Anybody watching Nightflyers?

edited December 2018 in Other TV
So I didn't realize that it started up already so I spent a good chunk of my Saturday getting caught up on Nightflyers.  For those that don't know what it is, "Set in the year 2093, Nightflyers is a psychological thriller that follows a team of scientists aboard the Nightflyer, the most advanced ship ever built, as they embark on a journey to find other life forms. Their mission takes them to the edge of the solar system, and to the edge of insanity, as they realize true horror isn’t waiting for them in outer space—it’s already on their ship."  

It's based off a George R.R. Martin novella and it's been pretty decent in my opinion.  I was skeptical with it being on SyFy but then again The Expanse started out on SyFy and that show is amazing.   I haven't heard anyone else bring it up so maybe I'm alone but given the general fandom of Bald Move I think this is right in the general wheelhouse. 

Comments

• Is it any good? I've heard really mixed things about it but I don't really have any other shows right now.
  • Is it any good? I've heard really mixed things about it but I don't really have any other shows right now.
    It's not amazing television but it's definitely interesting and engaging.  The way they started off the series definitely got my attention right away.  I can definitely tell it's on a SyFy network budget but the acting I think is actually pretty decent.  
  • Considering the author I have one question I need answered before wasting a single second: Does it already have an ending?
    Elisa
  • edited December 2018
    CapeGabe said:
    Considering the author I have one question I need answered before wasting a single second: Does it already have an ending?
    I had to google it as I've never read it but it appears as though yes, it's a story with an ending.  It was released as a short novella back in 1980 and had an expanded story the next year. 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I watched episode 1 and I thought it was very convoluted.  It seemed like the premise was withholding information to foward the plot.  Should I give it another try?
  • CapeGabe said:
    Considering the author I have one question I need answered before wasting a single second: Does it already have an ending?
    I had to google it as I've never read it but it appears as though yes, it's a story with an ending.  It was released as a short novella back in 1980 and had an expanded story the next year. 
    I do appreciate the effort but that was my GRRM Sarcasm Reflex. I'm not bitter about the fact that I'll never see A Dream of Spring, no, no, not at all, not bitter at all, I'm fine with waiting 50 years between books, really I am...
    Elisa
  • Elisa said:
    I watched episode 1 and I thought it was very convoluted.  It seemed like the premise was withholding information to foward the plot.  Should I give it another try?
    It's definitely not a show for everyone and it's by no means amazing TV but I find it entertaining and I look forward to the next weeks episode to learn more about what's going on.  The way it's set up is basically a mystery of what happened to lead up to that point it opens with.  I think this show thrives on the audience not exactly knowing what is going on and adds in to it's psychological/sci fi thriller and mystery type of show that it is.