Great British Baking Show Season 6

New season just dropped anyone in full binge mode?
Michelle

Comments

• My gf and I are working our way through the 5th (according to Netflix) season right now, then it's onto the new one.
  • I feel like I’d enjoy this show a lot. I might binge it over Christmas break. 
  • Watched a few already, Paul gives out handshakes so often its like it doesn’t even mean anything, I feel he’s going to reach through the screen and offer me a handshake 
    Michellerusskelly
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I'm so glad you posted this!  I didn't know the new season was out.  Binge mode in full effect!
  • adobo1148 said:
    Watched a few already, Paul gives out handshakes so often its like it doesn’t even mean anything, I feel he’s going to reach through the screen and offer me a handshake 
    Yeah, he really upped the number of handshakes beginning in season 5.  I feel like it was a producer note: "Hey Paul, people love your handshakes.  You should do them more often"  Definitely makes it feel less special.
    russkelly
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Handshakes just get worse. Season 9 (no idea if that's in the US yet?) I've just ignored them.
  • I really enjoy watching this, I don’t know if its the frantic music as the bakers rush to decorate cakes just as they take it out of the oven, maybe its how adorable brits sound when they get frazzled over icing their biscuits, Dang its just so comforting. I still dont know a frangipan, from a genoise, from a fucking bavioire, its still so entertaining . Im curious if the show will ever have a yankee baker/contestant since They’ve had expats from other countries. 
  • It’s like TV Xanax for me. I love it. 
    adobo1148JaimieT
  • adobo1148 said:
    I really enjoy watching this, I don’t know if its the frantic music as the bakers rush to decorate cakes just as they take it out of the oven, maybe its how adorable brits sound when they get frazzled over icing their biscuits, Dang its just so comforting. I still dont know a frangipan, from a genoise, from a fucking bavioire, its still so entertaining . Im curious if the show will ever have a yankee baker/contestant since They’ve had expats from other countries. 
    I'm afraid there were no Americans in Season 9 (There was a French lady and an Indian chap but no Americans :( ) but all is not lost! If you can track down a set of 4 celebrity specials from earlier this year (I think it was March), Teri Hatcher was on it and she really knows her stuff! I was really impressed!
  • JaimieT said:
    Handshakes just get worse. Season 9 (no idea if that's in the US yet?) I've just ignored them.
    I couldn't agree more.. Season 9, if you DIDN'T get a handshake for your signature, you had to watch your back!!
    JaimieT
  • Why can't they get them an effing air conditioned tent?? No ganache is gonna be setting when it's 90 degrees out!!

Jimrusskelly
  • MrX said:
    Why can't they get them an effing air conditioned tent?? No ganache is gonna be setting when it's 90 degrees out!!

I know, right!? This is one of the few things the show does that feels like they only do it to create artificial drama.  It drives me crazy!  

Overall, this was a great season though.  I just finished it earlier today and I feel like I got more attached to the bakers than I have in a while.  

• Shum said:
    MrX said:
    Why can't they get them an effing air conditioned tent?? No ganache is gonna be setting when it's 90 degrees out!!

I know, right!? This is one of the few things the show does that feels like they only do it to create artificial drama.  It drives me crazy!  

Overall, this was a great season though.  I just finished it earlier today and I feel like I got more attached to the bakers than I have in a while.  
    I just have the finale to watch, I can't  wait!
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
     Heard so much about this shell. So, how many seasons are there and what channel does it air on? 
  • There are 6 seasons on Netflix 
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    There are actually 7 seasons on Netflix.  6 are under the title "The Great British Baking Show" and then there is a separate show called "The Great British Baking Show - The Beginnings".

Apparently, they've aired in America in a completely different order than over in the UK:

Under "The Great British Baking Show"

Season 1 was Series 5 in UK
    Season 2 was Series 4 in UK
    Season 3 was Series 6 in UK
    Season 4 was Series 7 in UK
    Season 5 was Series 8 in UK
    Season 6 Was Series 9 in UK

Under "The Great British Baking Show - The Beginnings"

Season 1 was Series 3 in UK

No idea if we'll be getting Series 1 or 2 on Netflix at some point?

And I totally agree with PP above who said the show is like TV Xanax...I can't help but have a smile on my face when I put this show on <span>:smiley:</span>.  I'm still not completely through Season 6 on Netflix, but I loved all the bakers this season so much I don't even care who wins.
    Shum
  • Oh you’re right I forgot about the earliest season