Sepinwall's The 20 Best Shows Made For Streaming

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/20-best-streaming-original-shows-so-far-757702/

20. Jessica Jones (Netflix)

19.  The Kominsky Method (Netflix)

18. Casual (Hulu)

17. Bosch (Amazon))

15. The Crown (Netflix)

14. Lady Dynamite (Netflix)

13. GLOW (Netflix)

12. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon)

11. Stranger Things (Netflix)

10. Homecoming (Amazon)

9. One Mississippi (Amazon)

8. One Day at a Time (Netflix)

7. The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)

6. Orange Is the New Black (Netflix)

5. American Vandal (Netflix)

4. Big Mouth (Netflix)

3. Master of None (Netflix)

2. Transparent (Amazon)

1. BoJack Horseman (Netflix)

Travis

Comments

• TravisTravis CA
    edited November 30
    I get it. They're more niche-y, but I would have loved to see Difficult People and/or Alone Together on here. Surprised that Mozart in the Jungle didn't make the cut. Great show.

I really need to get on the BoJack thing. I really liked the one that we saw. 
    ElisaGeorge
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited November 30
    BoJack regularly becomes brutally sad. But it’s a great show.

I’m surprised Bosch made it, I like it, no one really talks about it and it is quite tropey/cliched. 
  • Season One of The Handmaid's Tale is the best of any of the other shows, so I'd put that first. Other than that, I think Stanger Things is pretty low, but everything else I can "see". Not that I would agree with the ranking, but not that far off that I think he's crazy.  
  • Forgot 16...Mindhunter. 

I dunno. Maybe I don’t get “streaming.” Binging I get, as it implies addictiveness. Streaming is maybe an asynchronous viewing or a non-traditional source? No broadcast, even if it’s hbo broadcast?

Id put the Expanse on the list, no matter the criteria. I’d also have Narcos on here. 
    Elisa
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    rkcrawf said:
    Forgot 16...Mindhunter. 

I dunno. Maybe I don’t get “streaming.” Binging I get, as it implies addictiveness. Streaming is maybe an asynchronous viewing or a non-traditional source? No broadcast, even if it’s hbo broadcast?

Id put the Expanse on the list, no matter the criteria. I’d also have Narcos on here. 
    Yeah, it is a weird way of phrasing that. I initially thought he was trying to say the most bingable shows. But each of those is exclusive to their online network. So I think that is how he is categorizing them. 
    rkcrawf
  • Yeah, the Expanse doesn't count, it was made for Syfy not a streaming network.

I'm also 3 or 4 episodes into Homecoming, I'm not sure it deserves to be on the list.  
    Elisa