Merry Christmas! Post your loot!

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Had a great Christmas this year. Cecily got me a pair of sweet Bluetooth earbuds I've been wanting, a copy of Spiderman for the PS4, the board game Decrypto, and the prize of my Xmas loot, a Ghus enamel pin from the Saga comics.

We're going to get some Chinese and see Mary Poppins, in a bit.  Merry Christmas everybody, how'd you all make out?

DoubleA_RongguenotDeeMichelleMurderbearbazjenster

Comments

• Louballs77Louballs77 Coral Springs, FL
    edited December 2018
    Wifey got me Gods of Thrones! She's a keeper.  Among other cool gifts, I got a turntable record player, an iphone projector, and a dad joke calendar!

https://imgur.com/a/8gAZmls

DeeMichelleJoshuaHeterMurderbear
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    That's so cool! Really puts a smile on my face thinking of people unwrapping that on Christmas morning. Thanks for sharing!

We love our turntable, it's such a great way to discover music at garage sales and thrift stores. Currently listening to a Frank Sinatra Christmas album we got for a buck this summer at a garage sale!
    JaimieTMichelleLouballs77JoshuaHeterMurderbearweeniegirl
  • Got to take my wife and son to Disney World last week, and came back this week to get an electric guitar and amp. I had one when we were first married but had to sell it to make rent. Really feels good to have one back in my home.
    cdriveA_Ron_HubbardDeeMichelleDummyMurderbearweeniegirl
  • Plus, just saw Mary Poppins Returns and was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved it! Great soundtrack and didn’t feel forced at all.
    MichelleMurderbear
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    @A_Ron_Hubbard

Yah May Poppiiiiiiiinns!!!!!!! Let us know what you think, or I'll just ask again later.
    Michelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited December 2018
    I got a couple of gift vouchers and some books. Every year my mum buys me an apron - usually with a “hilarious” jokey quote on it. I now have five aprons in my wardrobe - I never wear aprons. I don’t know what it is with her and aprons. 

My daughter bought me some Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume oils (I’m a perfume junkie - she knows what to get me) and a bunch of fancy pants foods - pickles, mustard, crackers etc - from the fancy pants restaurant/deli/cafe she works at. I bought her a bunch of things, including one amazing thing I found on eBay - you can see her reaction here: https://instagram.com/p/Bryp3oBBKK7/
    NoelDummyhisdudeness915MichelleMurderbearFreddyJoshTheBlackGiovanniDani_ArmindoHatorianand 1 other.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I got a set of Red Copper skillets, some homemade trinkets from my nieces, & a few other things.  One thing I received was a small dish (for rings or whatever) that my oldest niece made in her ceramics shop.  Our saying between us is “love you to the moon” and the dish had a crescent moon surrounded by stars and hearts around the rest of it.  If you want to see me cry, have one of my nieces do something that is personal and sentimental like that.  :heart:

It’s been a really nice day with the family.  Sending lots of love to you all as well.  Merry Christmas!  :heart:
    DeeJaimieTDummyMurderbearHatorianweeniegirl
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Dee said:
    I bought her a bunch of things, including one amazing thing I found on eBay - you can see her reaction here: https://instagram.com/p/Bryp3oBBKK7/
    Legit cracked up. Didn’t know what to expect. How did you manage to find that?
    DeeMurderbear
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Noel She’s a big Gozzles fan, so I was looking for something jokey with him on it, thinking maybe a coffee cup or a calendar, and I came across that and just had to have it. 
    Noel
  • Wife and I didn't get a ton for ourselves - just went on a vacation a couple weeks ago. We finally bought some nice new bath towels, and got a couple other small things. Our 3 year old on the other hand cleaned up, spoiled rotten by us and relatives:

MichelleDummyDeeMurderbearDani_ArmindoHatorianbazjenster
  • My mom got me Gods of Thrones! I put it on my family secret santa wishlist. Still laughing from the  look of confusion and concern on her face as I described what it was though haha. Have not tucked into yet but the artwork is amazing. Merry Christmas
    MichelleA_Ron_HubbardDeeMurderbear
  • Plastic model airplane (eduard 1:48 I-16 Soviet WWII), Pittsburgh Penguins gear, socks, underwear. 
    MichelleA_Ron_HubbardDeeMurderbearHatorian
    edited December 2018
    My sister and I have a yearly tradition of doing shots in candy cane shot glasses.  Previous years have always been mudslide - this year it was Fireball!  :astonished: :sweat_smile:

Frakkin TNoelcdriveChinaskiDeeMurderbearweeniegirl
    JaimieT said:
    @A_Ron_Hubbard

Yah May Poppiiiiiiiinns!!!!!!! Let us know what you think, or I'll just ask again later.
    Well, I hate to report that I did not like it. I watched the original just today to get excited for it, but Return... Well, turns out you can't just pish posh your way through the great depression and the death of a parent. Your mileage may vary, it's getting good reviews, I found it depressing and drab especially in comparison to the original, which holds up like a champ.
    JaimieTCapeGabe
    JaimieT said:
    @A_Ron_Hubbard

Well, I hate to report that I did not like it. I watched the original just today to get excited for it, but Return... Well, turns out you can't just pish posh your way through the great depression and the death of a parent. Your mileage may vary, it's getting good reviews, I found it depressing and drab especially in comparison to the original, which holds up like a champ.

Oh I already saw it... I love it, I find it delightful. That's too bad it didn't work for you. 
    No loot for me this Christmas. I spent both Christmas and Thanksgiving holed up in my apartment and can report that I am more happy doing that than being with my family. I am so fortunate for the many friends who texted me their love today. It's not how I always want to do the Holidays, but it's a step in the right direction.
    russkellygguenotNoelMurderbearweeniegirl
    JaimieT said:
    JaimieT said:
    @A_Ron_Hubbard

Oh I already saw it... I love it, I find it delightful. That's too bad it didn't work for you. 
    Haha, yeah. It sucks. I wanted to, we were all so stoked. I mean, I'm always saying we need more aspirational Its a Wonderful Life kind of movies, then when I get one I'm all like meh.
    JaimieT
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis

MichelleA_Ron_HubbardDeeJaimieTNoelcdriveMurderbearJoshTheBlackDani_Armindoweeniegirl
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited December 2018
    Merry Christmas Bald Movers.

My fellow BM member wife and I decided not to give each other gifts. Well, I got her some RBG dissent collar earrings and she gave me an audible subscription, but we kept it to putting money to home improvement projects. Blessed to not want anything else. We just lived it up through the kids.  Some bootleg gameboys and a classic snes and all the stuff they are  into right now.  Tonight was some hot pot with her parents, our boys’ Ama and Agong.  

A_Ron_HubbardDeeJaimieTNoelMurderbearTravisDani_Armindoweeniegirl
    Dee said:
    @Noel She’s a big Gozzles fan, so I was looking for something jokey with him on it, thinking maybe a coffee cup or a calendar, and I came across that and just had to have it. 
    Amazon?  .... asking for a friend.
    DeeNoelMurderbearhisdudeness915
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @michelle eBay ;-)
    NoelMichelle
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I got three bottles of bourbon (two of my new favorite Wild Turkey Longbranch and a bottle of Makers Mark) a set of molds to make spherical ice cubes, a gift card for Sweetwater Music, and my parents did the best thing: They paid for my hotel room at Con of Thrones. Now, I half to pay them back for half of it, which is totally fine by me, but I am just happy to have secured a room in the section saved for the Con. Also it's a bummer that they are double beds because my giant ass is too tall but I guess I'll survive for two days. Ha!

Both sides of the family do a White Elephant/Yankee Swap whatever you want to call it. The first night I got a set of 4 eight track tapes (all Christian music) and a flexible LED light. Which was then reused for the other sides exchange where I received a box of about thirty Keurig cups. (90% pumpkin spice and then some different mocahs) And that would be great, if I actually had a Keurig machine. Or drank coffee.
    JaimieTcdriverusskellyNoelMichelleHatorian
    @Murderbear are you in the “after the con of Thrones” fb group? There’s a lot of coordinating going on about where and when to hang out during the Con. I’ll be at the Westin.
    Murderbear
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    russkelly said:
    @Murderbear are you in the “after the con of Thrones” fb group? There’s a lot of coordinating going on about where and when to hang out during the Con. I’ll be at the Westin.
    I am not but I will find it and join! We are at the Sheraton Grand Downtown. I missed this past year but last year was so much fun I can't wait for next year! I've said it before but it is a slight bummer it's not in a hotel like it was the first year. We're only half a mile away but still, it was way more convenient when you just had to go downstairs to be in all the fun.
    russkelly said:
    I am not but I will find it and join! We are at the Sheraton Grand Downtown. I missed this past year but last year was so much fun I can't wait for next year! I've said it before but it is a slight bummer it's not in a hotel like it was the first year. We're only half a mile away but still, it was way more convenient when you just had to go downstairs to be in all the fun.
    I just “approved” you. ;) it’s a very helpful group.
    Murderbear
  • Merry Christmas everybody!

I ended up getting a bike which I'm super excited about. Looking forward to starting to ride into work a few days a week (I would have today, but I still have to get the thing built and I feel there is a little too much room for disaster to try to do it myself). In our white elephant game I walked out with an Amazon Echo which has been pretty fun, and I got a super awesome pair of socks that features narwals and unicorns battling. It was a really great couple of days. Fun times with wonderful folks. 
    cdriveMichelleMurderbearJaimieTChinaski
  • I got The Last Dab hot sauce from Hot Ones, i love it, a bit spicy however.

MurderbearTravis
  • I came out with a couple of expansions for Scythe and Terraforming Mars that I've been hoping for, as well as upgraded components and metal coins for Scythe.  I also got a nice machete, a pocket knife, a bottle of whiskey, a dash camera (with internal recording too, for Uber/Lyft).  We had a giant ham, and 100% grain free vegetables and deserts.

My birthday is Christmas Eve.  For that, I got a nice set of cream colored king-size sheets, a trunk organizer, some hobby-lobby inspiration wall art, and a set of shark tank Drop Stop seat gap fillers to keep things from disappearing into the black hole near my center console.  We had sous vide ribeye's with baked asparagus, potatos and brocolli.

Most of all, I got to spend the holidays with friends and family whose company I genuinely enjoy.
    MurderbearTravisJaimieTweeniegirl
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @Murderbear Just have them bring you a guest bed. Then roll that puppy to the edge and adjust with pillows until you've got solid foot coverage.
    Murderbear
    @JoshTheBlack happy belated birthday!  :smile:
    TravisJoshTheBlack