This year's best TV shows according to The Guardian

In a feeble attempt to steal the limelight from the Baldies, The Guardian has already chosen the best TV shows of the year.

Interestingly, Sharp Objects barely makes the top 10.
The Deuce comes in at 15, Better Call Saul at 18.

The winner is Killing Eve. Anyone seen it?
Spoiler-free trailer here:

Elisa

Comments

• Not only is A Very English Scandal a show I've never heard of, but it's also #2. I bet this is the entire show summed up

DeeMichelleElisaiMatty94
  • MichelleMichelle California
    The Baldies are so much > The Guardian.  
    The Terror being all the way down at #44 is a glaring example as to why.   Plus, they don't have Jim & Aron in tuxedo t's.  :)
    ElisaDoctor_Nick
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    The Grauniad? Ach, not to be taken too seriously....

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=grauniad

• DeeDee Adelaide
    Dummy said:
    Not only is A Very English Scandal a show I've never heard of, but it's also #2. I bet this is the entire show summed up

It’s pretty much that and some saucy sexcapades with Hugh Grant and Ben Whishaw
    DummyElisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I’m happy to see This Country on the list - I only discovered it recently and binged it over a few days, but it’s my favourite show this year. 
    Elisa
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I just finished Bodyguard on Netflix last night and it is really really good. Might be the best show I've seen this year. Only 6 episodes too. Can be knocked out in a weekend.
    Elisa
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Killing Eve is absolutely AMAZING.
    Elisa
  • Dee said:
    Dummy said:
    Not only is A Very English Scandal a show I've never heard of, but it's also #2. I bet this is the entire show summed up

saucy sexcapades with Hugh Grant and Ben Whishaw
    Well shit. Now I see why it's ranked so high. 
    MichelleDeeElisa
  • amyja89 said:
    Killing Eve is absolutely AMAZING.

I just watched episode 2 and I am really liking it so far.
    Elisa
  • Killing Eve is great but The Little Drummer Girl was tense and gripping too.. The cast are amazing (Michael Shannon, Alex Skaarsgard and a new actor Florence Pugh -who was great) but the first episode can be a little (intentionally so) confusing so definitely watch the first two together.
    Elisa
  • skelterskelter Louisville, KY
    Killing Eve is great but The Little Drummer Girl was tense and gripping too.. The cast are amazing (Michael Shannon, Alex Skaarsgard and a new actor Florence Pugh -who was great) but the first episode can be a little (intentionally so) confusing so definitely watch the first two together.
    I came to this thread just to see if anyone was talking about The LIttle Drummer Girl -- I thought it was amazing.
    I also really enjoyed The Sinner -- but I dont think it got much press.

Elisa