Golden Globe Nominations: Complete List

Comments

• Patricia Clarkson over Eliza Scanlen for supporting is a travesty and eighth grade not getting screenplay is ridiculous. Baldies are all I care about. And too be honest Bo should be on there for best director IMO.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Thoughts:

• Didn't know there is a movie for If Beale Street Could Talk coming out. Stoked!
    • BlacKKKlansmen better win some shit
    • Rooting for Crazy Rich Asians.  Watched it last weekend.
    • Wanna see Roma
    • Sharp Objects better win some shit

pavlovsbellElisarusskelly
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited December 6
    Better Call Saul must have been ineligible, otherwise where's Rhea Seehorn? She earned a shelf's worth of awards with her performance this year.
    Dummy
  • No Atlanta for best comedy show? That's nuts. I am glad Barry and The Good Place made it in. 
    DummypavlovsbellNoelElisarusskelly
  • Apparently the Cheney movie (Vice) is going to be really good
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    The GG's are even lower stakes to me than the Emmy's.  I'm more like J&A and do not care for any awards shows besides the oscars, so I know this isn't made for me.

I have a question, do you all actually watch or care about the GG's, Tony awards and all of the other random shows?  

I'm not being a smartass, I'm just curious. 
    Kate23Elisa
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    rhcoop said:
    The GG's are even lower stakes to me than the Emmy's.  I'm more like J&A and do not care for any awards shows besides the oscars, so I know this isn't made for me.

I have a question, do you all actually watch or care about the GG's, Tony awards and all of the other random shows?  

i'll background watch the GG's and Oscars if there's nothing else on.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    ncat said:
    Patricia Clarkson over Eliza Scanlen for supporting is a travesty and eighth grade not getting screenplay is ridiculous. Baldies are all I care about. And too be honest Bo should be on there for best director IMO.
    Patricia Clarkson over Eliza Scanlen is the correct choice. I 100% agree with you about Eighth Grade and Mr Burnham though!
  • ncat said:
    Patricia Clarkson over Eliza Scanlen for supporting is a travesty and eighth grade not getting screenplay is ridiculous. Baldies are all I care about. And too be honest Bo should be on there for best director IMO.
    Patricia Clarkson over Eliza Scanlen is the correct choice. I 100% agree with you about Eighth Grade and Mr Burnham though!
    That's fair Clarkson was pretty awesome too. It is more of a I have never seen her before and she did so well that gave Scanlen an edge for more. Novelty bias or something like that.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    edited December 6
    rhcoop said:

I used to dismiss awards shows as mostly just self-congratulatory popularity contests, but I pay attention to them now because with issues of diversity and inclusivity and abuse of power in Hollywood, they are important both culturally and politically. Even just getting nominated is important for the individuals because it gives them more recognition and more power. It's important for us because when people like Sandra Oh and Constance Wu get nominated, it's not just history-making, but it also means that Oh and Wu will get offered more leading roles and can command more money and hopefully power. Black Panther, Crazy Rich Asians, and Pose getting nominated means so much to those of us who aren't used to seeing ourselves or our stories on either the big or little screen. It's both inspiring, and it hopefully leads to more representation. 

Every nomination and win for underrepresented people and communities is important and contributes to a sea change. Yes, I want to see my faves rewarded, but this is the main reason I pay attention to award shows.
    ChinaskicdriveElisaMrXrusskelly
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY

MrX said:
    No Atlanta for best comedy show? That's nuts. I am glad Barry and The Good Place made it in. 
    I can't believe that Atlanta was not nominated. I know the GGs like to acknowledge new stuff, but that's ridiculous. Atlanta is arguably the most creative, compelling, and confident show on television. I hope The Good Place wins.
    NoelDummyElisaMrXrusskelly
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Sam Elliot not getting a supporting nom for A Star is Born is damn near criminal. 
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX

MrX said:
    No Atlanta for best comedy show? That's nuts. I am glad Barry and The Good Place made it in. 
    I can't believe that Atlanta was not nominated. I know the GGs like to acknowledge new stuff, but that's ridiculous. Atlanta is arguably the most creative, compelling, and confident show on television. I hope The Good Place wins.
    I will remember “Teddy Perkins” more than any other episode of TV this year
    DummyElisarusskelly
  • Noel said:

MrX said:
    I will remember “Teddy Perkins” more than any other episode of TV this year
    and it might not have even been the best episode of Atlanta this season...
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I know that Barry and The Good Place get a lot of love here, but I'm 100% in on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.  Rachel Brosnahan and Alex Borstein are incredible.  Actually, the entire cast (main and supporting) is on point - and I love Tony Shalhoub as her father Abe.  The writing, the rapid fire delivery and timing, sets, costuming, the whole production is just stellar.

• Not much interest in these BUT Amy Adams had better win dammit. 

Also, for limited series, where's the director award? If a series wins the producers go up, right? That's BS considering what Vallee created.