAL EPISODE stuff huh viewers?” Yeah I guess you fucking did AMC because yet again I believed that you had an ounce of dignity to actually commit to something for once and not dick around as usual. Well you done fooled me again assholes! Way to fucking go!
    Gimple just confirmed that this is the end of Rick Grimes on TWD.  But it's not the end of his story,  They're creating AMC feature films and his continuing story will be part of the AMC feature films.  But he won't be back on TWD.
    TaraC73Kela15
    A conversation that must have happened:

Hey, where should I store all this dynamite?

On the bridge.

The bridge that is vital to our survival?

Yup.

But we don't even need any dynamite there on the bridge. Are you sure?

Don't ask questions kid.
    Dummybnelson78TaraC73GiovanniMarci
  • Can’t wait to see THE RETURN OF RICK GRIMES BUT THIS TIME WITH A WHOLE NEW ACTOR in a few seasons! Don’t worry guys! Carl may be dead but here’s Judith playing the exact same role! Of Course Jadis, sorry I mean Anne, and the weird Helicopter people who can’t speak in plain sentences will be back!
    TaraC73
  • What’s this I hear about 3 telepics green lit by AMC featuring Andy Lincoln as Rick Grimes and written by Gimple?
    edited November 5
    gguenot said:
    What’s this I hear about 3 telepics green lit by AMC featuring Andy Lincoln as Rick Grimes and written by Gimple?
    Did Gimple say they were going to be written by him?  If so, I missed that part.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Lucy just pulled out the football, Fuck! I just got fooled again! 

One thing that kid can't fire the Python.
    russkellyTaraC73
    gguenot said:
    What’s this I hear about 3 telepics green lit by AMC featuring Andy Lincoln as Rick Grimes and written by Gimple?
    Yet another time when we need a sad/cry react on these forums...
  • Feature Films?! Who the fuck is going to watch a feature film by Scott Fucking Gimple?! I can’t fucking believe they’ve pulled this shit again! And I fucking fell for it too!
  • As usual sacrificing the story for the promise of more money. Should’ve fucking known. 
    TaraC73
  • Can’t wait to see how they write Maggie of the show! Maybe she’ll get on a helicopter too!
  • I actually really dug this move! Kang has made it interesting again. I don’t know how, but these fuckers have managed to pull me back in. This may not be a popular opinion, but I’m excited to see where this goes! Show, movies and all.
    MichelleTaraC73GruffyWinters
  • It’s goddamn “Welcome to the Tombs” all over again and it’s not even the mid season finale! And the worst part is this was great fucking episode until the very end!
    TaraC73
  • GODDAMMIT! 

I was all-in on the guys killing the podcast, but now I NEED to hear their thoughts on these 5 episodes.

I hope they do something special for it as a collective retrospective on the first 5 episodes in totality, if even just on Bald Move TV.
    blue_sleevebnelson78TaraC73GruffyWintersCodyHarris821Deek_Fasayped185
  • Fuck Scott Gimple, Fuck Greg Nicotero, Fuck Matthew Negrete, and Fuck AMC for once again proving that no matter how good TWD gets, they’ll always be there to pull it back down into mediocrity. 
    JTKIII
    The Shane scene was fantastic. Made me actually miss him. And him saying that Rick was looking for HIS family?? Amazing.
    blue_sleeverusskellybnelson78vik83hTaraC73Vumeister