Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
  • Unexpected presents in December!
  • Yup bad news for Aron and Jim. The holiday has to be cut short for an emergency podcast on 29th!
    Dummy
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Yup bad news for Aron and Jim. The holiday has to be cut short for an emergency podcast on 29th!
    I’m down to wait until they get back. The conversation won’t be as hot but I have a lot to catch up on during the break.
  • I honestly have very low expectations for this. The title is off-putting, the concept seems like a gimmick, and there hasn't been much of a break since the last season. I'd put the odds of this being really good at 20%.
    DeeChinaskiJaimieT
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Dummy said:
    I honestly have very low expectations for this. The title is off-putting, the concept seems like a gimmick, and there hasn't been much of a break since the last season. I'd put the odds of this being really good at 20%.
    i can see that. i’m doing a re-watch and some episodes are not good. but the ones that top notch! 
    Dummy
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I don’t know, I can’t think of many episodes I just downright didn’t like. They all have at least something interesting to say with their story or storytelling. Some aren’t exactly barn burners, but it’s a series that I am constantly excited to see coming back with new episodes.
    gguenotNoelGiovanniDummyMichelle
  • Trailer!

ElisaDummyChinaskiMichelle
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited December 2018
    Reni said:
    Trailer!

So it's a ... gritty Zoolander reboot?

gguenotElisaMichelleNoel
  • Reni said:
    Trailer!

I have mixed feelings about this.  Overall I think Black Mirror is a great series but I'm not 100% sure how I feel about what they are doing with this episode or movie or whatever they are considering this. I kind of see this as their new version of USS Callister.  
    Elisa
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    This show is such a shadow of season 1 & 2. @Dummy I put the odds of it being good at 5% for me and 60% for everyone else SIGH. 

I think I need to rewatch that Donald Trump episode though... 
    Dummy
  • I'm so lazy that I'm actually dreading the thought of watching a movie I have to interact with.

#firstworldproblems
    DummyElisa
    I'm so lazy that I'm actually dreading the thought of watching a movie I have to interact with.

#firstworldproblems

I'm so certain I won't like this I don't want to watch the trailer because then I might talk myself out of watching it and miss being miserable.

#neuroticism 
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
  • Damn at the Debbie Downer comments...and before even inter-watching the movie at that... if the reaction to Black Mirror putting out an interactive movie (the first of its kind) elicits this type of “presponce” then we really have become a lazy ass spoiled generation...

My 6 year old twins don’t complain this much about going to the dentist...
    Chinaskirhcoop
  • Yeah, I’m excited to give this a chance and see what they’ve done. The interaction can’t be too heavy, maybe decision points 2-4 times during the movie, so I can’t imagine it being labor intensive or anything. Good time to get up, grab a beer or a snack, hit the head, make a meaningful plot decision, and continue the entertainment.

If it’s no good, oh well, I’ve invested time in disappointing shows before and I’ll manage.
  • LordBy said:

If it’s no good, oh well, I’ve invested time in disappointing shows before and I’ll manage.
    I mean, I watched 4 (5?) seasons of The Walking Dead FFS! 
    Kela15
  • I've seen it, wasn't a fan. Some of the decisions were good for a chuckle, but I didn't find the story interesting enough to keep playing to see if there was one I liked. I can see why people would like it and I didn't hate all of it, but this type of format isn't for me. 
  •  Hey guys this might sound weird but I want to apologize for having a bad attitude with an earlier comment I made this morning, I’m not saying I don’t feel that way but I pride myself on trying to be cordial and there was a much better way I could’ve said some of the things I said… it’s no excuse but I have been taken advantage of by some family members over the holiday and just really this year in general and it all sort of hit me this morning and I’m just been in a pissy mood, like I said it’s no excuse but I really love this community even though I don’t comment every day, just wanted to make sure I didn’t pass along  my negativity ....

Merry New Year and Happy Christmas EVERYONE!!
    DeeChinaskiasmallcatMichelleDummy
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I thought the season was being released Dec 28 - is it just this movie? 
    edited December 2018
     Hey guys this might sound weird but I want to apologize for having a bad attitude with an earlier comment I made this morning, I’m not saying I don’t feel that way but I pride myself on trying to be cordial and there was a much better way I could’ve said some of the things I said… it’s no excuse but I have been taken advantage of by some family members over the holiday and just really this year in general and it all sort of hit me this morning and I’m just been in a pissy mood, like I said it’s no excuse but I really love this community even though I don’t comment every day, just wanted to make sure I didn’t pass along  my negativity ....

Merry New Year and Happy Christmas EVERYONE!!

The holidays have been really hard for me too this year. FWIW, I'm very aware that when coming into a thread and being down on a show, I deserve what I get, to a degree. I wouldn't be in this thread if it weren't for loving season 1 & 2. No offense taken. Happy new year to you! Thank God for new years. :smile:
    Chinaskidjcaudle01
  • Dee said:
    Just the movie...I had originally thought that the “interactive” episode would just be one of the 5 or 6 vignettes and that the whole of season 5 was to be out today(12-28-18)....
    Dee
  • Dee said:
    Yeah, me too. Just the movie, but the season is still coming in 2019
    Dee
  • I didn’t love it. Parts were amusing, but the fact that it is interactive broke the immersion that I usually want from a sci-fi series. I want a show to tell me something, not have it put the effort on me to keep myself entertained. Honestly, I got more wrapped up in the “what if” paths that are avail on Reddit/Twitter than the actual storyline. The format is original (I loved “choose your own adventure” back in the day), but the concept is def not original. 

The best part about the movie is the meta commentary. It is critical to getting any pleasure out of it, and the most intriguing part of this whole experience is what it says about viewers and the future of consumptive media (and marketing).
  • Not great form from BM. I mean I guess we all have our own tastes and some might like this but I found it dull and cumbersome. I got through like 20 minutes and just youtube'd the different endings. It seemed way too concerned on the inter-activeness than with the story. I have literally played this game before on a xbox game that is just a choose this or that movie where the decisions lead to different endings. Just felt uninspired which is a shame.
    JaimieTBen