Happy Thanksgiving!

Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
Happy Thanksgiving to the Bald Move community! Grateful for the podcasts...grateful that the guys are able to work it full time...grateful for the inspiration to start my own podcast...grateful for the great people this community has brought together.

Now, back to stuffin' thangs...
tom_gJoshuaHeterA_Ron_HubbardMichelleChinaski

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  Hopefully your day is like this:

and not like this:

:lol: :heart:
    CapeGabeJoshuaHeterA_Ron_HubbardDoctor_NickChinaskicdrive
  • I hope everyone enjoys not talking politics with their nearest and dearest, but seriously Happy Thanksgiving to the Bald Move Community 
    JoshuaHeterA_Ron_HubbardMichelleChinaski
  • edited November 22
    adobo1148 said:
    I hope everyone enjoys not talking politics with their nearest and dearest, but seriously Happy Thanksgiving to the Bald Move Community 

So you're the one who says to the rest of the family as you are leaving, "So, how about that Trump? Think Hillary will run again? Happy Thanksgiving! See you later."? 
    adobo1148A_Ron_HubbardChinaski
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Hope everyone here has a wonderful holiday! 
    adobo1148cdriveJoshuaHeterA_Ron_HubbardMichelleChinaski
  • Looking forward to hearing, "As God is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly"
    CapeGabeFrakkin TA_Ron_Hubbardcdrive
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    Happy thanksgiving! Love you guys!
    Frakkin TA_Ron_HubbardMichellecdrive
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    The only thing that matters this Thanksgiving...

Frakkin TKate23Garthgou81A_Ron_HubbardChinaskicdrive
  • edited November 21
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Sharing my favorite apple pie recipe, I can usually get 2 round ones out of it (home and away ;) )
    I hope the boys and the rest of you enjoy your break!

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015423-apple-cranberry-slab-pie
    Frakkin TA_Ron_HubbardMichellecdrive
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited November 22
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Shout out to the best Turkey Day episode ever, "Thanksgiving Orphans" from season 5 of Cheers: 

Shelley Long, man, she was one of a kind
    Kate23tom_gA_Ron_HubbardMichellecdrive
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    tom_g said:
    Looking forward to hearing, "As God is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly"
    WOW that one brings me back 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    The only thing that matters this Thanksgiving...

I didn't know about this! Awesome. Though I hope they replay it, so when I am not with family I can give it a look. 
    MattyWeaves
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited November 22
    Happy thanksgiving to everyone. It’s very hard being away from my family living half way across the world but I love all of them. 

However, I am so thankful for the life I have and thankful for everything I have received. I am blessed to live in one of the greatest countries on the planet and have my own family. I love my life and truly feel blessed for everything I have received. I’m so thankful for my life. 

To my beautiful Wife Mary: you go out of your way to make my holidays special and make me feel happy. You know these holidays mean a lot to me and you put all your love into them. The thought and love you put into this I cannot repay. The sacrifices you make for the family doesn’t go unnoticed. We all know what you sacrifice and go through to be the best mom and Wife on the planet. I love you so much. I don’t think I deserve you. Thank you. 

To My beautiful boys Payton and Caleb. I’m so proud to be your Father. So proud to play with you and be blessed to have you as my best friends. You teach me as much as I teach you. Both of you have grown up so quick but you’re both great kids that know right from wrong and I’m so proud that I’m you’re daddy. 
    You are the reason  that gets me up in the morning and makes me work hard to be a better person. You are the reason I want to set the best example possible. I want to give all of you the best life possible. 

Thanksgiving is the time to appreciate what you have. If you are reading this then you have it better than most of the world. Don’t complain about what you don’t have and be thankful for what you do. Be a good person. Help others out. We’re all human. I just wish we could all see it that way.
    cdriveJaimieTMichelleNoelA_Ron_HubbardChinaskiKate23
    @Garthgou81iI believe it will be 'on demamd' at some point when it's over. Might as well mention he's also doing a Christmas one!
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all the American Bald Movers. I hope the holiday season finds you and yours safe, secure, and happy. This community means a lot to me and I am thankful for all of you.
    JoshuaHeterMichelleA_Ron_Hubbardcdrive
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    @Garthgou81iI believe it will be 'on demamd' at some point when it's over. Might as well mention he's also doing a Christmas one!
    I saw that! And apparently regular show sometime next year. I am so excited. If they brought back a Friday Night Drive in with Briggs, my Fridays would constantly be spoken for.  The turnout must've been huge for the marathon because they kept making such a big deal that this would really be his last. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    edited November 22
    Happy Thanksgiving from Bald Move! 

FlukesMichelleChinaskiNoelKate23cdriveJTKIII
    Happy Thanksgiving, fam!  :)

MattyWeavesFlukesKate23cdrive
  • edited November 22
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

MichelleChinaskicdrive
    Michelle said:

Happy Thanksgiving, fam!  :)

I really appreciate they're watching Charlie Brown. I'd like to imagine they watched the Thanksgiving part then ignored the second half.
    Michellecdrive
  • Happy Thanksgiving!! 
    MichelleChinaskicdrive
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    happy thanksgiving bald move peeps. hope you all have a great day.

p.s. GO BEARS!
    Michellecdrive
  • edited November 23
    Happy thanksgiving everybody!!! And @Chinaski we could have one hell of an interesting game at the very end of the season (Vikes vs. Bears)

p.s. SKOL Vikings
    cdriveChinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited November 23
    Thankful for such a rad community and the stand-up guys who are our hosts.  This place is like an oasis and you all make at least one little corner of the Internet fun again.  Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving to all the Bald Move folks.  
    ChinaskiMichelle
    The view from my sister's backyard.  Hope you all had a lovely day.  :)

FlukesNoelDummy
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    So do you guys have another big spread for Christmas or is this your main one? And if you do - what do you eat at the Christmas lunch/dinner? Turkey again? 
    darwinfeeshyMichelleNoel
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited November 23
    Dee said:
    So do you guys have another big spread for Christmas or is this your main one? And if you do - what do you eat at the Christmas lunch/dinner? Turkey again? 
    Same thing as Thanksgiving. It's really just another Thanksgiving meal in my family. Whenever I get around to having a family of my own, one of the hills I'll die on in the marriage is changing this tradition. In FreddyC's house, Thanksgiving is turkey with all the fixings, and Christmas is prime rib with all the fixings (specifically, Yorkshire pudding). Also, no repeating of sides or dessert items. Get out of here, pumpkin and pecan pie! You losers had your day in the sun this year. Make way for the tiramisu and creme brulee!

Fun fact: Back when my parents were kid-less, they used to skip Thanksgiving and treat themselves to a homemade lobster dinner. Both of them disliked traditional holiday foods, and really hated traditional holiday get-togethers. Sacrificed their favorite holiday tradition in order to make us kids real red blooded Americans. What I wouldn't give for footage of when they told their parents. "Yeah, so we're not coming to Thanksgiving anymore. It's not that we don't love you, we just love eating lobster and getting stoned and drunk at home more."

@Dee Question for you (and the other native Australians): Have you ever had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner? Homemade dressing is one of my favorite foods, and I can't imagine a life without it.
    DeeMichelleKate23
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Freddy No, we don’t do Thanksgiving as it’s specifically American (unlike other holidays we all stole from various pagan shenanigans). All I know is you eat turkey and pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce in a can, which I don’t think we even have. Also, our seasons are backwards so pumpkins aren’t in season here until March/April. I wish we had something similar - I love the idea of having a day off work and stuffing my face. 

Tell me more about this homemade dressing.
  • edited November 23
    @Dee ;

Yeah, Christmas spread is pretty much exactly the same as Thanksgiving spread, except Christmas has little to no turkey. Instead, it usually has ham as the main meat dish. Also, Christmas cookies are a big part of Christmas food.

MichelleFlukesDee
  • We had Indian food this year for TG and will probably have it for Xmas too lol. But normally we do traditional TG food for TG and Infian for Xmas 
    MichelleDee
    edited November 23
    Dee said:
    We usually do a turkey for Thanksgiving and ham & prime rib for Christmas.  The sides are all typically the same (potatoes, veg, rolls, etc.), except the stuffing and cranberry (never from a can!) which we only do at Thanksgiving.
    gguenotDee