Con Air

so Bill Simmons podcast says they are doing a podcast on Con Air as a great movie....

is this the start of the Bald Move vs BS war? 

Comments

• Nah, Simmons has long spoke about Con Air and his fondness of the movie.  It was only a matter of time.
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I love Con Air, but I also know it’s not a good movie. And I’ve always wondered how Bill judges these films as “good bad” versus just being good. It’s the entire Fast & Furious in a nutshell, everything they do in those films is absurd but so much fun to watch. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited December 2018
    The Fast and Furious franchise is greatness. If I ever have a grandkid, my plan is to sit one of them down at some point and show them the last one ever made (or the the most recent one; that ones batshit crazy enough) immediately followed by the first one. Just to see the look on their face when they rewind from James Bond grade worldwide espionage all the way to a movie that is essentially about hoodlums stealing tv/dvd combos.
    Noel
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    It is a fun movie at best. It is nowhere approaching great. 
  • Freddy said:
    The Fast and Furious franchise is greatness. If I ever have a grandkid, my plan is to sit one of them down at some point and show them the last one ever made (or the the most recent one; that ones batshit crazy enough) immediately followed by the first one. Just to see the look on their face when they rewind from James Bond grade worldwide espionage all the way to a movie that is essentially about hoodlums stealing tv/dvd combos.

And @Freddy, then your grandkid will turn to you and say "what's a TV/DVD combo???"
    hobeybender