809 - Fire and Reign

Written and directed by Ryan Murphy's Twitter feed.
Michellecdrivealina_macElisa

Comments

• Looks like we've got a "The Romanoffs" crossover here

Also, i'm sure the question everyone is asking is HOW THE HELL DO THEY WRAP THIS UP IN ONE EPISODE
    alina_macElisa
  • So they’re going with reversing time. That’s gotta be how they wrap it up. Why not just go back to warnthe warlocks that he’s the antichrist before they train him to use his power.
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 8
    Joan Collins dropping the f-bomb is everything I didn't know I needed.
    Also, nice little dig about the antichrist becoming the President.  :wink:

Elisa
  • alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    The episodes of AHS: Apocalypse are hard to judge because this ENTIRE season has been exposition. We were teased that the plot would be a post-apocalyptic showdown between the witches and the anti-christ, but the first few episodes were about Ms. Venable and the bunker and everything after that (or is it "before" that?) have been about how the anti-christ caused the apocalypse and the witches couldn't stop it. I feel like a lot of stuff this season could have been condensed, like that last two episodes into one, but I can't say for sure since I don't know what the full story looks like. Will the season even end at the present day standoff?

Elisa
  • If Miss Venable's scoliosis gives her balancing problems that require the aid of a cane, she might want to consider more practical footwear than 3-inch stilettos. 

Also, Queenie should have cut off her arm to amputate RoboMeade's gun arm. But I guess hindsight is 20/20.

I feel like the show wasted an awful lot of time on the teenagers in the first few episodes considering they've played no part in the story whatsoever since then. I don't see how the show can circle back to them in the final episode that makes them relevant in any significant way.
    alina_macElisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 9
    @Cecily might just have her Asylum reference after all.  While watching the Romanov scene last night, it reminded me of the Anne Frank storyline from Asylum and her flashbacks to Auschwitz.  I mean, it might be a reach but it might be something?  Otherwise...

Cecily
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I totally agree that this and last week's episode should have been combined.  I did enjoy this week's episode a lot more due to the action and Romanoffs flashback.  The time travel and sacred exchange notions mentioned by Cordelia and Myrtle may help end this season and bring us full circle to episode 1. Can't wait for the season finale.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    That Season Finale promo was totally taken over by .....