Season 8 officially premiering April 2019

After all of the speculation that it could be mid Summer before S8 premieres, due to some SFX director mentioning the show not being eligible for the 2019 Emmy's, HBO has officially released a promo stating that season 8 will air April 2019.



Flukesgguenotrkcrawfsaraej319Elisatom_g

Comments

  • Is this where I get aboard the hype train? Because I'm pretty hype right now. 
    MurderbearElisa
  • Dummy said:
    Is this where I get aboard the hype train? Because I'm pretty hype right now. 
    ALL ABOARD!








    Dummysaraej319FlukesMurderbearElisaMattyWeavesgguenotOliviaD
  • I'm really glad they are going with the classic spring airing. It's just too perfect, both for viewership numbers and the general theme of "A Dream of Spring".
    Flukessaraej319MurderbearElisa
  • Any guesses on actual premier date? A quick Google search tells me the deadline for the Emmy's is 5/31/2019 (but I could be wrong), so maybe an air date no later than 4/28?
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited November 2018
    saraej319 said:
    Any guesses on actual premier date? A quick Google search tells me the deadline for the Emmy's is 5/31/2019 (but I could be wrong), so maybe an air date no later than 4/28?
    From what has always been my understanding, only so many episodes need to have aired before 5/31 in order for the season to be eligible, but the entire season doesn't have to air before then. So I don't think that's a big deal. Here is an article talking about that.

    https://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/2018-emmys-eligibility-period-westworld-the-handmaids-tale-news/
    saraej319
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited November 2018
    My blind speculation is April 14th. But honestly, I've always contended that, even with the extra time they need for SFX work and editing, they could/would have the episodes ready to air by at least the end of 2018 or beginning of 2019 if they needed to (they completed ALL final filming during the Summer and most of the filming was completed even before that last Winter/Spring).
    However, those are just horrible air dates for such a popular show, contending with the holidays, NFL playoffs, etc. Plus HBO already has True Detective season 3 slotted in that early 2019 spot. 

    So, I think it will just depend not on when they have the episodes ready, but if there is another big show HBO still has wrapping in early April.
  • AMA with Nutter on Reddit right now
  • First initial thought is to think is far away but my advice to everyone is to enjoy the leadup to the final season. It’s going to be here before you know it and than it’s going to be over. One of the greatest shows in television history is about to wrap up and I’m going to really enjoy this season. 
    Elisa
  • JTKIII said:
    First initial thought is to think is far away but my advice to everyone is to enjoy the leadup to the final season. It’s going to be here before you know it and than it’s going to be over. One of the greatest shows in television history is about to wrap up and I’m going to really enjoy this season. 
    The wife and I might be driving to the next state over for a watch party with some friends/family on the Sunday premiere and taking off work that following Monday. That's something I would have never considered doing for any TV event that isn't a major sporting event with my favorite team involved.

    We definitely aren't taking this season for granted. Hope it doesn't disappoint.
  • Bald Move should host a watch party for the premiere (or finale). Do it up for the final season! I bet you could get a good crowd to attend.
    All the ChickensLeahra821
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    April 14th sounds good, but the 21st is Easter and HBO loves doing crazy shit on Easter Sunday.
  • April 14th sounds good, but the 21st is Easter and HBO loves doing crazy shit on Easter Sunday.
    The heathens.
    Elisa
  • I'm kinda disappointed that the tagline is #ForTheThrone, instead of #ForTheRealm as I was hoping the safety of the world as a whole and new forms of government were more important than just whoever gets the throne but we'll see. 
    ElisaKate23Giovannibudesigns
  • JTKIII said:
    First initial thought is to think is far away but my advice to everyone is to enjoy the leadup to the final season. It’s going to be here before you know it and than it’s going to be over. One of the greatest shows in television history is about to wrap up and I’m going to really enjoy this season. 
    There have been other tv "events" like the last episode of MASH or the whole series of Roots or The Day After, but none with the reddit/YouTube/podcast support of this thing. Which makes it kind of amazing that there are people who have no interest in it! 
    Gonna start my gazillionth rewatch after the new year, & console myself with the promised prequels.
  • Gan said:
    I'm kinda disappointed that the tagline is #ForTheThrone, instead of #ForTheRealm as I was hoping the safety of the world as a whole and new forms of government were more important than just whoever gets the throne but we'll see. 
    It's not Game of Realms, @Gan ; ;)
    djcaudle01Naugustine
  • gguenot said:
    Gan said:
    I'm kinda disappointed that the tagline is #ForTheThrone, instead of #ForTheRealm as I was hoping the safety of the world as a whole and new forms of government were more important than just whoever gets the throne but we'll see. 
    It's not Game of Realms, @Gan ; ;)
    Swear to Gawd I was about to post this same....exact......comment...

    WINKIE FACE AND ALL!! 

    When you play the game of forums, you win, or you watch gguenot steal your joke.
    gguenotKate23Underwood
  • gguenot said:
    Gan said:
    I'm kinda disappointed that the tagline is #ForTheThrone, instead of #ForTheRealm as I was hoping the safety of the world as a whole and new forms of government were more important than just whoever gets the throne but we'll see. 
    It's not Game of Realms, @Gan ; ;)
    Swear to Gawd I was about to post this same....exact......comment...

    WINKIE FACE AND ALL!! 

    When you play the game of forums, you win, or you watch gguenot steal your joke.
    Haha that’s so funny! That’s happened to me here too  :p
    djcaudle01
  • JTKIII said:
    First initial thought is to think is far away but my advice to everyone is to enjoy the leadup to the final season. It’s going to be here before you know it and than it’s going to be over. One of the greatest shows in television history is about to wrap up and I’m going to really enjoy this season. 
    This has been my favorite book series since the late 90's. While I really like the show, is also left me disappointed. Especially these last couple of seasons where everything seemed to be rushed unnecessarily. Maybe it could never live up to my expectations, but there are a bunch of TV shows I consider to be better (BB, Wire Mad Men etc). In any case, looking forward to 'a' ending. 
Sign In or Register to comment.