Game of Thrones episodes leaked ahead of air date

2»

Comments

• ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    @A_Ron_Hubbard ;The struggle is REAL! (Yes I know #firstworldproblems)

I have HBO and buy all the box sets for the extras and will eventually re-buy whatever jumbo series set they come out with when they are all done, so I have zero fucks to give in the ethical dept.
  • It seems like it would be impossible to do a good podcast week to week if you've already watched a few episodes ahead. It would color your opinion too much.
    Elisa
  • GanGan
    edited April 2015
    @steph_b I disagree

I really enjoyed the Orange is the New Black podcast and House of Cards as well. Also that would suggest all of Netflix's original shows would  make a bad podcast because most people binge watch them. 
  • Welp. I'm glad you got that off your chest, @Gan
  • Just so you know, I wasn't trying to be offensive or mean... I was just trying to say why I disagreed.. :L
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @A_Ron_Hubbard Once a sheep stealer, always a sheep stealer.
    pavlovsbellA_Ron_Hubbard
  • steph_bsteph_b Austin
    edited April 2015
    It would totally kill the part where they speculate about what will happen in the upcoming week. Sure, we will still have analysis of the actual events of the show but one of the best parts of watching week to week rather than binging is speculating all week long about what it all means and what happens next. All of that is lost to the podcast if ARon binges. I'm sure they will still turn out a good podcast but something will be lost.

That said, I don't typically listen to podcasts of binge watched shows. I go to podcasts to fill in the gap week to week. But that's just me. Maybe I'm alone in that.
    SlytherinSisterCory
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    I know its first world problems but we are really the red headed step child when it comes to affordable content as well as access to quality internet speeds in Australia. As @Dee mentioned we only got a cut down version of Netflix this month (the only reason it hadn't launched was Netflix didn't believe our networks could handle it) but it doesn't even get you the new season of Orange because our cable network Foxtel have exclusive rights to it. 

HBO Go is not even on the cards but the recent deal with Apple TV may mean it will eventually make its way here and it will change the game here when it happens
  • @ steph_b. I'm with you. I love looking forward to the next episode and hearing all the speculations and crazy theories. And I love watching an insanely awesome episode of television and being able to appreciated it for a week. It's really hard to pick out great episodes of the Netflix shows because they all blend together.

steph_bElisa
  • @Gan my aplogies. That was really assholey of me. You're right. They can still do a good cast if they're spoiled. I just think it would be better if they arent.
  • steph_b said:

It seems like it would be impossible to do a good podcast week to week if you've already watched a few episodes ahead. It would color your opinion too much.

I don't think it will matter too much considering A.Ron is ahead in the books of GoT (and also The Walking Dead) and he still manages to keep things "mildly interesting" for show viewers and Jim. I think he's got a good handle on moderating and limiting the sporelores each week.
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited April 2015
    It's a shame these episode got leaked really as  HBO were making good moves toward combating the main reasons people prirate , they're making GOT available on HBO Go which is available in the UK + international screening times. Although it sounds like that's not happening in Australia from what you guys are saying.

If the networks ever finally wake up and realise that people will pay for premium content as long as it's accessible, internationally at the same time, this might not have happened. Most people who have watched the episodes would rather have seen it on a wide screen in HD & 90% would have been happy paying for it. 

Unless content producers start thinking outside the box in terms of how they distribute, this is only going to keep happening regardless of how many lawsuits they bring,  it's like prohibition, people will just keep on doing it

I don't think anyone has done anythign wrong by watching them, especially if you're paying for a premium service through which they're legitimately released anyway.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    IF we took advantage of the screeners, we'd definitely pre-record our Instant and main casts segments in between going on to the next one.  Kind of how we do with House of Cards.   Then we'd just append the feedback for each week. I binged on Orange ahead of the recording schedule (because once I got started, I couldn't help myself), and I think that turned out mostly okay.  It's not terribly hard to do a cast without using knowledge of what's to come, but it's also not ideal, and it does take away a bit from the organic nature of how we do it.

But, it would be weird.  Like I said, I don't think we'll do it.  The most compelling argument is to avoid being spoiled by people who have seen it, but I don't care much being a book reader and being fairly spoiler agnostic.
    steph_b
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    I watched them all. Holy shit they were good. I streamed it. Quality was good. I'm not sorry as here in UK you have to be tied to expensive package to get the show. I cannot afford that.
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited April 2015
    Hey @MmmBop I dont have SKY either, don't really even want it. They've launched the equivalent of HBO go here called NOW TV  , I've had it before and will resubscribe in O I dunno maybe 3 or 4 weeks time :), no contract either so you can just cancel when they're out of peak season.

I think it's fine streaming it online anyway, but for the GOT season Now TV is worth having for the quality and not insanely expensive either
    MmmBop
    edited April 2015
    @FlashGordon I have heard of the now tv actually, wasn't sure if it was any good. How expensive is not expensive? ;-/
  • @MmmBop Click his link noob. :p It said £6.99/month. I liked the idea of HBO Now until I saw it had a stupid exclusive Apple TV deal for the first 3 months (in the US at least) so fuck 'em. 
    MmmBop
    @FlashGordon Thanks for link. @ghm3 Oops thanks, I missed that link. Going to have a read up now.
  • @ghm3 Yup no apple TV obligatory bullllshit over here, I'm free to play it through my vastly inferior chrome-cast :)

No worries @MmmBop

MmmBop
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Meanwhile, in Canada... 

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/04/08/hbo-now-canada-cravetv-bell_n_7028154.html

"And the catch? You need a subscription to Bell's TV services to get CraveTV, or a subscription to one of the handful of other TV providers that have so far started offering it, such as Eastlink, Telus Optik and Northwestel (Bell hopes to get all TV providers on board). The cable/satellite TV era endures in Canada. At least for now."

This is the kind of bullshit I'm talking about.  You want this one good thing (HBO programming)?  You must buy all this other poor quality garbage or we won't sell it to you.
    ArctorCoryFlashGordon
This discussion has been closed.