Louie!

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Thought I'd throw up a thread to see what you thought about the first episode of the new season. Discuss!

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Haha, this is why we don't cover the show. Wow, what do you even say about that?
  • historicstorkhistoricstork Detroitburbs
    what the hell is that first potluck he stumbled into?
  • historicstorkhistoricstork Detroitburbs
    edited April 2015

Haha, this is why we don't cover the show. Wow, what do you even say about that?

i'm time shifted a little. surely more will start pouring in eventually.

If Mad Men is about a charismatic guy who always knows what to say, Louie is about a very non-charismatic guy who always trips over his words and somehow still gets laid on a surprisingly regular basis. Plus you get to see some jokes.
    AntManBee
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited April 2015
    I'm a louie fan but not big enough to watch episode by episode. Usually binge it over a couple weeks when the season is over. Its a good comedy to binge given the episodes usually link together into a single overarching story/theme. 
  • I did LOL quite a bit, but as soon as he met the surrogate mother on the street, I knew exactly what would happen afterwards.
    hypergenesb
  • Haha, this is why we don't cover the show. Wow, what do you even say about that?

Wish you guys would. Need a comedy pod for a change of pace. Next to Mad Men, this is the best thing out there. Great first episode even with high expectations.
  • hypergenesbhypergenesb Atlanta
    edited April 2015
    @A_Ron_Hubbard - Maybe you guys could do a Silicon Valley, Veep, Louie, Broad City etc - good comedy roundup on BMTV. I mean, in all your spare time. 

p.s. I loved this episode. Like @historicstork, I'm curious about the first potluck. What the hell was that?

The_Third_Man
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    I was cracking up during this episode. "...and then you went and jizzed all over his face!"

Judy Gold (another stand up) was great as the irate mother to be.

The penguin joke at the end was a quick one that worked quite well too.
    hypergenesbAntManBee
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    "I didn't cum..."