Question about The Walking Dead.

edited December 2018 in General
HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
I have so many shows to watch, being aware of the downfall so I’m just interested if the first season of TWD worth watching? I recently added the Blu Ray to my amazon list and I’m happy to just watch the first season as a mini series and be done with it. A tight 6 episodes..Is that a good idea? Does it have a satisfying arc through the first season?I heard it’s great..

Comments

• Yes, it's the best season. It only goes downhill from there.
    CALVlLlAIN
  • edited December 2018
    Yes, it's the best season. It only goes downhill from there.
    Thought so.. I don’t wanna watch a video game haha
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yep. Just view that first season in a vacuum and it is very good. It’s frustrrating because you could see that they could go other places with that same show runner, but just put that out of your mind. It even ends the season with a musical number that adds some finality to the thing.
  • Watch Season 1 and stop.
  • watch season one, then go to season 9 and watch the episodes in reverse order back to season 2. That should be interesting  :)

• redlancer said:
    watch season one, then go to season 9 and watch the episodes in reverse order back to season 2. That should be interesting  :)

Why?
  • TWD is never good enough to justify watching it all the way through coming from a person who’s watched all of it thus far. The first season is ok and short enough that you could probably just watch that and be fine but I cannot stress hard enough that you should absolutely under no circumstances continue past that. 
    CALVlLlAIN
  • It’s crushing for me, a walking dead fan, to say this but if you want to get your heart broken watch through season 4 (then keep watching because at this point you’ll be invested) but be prepared for things to start going south (slowly) in a big way. I, personally, would not be able to stop after the first season but as long as you are aware that it becomes shit show after that  (until 9) you can make informed decisions 
    russkelly
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    I like season 1,2, first half of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 fell off a cliff. I stopped watching when Carl died, no Rick has gone that’s the end for me. Plus I cannot stand Eugene. The war went on too long 
    edited December 2018
    Now...Rick sorry typo above 
  • Oh you should watch 9, pretend it’s a new show you haven’t seen before.
  • redlancer said:
    watch season one, then go to season 9 and watch the episodes in reverse order back to season 2. That should be interesting  :)

Why?

I was just joking/trolling, but as mentioned as mentioned S9 is good(ish) again.

Seems so many new people I can’t handle it. A fake Glenn type, just tons of folks I cannot care about. I tried a few episodes yesterday. I miss Rick, even Michonne seems dumbed down.
  • redlancer said:
    redlancer said:

Why?

I was just joking/trolling, but as mentioned as mentioned S9 is good(ish) again.

I wanna get in and get out quick haha 
  • Alkaid13 said:
    TWD is never good enough to justify watching it all the way through coming from a person who’s watched all of it thus far. The first season is ok and short enough that you could probably just watch that and be fine but I cannot stress hard enough that you should absolutely under no circumstances continue past that. 
    I have the finale left to watch.. let’s just say i’m with you. 
  • I hear that they wrote Andrew Lincoln out in some ridiculous way. Are there any new episodes that people would recommend as being dumb enough it's funny? Anything with the garbage people / Romulans?
  • No, they manage to stay in the uncanny valley of suck where it never gets funny. There are stand out episodes along the way but rarely if ever is it justified slogging your way to them.
  • edited January 7
    There's a new zombie show (Kingdom) coming out on Netflix later this month, anyway. It has to be better than TWD. Maybe a candidate to fill the empty zombie slot on Bald Move?
    lengmo