Travelers season 3 (SPOILERS)

Two episodes in to s3 I'm impressed so far.  It's a slow burn so far but things are happening.  The show looks to be avoiding the iZombie s3 problem of changing the formula after the central secret is revealed.

In the last couple of weeks I rewatched s1 and s2.  I was more impressed with the show than I remember.  A well-rounded show with big ideas as well as action and drama.

Comments

• Just saw that was back up, I must watch too many shows because I really need a season recap. I remember positive feelings about it after season two though.
  • Just finished it.  For a while it felt like the season was treading water, then big events started happening.  Worth watching, though personally I find it the weakest of the seasons because it has (eventually) lots of wild stuff happening instead of the tense undercover-ish action of s1-2.  Temporal ailments and nuclear explosions feel more like something at home in comic books.   I worry about modifying the rule about when travelers can be sent will bite the show if there are more seasons.

• I am going to rewatch the S3 opener but I am a little lost. I worked overnight m4vdays straight and sleepy but I found myself finding the plot a little convoluted. Does it get easier/streamlined?
  • I am going to rewatch the S3 opener but I am a little lost. I worked overnight m4vdays straight and sleepy but I found myself finding the plot a little convoluted. Does it get easier/streamlined?
    Yes.  The Travelers are trying to re-establish their secret by drugging/lying to the hostages.  There is a seeming agreement between the Travelers and governments to work together but some in government still want to eliminate the Travelers.  The Director calls in a favor and gets the raid on the Travelers stopped.
    blacksunrise7
  • Maybe I am mistaken about time traveling rules but doesn't it stand to reason that if Marcy just blows 001 away when she has a gun pointed at him the whole timeline would reset because shelter 49 would never revolt if they never had a leader so no nukes in the archives, no dead David, no kidnapped loved ones, and so on and so forth. I like the show but the problem with time travel is the paradoxes and plot holes.