Baldies pre-game

With the Baldies coming up, what and/or who are you hoping will be nominated (and possibly win) in various categories?

I'd love to see Best Bald Movie go to Bohemian Rhapsody, and Best Drama go to The Terror, with Jared Harris possibly getting Best Actor.

Comments

  • edited December 2018
    Michelle said:
    With the Baldies coming up, what and/or who are you hoping will be nominated (and possibly win) in various categories?

    I'd love to see Best Bald Movie go to Bohemian Rhapsody, and Best Drama go to The Terror, with Jared Harris possibly getting Best Actor.
    Are you attempting to manipulate the polls???  I smell a scandal in the Baldies coming.  Just kidding @Michelle.  Honestly I haven't watched nearly as much TV as I typically do this year so I'll have to base my voting off of what I've seen.  I think Amy Adams and Sharp Objects has a lot going for it and I did think The Terror was very good but I don't think I could vote for The Terror as best drama although it was a damn good series so maybe I could.  I'll be interested to see what's on the ballot.  My other problem is everything kind of blended together and I don't exactly remember what all I've watched in 2018 that's Baldie worthy.  
    MichelleFlukes
  • I think The Expanse will rightly dominate this year. Other than that I didn't watch most of what they covered this year, so I'm curious how many of the shows I did watch sneak in there. I'm hoping Homecoming gets some love somewhere.
  • I want The Americans to get serious consideration. 
    Flukes
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited December 2018
    tom_g said:
    I want The Americans to get serious consideration. 
    I think they should have a category that listeners vote on for best series that Bald Move didn't watch/cover - not as a dig on them or anything - there are too many shows these days so one cannot expect them to cover everything and maintain their level of quality - but I think it would be interesting to hear what the audience consensus is, and I could also see it as being helpful for @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard as they decide how to choose what to cover in future years.

    My nominees for "Best Show that Bald Move Didn't Cover or Watch":

    The Americans
    The Good Place
    Homecoming
    Killing Eve
    Succession

    FlukesMFG
  • edited December 2018
    MrX said:
    tom_g said:
    I want The Americans to get serious consideration. 
    I think they should have a category that listeners vote on for best series that Bald Move didn't watch/cover - not as a dig on them or anything - there are too many shows these days so one cannot expect them to cover everything and maintain their level of quality - but I think it would be interesting to hear what the audience consensus is, and I could also see it as being helpful for @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard as they decide how to choose what to cover in future years.

    My nominees for "Best Show that Bald Move Didn't Cover or Watch":

    The Americans
    The Good Place
    Homecoming
    Killing Eve
    Succession

    I'd love a quick Bald Move TV that talks about Homecoming.  I really enjoyed it and it's Sam Esmail doing Sam Esmail type of things.  While I watched and enjoyed Succession, I don't know how interesting it would be to listen to a podcast talking about that show.  But who knows I could be completely wrong on that and honestly I'd listen to the guys talk about any show so I'd listen regardless.  The Americans is the one big show that I never jumped on the bandwagon and am regretting it big time.  I will be making it a priority to watch through all of it in the near future.  
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited December 2018
    MrX said:
    tom_g said:
    I want The Americans to get serious consideration. 
    I think they should have a category that listeners vote on for best series that Bald Move didn't watch/cover - not as a dig on them or anything - there are too many shows these days so one cannot expect them to cover everything and maintain their level of quality - but I think it would be interesting to hear what the audience consensus is, and I could also see it as being helpful for @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard as they decide how to choose what to cover in future years.

    My nominees for "Best Show that Bald Move Didn't Cover or Watch":

    The Americans
    The Good Place
    Homecoming
    Killing Eve
    Succession

    I'd love a quick Bald Move TV that talks about Homecoming.  I really enjoyed it and it's Sam Esmail doing Sam Esmail type of things.  While I watched and enjoyed Succession, I don't know how interesting it would be to listen to a podcast talking about that show.  But who knows I could be completely wrong on that and honestly I'd listen to the guys talk about any show so I'd listen regardless.  The Americans is the one big show that I never jumped on the bandwagon and am regretting it big time.  I will be making it a priority to watch through all of it in the near future.  
    In terms of shows that would be great getting Bald Move coverage, I totally agree with Homecoming, and to that I would add The Good Place. Succession was fun but yea probably wouldn't be a compelling week to week podcast. 
  • If The Leftovers doesn't win again I'll be pissed  ;)
    ChinaskiMichelleMrXFlukesNoelOpusWho
  • edited January 2
    The Americans deserves serious props for sticking the landing. The Terror, I thought, was grossly underrated. Jared Harris and Tobias Menzies were amazing. 

    I loved Thrones, which for many reasons, should be graded on a curve. But The Expanse was the best thing I saw on TV this year. 

    Edit: The Deuce was awesome, but I enjoyed S1 more. 
    MrX
  • I really hope this is the place where Atlanta finally gets its due. I think it was easily the best comedy among a slew of really good comedies this year. It probably won't because I don't think Jim watches it. Very sad. 
    ChinaskiMurderbearMrXNoelOpusWhoCodyHarris821
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Dummy said:
    I really hope this is the place where Atlanta finally gets its due. I think it was easily the best comedy among a slew of really good comedies this year. It probably won't because I don't think Jim watches it. Very sad. 
    Couldn’t agree more. And I’d also go ahead and say it was the best show period in 2018. 
    Dummy
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Noel said:
    Dummy said:
    I really hope this is the place where Atlanta finally gets its due. I think it was easily the best comedy among a slew of really good comedies this year. It probably won't because I don't think Jim watches it. Very sad. 
    Couldn’t agree more. And I’d also go ahead and say it was the best show period in 2018. 
    Did you watch The Terror or Sharp Objects?
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Michelle said:
    Noel said:
    Dummy said:
    I really hope this is the place where Atlanta finally gets its due. I think it was easily the best comedy among a slew of really good comedies this year. It probably won't because I don't think Jim watches it. Very sad. 
    Couldn’t agree more. And I’d also go ahead and say it was the best show period in 2018. 
    Did you watch The Terror or Sharp Objects?
    No and Yes. I guess my main problem of Sharp Objects was that sometimes the slow burn was a bit too slow for me. I still loved it, definitely on my list of best shows this year. I plan on getting to The Terror before the end of the month.
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Noel said:
    Michelle said:
    Noel said:
    Dummy said:
    I really hope this is the place where Atlanta finally gets its due. I think it was easily the best comedy among a slew of really good comedies this year. It probably won't because I don't think Jim watches it. Very sad. 
    Couldn’t agree more. And I’d also go ahead and say it was the best show period in 2018. 
    Did you watch The Terror or Sharp Objects?
    No and Yes. I guess my main problem of Sharp Objects was that sometimes the slow burn was a bit too slow for me. I still loved it, definitely on my list of best shows this year. I plan on getting to The Terror before the end of the month.
    Oh, just wait 'til you see The Terror.  It was sooooo good.
    Noel
  • MrX said:
    I think they should have a category that listeners vote on for best series that Bald Move didn't watch/cover - not as a dig on them or anything - there are too many shows these days so one cannot expect them to cover everything and maintain their level of quality - but I think it would be interesting to hear what the audience consensus is, and I could also see it as being helpful for @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard as they decide how to choose what to cover in future years.
    I like that idea! So have the guys mentioned anywhere if the Baldies are happening this year at all? I was wondering if they might be a littte too busy, what with True Detective coming up, and I also haven't received a survey link yet...
  • Big winners will probably be from the below shows

    Expanse
    sharp objects
    better call saul
    mr robot

  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Next week we'll be putting up a poll/survey to get listener suggestions for the write in candidates for the major categories. Be on the lookout!
    MrXMichelleMFGCodyHarris821Noel
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 10
    Hatorian said:
    Big winners will probably be from the below shows

    Expanse
    sharp objects
    better call saul
    mr robot


    They also were really high on The Deuce this season. 

    I'm guessing Barry and Atlanta on the comedy side. And maybe BoJack?
Sign In or Register to comment.