Laptop advice?

MichelleMichelle California
I inherited my mom's old laptop.  It has Windows 8, and not a lot of memory.  I'd like to upgrade the memory and also upgrade to Windows 10.  Should I upgrade the memory first?  If I do that, then upgrade Windows, will I need to re-install the memory upgrade?  I'm so clueless when it comes to this stuff.   If anyone can please offer some advice, I'd appreciate any and all - thanks in advance!

Comments

• russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    edited January 6
  • Michelle said:
    I inherited my mom's old laptop.  It has Windows 8, and not a lot of memory.  I'd like to upgrade the memory and also upgrade to Windows 10.  Should I upgrade the memory first?  If I do that, then upgrade Windows, will I need to re-install the memory upgrade?  I'm so clueless when it comes to this stuff.   If anyone can please offer some advice, I'd appreciate any and all - thanks in advance!
    Once the memory is installed it will still be installed if you upgrade to Windows 10. Both of the upgrades are independent of each other. So, you can do each in whatever order you prefer. Ask more questions if you have them. 
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Giovanni said:
    Michelle said:
    Once the memory is installed it will still be installed if you upgrade to Windows 10. Both of the upgrades are independent of each other. So, you can do each in whatever order you prefer. Ask more questions if you have them. 
    Perfect, thanks!
  • Come back to NYC and I'll give you a laptop, install new Windows and do an upgrade for you

To answer youy questions: upgrade the memory then OS unless you're short on £.  Consider an SSD upgrade, too.
    Michelle
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA

Michelle