Frank Underwood uploads bizarre Youtube video

Comments

• So let me get this straight, Kevin Spacey. You thought this was the ticket to getting you back into movies. A video of you in character, insinuating that people are jumping to conclusions and that there are no facts. On the same day you are charged with felony assault. As if people were on the fence and watched this video like "Oh shit. Maybe we were wrong the whole time. I need him back in House of Cards! He's so good"! If you want people to believe you aren't a predator, you are going to have to prove it in court. This is hard to watch. Kudos to you if you can make the full 3 minutes. 
    CretanBull
  • Dummy said:
    If you want people to believe you aren't a predator, you are going to have to prove it in court. 
    I think Kevin’s Spacey should pay for what he did, but this can’t be where we’re at now, right? The #metoo movements defense of deplatforming people was that this isnt a court of law and people can suffer social consequences for their actions, but guilty until proven innocent in the court is scary. 
    Giovanni
  • gguenot said:
    Dummy said:
    If you want people to believe you aren't a predator, you are going to have to prove it in court. 
    I think Kevin’s Spacey should pay for what he did, but this can’t be where we’re at now, right? The #metoo movements defense of deplatforming people was that this isnt a court of law and people can suffer social consequences for their actions, but guilty until proven innocent in the court is scary. 

He's being charged with felony sexual assault, was just announced today, that's why he released the video. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kevin-spacey-charged-felony-sexual-assault-1171597
  • MrX said:
    gguenot said:
    Dummy said:

He's being charged with felony sexual assault, was just announced today, that's why he released the video. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kevin-spacey-charged-felony-sexual-assault-1171597
    I wasn’t disputing that
    MrX
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    "Innocent until proven guilty" was a maxim in a society that enjoyed punishing people (think the entertainment of public punishment and executions). Our society protects sexual predators. A different maxim should apply.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Holy shit... This is free to use?:

• This is the most buckwild shit I’ve seen in a while. 
    Dummy
  • I never liked Kevin Spacey -- always had a bad feeling when I watched him.
  • gguenot said:
    Dummy said:
    Maybe you are right and I am being overly zealous, but even you seem to think he actually did something and deserves to pay for it. Considering the amount of allegations and actual charges, what do you think he needs to go back to making movies or TV shows again? The only way I see Kevin Spacey being allowed to come back is proving something in court, and maybe not even that will be enough. 
  • This was... ill advised.
    JaimieTDummyElisa
  • Dummy said:
    gguenot said:
    Dummy said:
    Maybe you are right and I am being overly zealous, but even you seem to think he actually did something and deserves to pay for it. Considering the amount of allegations and actual charges, what do you think he needs to go back to making movies or TV shows again? The only way I see Kevin Spacey being allowed to come back is proving something in court, and maybe not even that will be enough. 
    Yea I’m definitely in the camp of thinking he’s guilty given the accusations and I don’t think he should be welcomed back into the entertainment industry. I just think that when we get into the actual justice system (however fucked the system is) we need to start with the presumption of innocence. I’m also in the camp that if our flawed system let’s 100 guilty people go to ensure 1 innocent person isn’t incarcerated, it’s worth it. However, it doesn’t seem to be working in practice because many innocent people are convicted. 

Long story short, I agree with you and I know what you meant, I was just being “that person”. 

@JaimieT on the other hand... lol I agree with her too and maybe we’ll dive deeper on the topic in Discord 
    GiovanniDummy
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Well...that was awful
    JoshuaHeterDummyElisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    What the hell did I just watch?

and fwiw, this didn’t make me want him back on HOC any more than I did before, which is not at all.  
    Dummy
  • JaimieT said:
    "Innocent until proven guilty" was a maxim in a society that enjoyed punishing people (think the entertainment of public punishment and executions). Our society protects sexual predators. A different maxim should apply.
    Courts require a preponderance of evidence or no reasonable doubt. A good abuser will never leave enough evidence for a conviction.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    JaimieT said:
    Courts require a preponderance of evidence or no reasonable doubt. A good abuser will never leave enough evidence for a conviction.

(Not mad at you) I don't give a fuck what courts want, I'm talking about what attitude society is trying to thrust upon me.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Wow. The Scarface defense to sexual assault. 
    Nickplay
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited December 2018
    Wow. The Scarface defense to sexual assault. 
    To be fair, The Scarface Defense is cromulent only when the accused is drunk and high on rich people drugs.
  • This was creepy AF!!!!!!! 
  • Um, that was weird.
    Try the chewbacca defense next.
  • Schlupp said:
    Um, that was weird.
    Try the chewbacca defense next.

I'm not familiar with that. Do you rip their arms off if you lose?
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    all that's missing is a double tap on the desk. I may not sleep tonight.