Top 5 Best video game countdown

Hey everyone just posting about a daily countdown I'm doing for the top 5 best video games. Number 5, 4 and 3 have been revealed but here's number 5 

http://entertainmenttalk.org/top-5-best-games-of-all-time-5-red-dead-redemption-2/
Frakkin T

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas

BrandonTheBardFrakkin TDummyFlukes
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited December 2018
    Of all time? Because if so RDR2 might have some sort of recency bias. It’s a great game and all,  but it’s only been two months since that thing dropped.
    Frakkin T
  • Tattatale's the walking dead and crash bandicoot 3? Both good games, but best of all time?

We have very different tastes lol, which makes me VERY interested to see what the next 2 will be. 
    If Super Mario 3 isn't on this list, I'm banning you! Wait... I'm not a moderator!? Alright then, carry on. Ha ha.
  • Spoiler. It isn't 
  • 1 game left to be revealed 
  • Interesting list for sure! I think all are great games (some by reputation, I didn't play all of them but I know all were beloved) but I don't think any of them would be in my top 5 lol. 

I think my quick top 5 would be

5 - World of Warcraft
    4 - Dance Dance Revolution
    3 - Starcraft 1
    2 - Super Mario 3
    1 - Dark Souls 1
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    In no particular order: Bioshock Infinite, GTA III, Borderlands 2, Goldeneye, Left 4 Dead 2
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    Super Mario 3
    GTA3
    Golden Eye
    Mario Cart 64
    The Last of Us
    (No particular order)

Also, I am going to play Witcher 3 this year. I'm pretty excited about it.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Man, top 5 of all time? That is tough.
    In no particular order:

Super Mario 2 (yeah yeah yeah, I know, it's TECHNICALLY not even a real Mario game but I love it and I'll even go full heresy and say I like it better than Super Mario 3)

Tetris (probably specifically the OG Game Boy edition)

Skyrim (also, it's weird that I'm saying this but Witcher 3 is hands down a better game. There is just something about Skyrim's full package that I really really love)

Road Rash 2 for Sega Genesis.

The last spot I am torn between Journey and Braid. I think I have to give it to Braid. It's just such a beautiful perfect little puzzle game that I've probably run through 30 times now. I love every world, I love all the powers in each world. It's wonderful.

I love and hate making lists. I think it's fun to think back and reflect on your favorites but ask me again next week and I'll probably give you a completely different list!
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Super Mario 64!
  • This is hard to quantify so I guess I'll try to come up with a list of my top five in playtime:

Super Mario Bros
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Railroad Tycoon
    Skyrim
    Kerbal Space Program

Currently I am burning hours at an alarming rate in Factorio. I wake up, have breakfast, sit down to play Factorio and then it's 2 am
    MurderbearFreddy
  • edited December 2018
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    The Last of Us
    Skate 2
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • If it’s an all time list doesn’t a game like Doom or Half-Life need to be on there?
    If it’s an all time list doesn’t a game like Doom or Half-Life need to be on there?
    I for one feel like this list is really missing the mark by not including Street Fighter The Movie: The Game.
    Murderbear
  • If it’s an all time list doesn’t a game like Doom or Half-Life need to be on there?
    I think there's a difference between best (purely subjective) and most important - if you were making a most important list, you'd probably need Doom or Wolfenstein on there. 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited December 2018
    Mario 64
    Age of Empires II
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    World of Warcraft
    The Witness

Honorable mention: Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It's not up to par in the puzzle department, but I love the vibe. 
    russkellyMurderbear