A Very Giamatti Christmas 2018

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Jim and I are up to more holiday schenannigans this year! Live watches and podcasts of Paul Giammati Christmas movies. Extra drunken lunches with gift giving and merriment. And our most ambitious jackassery yet: an 8 day extravaganza, "One Man Manger", starring Giamattiman himself!

You won't want to miss this! And to celebrate, we're offering 25% off new yearly Club Memberships from now to til New Year's Day. I'm so sorry that we still haven't got it worked out so that existing members can re-up at the discounted rates. We tried really hard, but our programmer just didn't have the time available to dedicate to the update needed in time to get it tested properly. I promise we'll have it ready for the next one. Or, I don't know, I'll resign from Bald Move! Yeah, that's the ticket. 

Oh, and if you sign up before December 1st, you're gauranteed to receive a Bald Move Christmas card! Last year Jim dressed up as a sassy elf and sat on Santa A.Ron's lap. God only knows what we'll do this year. So if you want your mail carrier to think you have weird and offputting friends, make sure to sign up today!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everybody! We've been working for months on this, and I can't wait for you all to see it!
DoubleA_RonDeeShumhisdudeness915Alkaid13MattyWeavescdriveMichelleKela15JaimieTand 18 others.

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I saw the change to the Bald Move homepage earlier today and wanted to start a thread about this. But since I really knew nothing about what you boys have planned and didn't want to step on any toes. I figured I would wait. Can't wait to see what is in store. 
    MattyWeavesmjmullady
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I was hoping for another Christmas card! I panicked and realized last week I never changed my address when I moved so I'm glad to hear it should be fine.

If I had more budget this year I was going to send the boys an advent calendar to replace their alcohol themed one. I was thinking of the Nutcracker Nail Polish Advent Calendar, or maybe a bath bomb one.

Always next year.
  • I am not drinking any fucking eggnog!!!!!!!
    cdriveMichelleMurderbearJaimieTNoelFlukes
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    Man I've been looking forward to a Fred Claus livewatch ever since they did Jingle All The Way. It's gonna be great.
  • This is my first holiday season as a bald mover and I have to say, what you guys have created here is just friggin amazing and I can't thank you enough.
    Lets just start with the high quality, non-condescending, podcast conversations, as well as your respect during feedback that reminds me of my dad saying "no such thing as a stupid question"...that alone would put you in a league of your own. But add in everything else and we get something for everybody, in all directions and tastes---except diskishness, which makes this also a safe place to nose around and speak up. 
    Are you guys crazy? This is the season to slow down, hang back, and rest on your laurels....but you don't! The only explanation must be that you love what you do, so I just want to say right back at you, and thank you. 

p.s., love Giamatti, he's always been one of my "who'd you want to have dinner with" people
    MurderbeargguenotA_Ron_HubbardMichelleJimNaugustineFlukesFreddyLordByUnderwoodand 3 others.
  • 2nd what Kate says. All in favor say “aye!”
    MichelleFlukesKate23Dee
  • Kate23 said:
    p.s., love Giamatti, he's always been one of my "who'd you want to have dinner with" people
    Speaking of dinner with Giamatti, have you ever seen At Home with Amy Sedaris? It's a very weird/absurdist take on home cooking type shows with a lot of great cameos.

Couldn't find it isolated but I think the episode is currently free here:
    https://www.trutv.com/full-episodes/at-home-with-amy-sedaris/2134841/index.html

Giamatti's skit is at 19:30 (be sure to watch to the end). Probably not the dinner you'd want though. 

Kate23
  • @johnnytruant I have not but I never get tired of Amy so thanks for the link!
  • Are you guys doing another whiskey tasting/rating thing? Cause that was fun
    mac.maguire
  • edited December 1
    Didn't know about the yearly membership. Signed up today. Perfect timing too because my credit card number changed and I screwed you guys out of $5 last month. My bad. 

Pumped for the Xmas card
    cdriveA_Ron_Hubbardmjmullady
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Getting my holiday movie on and going back and doing the Home Alone live watch tonight. Cheers!
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    Every time someone brings up Giamatti, all I can think of is... W, ENNNN, B, C!

mjmulladyhisdudeness915
  • gguenot said:
    Are you guys doing another whiskey tasting/rating thing? Cause that was fun
    Well I guess my Q was A-ed with this weeks vid
    Michelle
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    What platform are you guys watching Fred Claus on? For some reason I'm having a hard time syncing with the feed.
  • It was on amazon.
  • russkelly said:
    Every time someone brings up Giamatti, all I can think of is... W, ENNNN, B, C!

I thought I was the only one.....lol. Pig Vomit!!
  • Will there be a transcript of this work of art? 

Or an illustrated holiday book a la Who's Boat is This Boat??
  • We wrote out a script for the whole thing so it would be trivial to provide a transcript once it's over.  The illustrated holiday book might be a little more difficult.
  • Okey dokey.